~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:04 am in Vegas another 24,love the cute pup!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, congrats on getting back in the saddle! I bet Homer missed you.

Dogs. Best thing man ever did was domesticating them. As a wise person said “The more people I meet, the better I like my dog”! I can’t imagine not having a four legged companion in my house.

Last day of baking today and then I’m done. I texted a photo of yesterday’s baking to my son in Australia and he made me promise to save some for him. He gets here Thursday.

Off to brekkie - Mrs QW’s blueberry pancakes. Sorry Cowboy, as awesome looking as your breakfast looks, Mrs QW’s blueberry pancakes are the best.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’ll eat that breakfast, Cowboy! But will leave the AA behind.

I get it now: don’t talk about really painful things in your life here, just talk about fudge.

24 more please
        Last edited by Slo; December 15, 2019, 11:14 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning everyone, happy Un Hung Sun

Grateful to be feeling good this morning with no regrets.

-9C at 10:28 in Calgary.

Another day please and another pancake!
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

The whole point of the Cafe is to be able to talk about anything [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], painful, joyful, humdrum, cooking, families etc! Except politics that is lol. Like most men, I have a difficult time with “baring my soul” but have come to realize that this is the best place to do it! A place where everyone understands what we are really going through.

And a lot of time I’m not sure how to respond to some of the problems shared here. Either because I haven’t been through an experience like that, or because what I might say will be taken out of context and hurt/offend someone. But rest assured, I feel for each and everyone of you when you’re having troubles or going through painful situations. We’re all in this together, through thick and thin!
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2019, 07:59 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

SLO, I agree with Cowboy. We are all in this together. xo
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Yes, we are all in this together and of course we all share a variety of things here. Some are quite painful but many are just what's on our minds or what we find of interest. Slo, I wasn't sure yesterday if you were just saying that in jest, or out of hurt when you said:
                "I get it now: don’t talk about really painful things in your life here, just talk about fudge."
                So I didn't respond because I wasn't sure how, even tho it seemed directed at me. If I have offended you please accept my apology. If you were just joking then forgive my confusion. Sometimes it is hard to understand what's really intended in a setting like this.

As it turned out, the fudge was a total disaster and I had to throw it away! And I had a really hard time dealing with that minor upset for some reason. Cravings were very strong. Probably because there are lots of problems in my life currently over which I have no control that at any moment could turn into disasters. So for today I will try to control the one problem in life I have a say so over and can avoid at least one complete disaster.

24 hours please.
                Last edited by dill; December 16, 2019, 06:23 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

6:05am in Vegreville, Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-5C (23F) this morning, cloudy, a bit windy, and snow in the forecast...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had to chuckle a bit [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] when I read about your fudge because the same thing happened to me with my cinnamon buns on Saturday! Spent 3 hours mixing dough, melting butter, crushing pecans, etc. only to see my efforts all go to waste! After the 1 hour rise time for the dough, it didn't look and feel like it should. I probably should have tossed it right them, but carried on anyway. When they finished baking, they came out as hard as hockey pucks! So it was into the garbage for them and start over. The second batch turned out much better, but still not as fluffy as they should be. First thing I thought of was outdated yeast but that wasn't the case. Then I thought I might have missed an ingredient or a step in the preparation so I went back through the recipe, but I had done everything right, in the right order. So onto Chef Google I went. Turns out you shouldn't use skim milk for cinnamon buns, who'd a thought that the type of milk would make a difference!

I bet Homer was as happy to have you back in the saddle as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! It's amazing how quickly our muscles deteriorate after lack of use! I couldn't believe how painful it was to get my arm and hand working again after just 3 weeks in the splint!

Comment

Sorry for the late quote post! I couldn't get logged in. Hmmm

Monday quote....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

All this talk about fudge brought back memories of when I was about 4 years old. I figured out if I poured milk into the sugar bowl, Mom would make fudge. Sometimes she wasn’t happy about it but I always got some!

I didn’t finish baking yesterday afternoon. I came down with a bad case of the sooners (sooner be doing anything other than what I was supposed to be doing) so cookies will get baked this morning. I too had a disappointment with the cookies I baked the other day. I tried a new recipe and they weren’t what I expected.

Plans are falling into place for my Aussie son’s visit, lots of skating, maybe some skiing, definitely a snowball fight, things that he can’t do at home. Looking forward to spending a lot of time with him.

Day 294 today, the longest I’ve been af in years.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for this morning's quote Ginger! I often struggle with staying in the present. I have false "good memories" of drinking in the past, which have caused me to slip up. Damn rose colored glasses!I

I baked a bunch of molasses raisin cookies for Christmas gifts yesterday. I like to cook, but not a fan of baking cookies. Lots of F bombs were dropped in the kitchen during the process, and the lack of Christmas cheer was clearly evident!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Do they Know it's Christmas ~ Band Aid 1984 - YouTube

Stole this from Satz over at the army! eaceful:
                              Last edited by Jude58; December 16, 2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I need to ask for 24 hours of sobriety...hopefully the first of many. Please and thank you.
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X