Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quotes, Rava.

QW, so sorry to hear this about the Mrs. Can't imagine how hard and heartbreaking it must be for both of you. Thinking of you.

Still helping my friend re-furb her park model. Hoping to have it finished for them to move in by the 6th. I'm getting too old for this kind of work but it sure feels good to help!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

39F and raining
      Glad to see everyone made it through the holiday.
      Thanks for the week of quotes, Rava.
      No shopping for me, bike ride instead.
      back home
      24 more please

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24,yep Dill moosetracks rules!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to my granddaughters 5th birthday party today, looking forward to the big hug she always has ready for me.

Mrs QW’s symptoms show up at different times, often when her meds are wearing off. It concerns me because she is still driving and I worry what might happen if her meds impact her ability to react to a situation on the road. And this is just one of the many symptoms that present at different times. It is truly heartbreaking to watch as Parkinson’s slowly but steadily takes a toll on her.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I can’t give up chocolate -although I didn’t think I could give up pizza or ice cream either, and I have! (for my hypervitaminosis A condition)
            I do like the flavor of beer and red wine. Thankfully there are de-alcoholized versions available, so I don’t have to give up the flavor too.

It must be so heartbreaking watching Parkinson’s take its toll on your wife, QW. And the declines add to your caregiving burdens, and having to worry about her driving too. Today will be a delightful day for you both with a happy, loving five-year-old! It was fun being with my 7-year-old niece on Thanksgiving.

Well, my three brothers never would have started drinking before the guests arrived on a holiday, so that is different for me. And throwing the football around with beers still in hand: maybe that’s how the nephews are used to doing it on their college campus, is all I can think. Obviously I’m one who always clung to my booze beverage tightly, seeing that getting my fix was so important to me, and led to alcoholism.

I loved the quote today, Rava. 24 more for me please!
            Last edited by Slo; November 30, 2019, 12:24 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              So good to hear that everyone made it through yesterdays festivities without quitting on their quits! We do feel like an outsider when we first give up the booze, but eventually standing alone shows our true strength and courage!

So sorry to hear about Molly @NoraC, I dread the day that Hank leaves us...
              Thank you cowboy. I have a hole in my heart for sure. She was my special girl. Is Hank staying in town with Bubba now?
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello to everyone. Please another 24 and thank you.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I haven't been able to read back completely but it looks like everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my family & friends and my friends here that understand me. Thank you for being here. :heartbeat:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Believe you can and you’re halfway there - Theodore Roosevelt

I have always felt that having a plan and being positive is so important in getting to where we want to be, accomplishing what we want to accomplish. By believing we can beat the beast, by believing in ourselves, gives us a solid foundation for staying sober.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Yes QW believing in ourselves is half the battle. Never ever thought I could give up the booze but once I did, I started to gain confidence in myself and my ability to change. I do understand your fears with your wife’s condition. I was in your shoes with my late husband. There is nothing worse than watching a loved one decline in body and spirit. It’s truly heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. Today we are taking 2 of the grands on a little train ride with Santa. Should be fun. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

53F and rain. Cold front moving through and temps will be dropping through the day, possible snow later.
                      Working today, early check-in.
                      So sorry about your little Molly, Nora.
                      Accentuate the positive everyone.
                      24 more please

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Still cool here, but a warming trend on it's way!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise and shine, it's breakfast time!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for last week's quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Very encouraging! [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... So sorry that you and your wife are having such a hard time. I can't even imagine what you both are going through. I admire you for the loving care that you give Mrs. QW. :heart:
                            I'm with you on the ice cream dill....Moose tracks is the best!
                            The weather guys are calling for 9-15 inches of snow today and tomorrow, with a little sleet thrown in for good measure.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! Looks yummy!!

Comment

Yummy breakfast, ABC. Think I'll make a tofu scramble this morning. Thanks for the inspiration!

Good quote to start the week, QW!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X