~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:53 am in Vegas another 24 QW,my heart goes out to you and your wife,you certainly are a wonderful husband and she's lucky to have you by her side,hope today is an easy day for you both:hug:
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had a great time at my granddaughters 5th birthday party yesterday. When I got out of the car, she opened the house door, yelled Granddad! and ran down the walk to give me a hug. It made my day.

My daughter in law’s family arrived shortly after I did. The first thing they did after saying hi was to pour a generous amount of Baileys into their coffee cups. It wasn’t even 10:30AM! No thanks but there was a time when I would have joined them.

Jude, I remember those snow days and even though we get severe winter weather here, those eastern North America snow events are just plain nasty. It was during one of those events that I met a lot of our neighbours shortly after we moved to eastern Ontario. I fired up my snowblower and cleared 6 or 7 driveways. I went through about $10 in gas and made some great friends!

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy!! Looks amazing.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; December 1, 2019, 10:21 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote QW, Thanks. Thinking we can is half the battle!

Thanks for the breakfast, Cowboy. YUM!

Nora, I'm sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. Our dogs touch us so deeply.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We do have to believe we can do this! That will get us halfway there.

I went to bed early, and slept in until 8am! Guess I need it. I’m just so tired lately. When I fall back to sleep in the early morning as I did both days this weekend, that’s when a lot of dreaming happens.

We got the Christmas tree last night, and I got all the Fall decorations put away yesterday. December 1st -time to make Christmas happen! I braved a store on Friday for one Black Friday gift, and ordered one online. It’s a start!

That’s nice that you’ll have a friend in the RV park, Ginger! You’re probably sore from all that physical work setting up their place.

That breakfast looks good enough to eat, Cowboy! (My dad used to say that!)

Thinking of you, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION].

Asking for another 24 hours please.
          Last edited by Slo; December 1, 2019, 11:01 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

When the past calls, let it go to voicemail. Believe me, it has nothing new to say!

We can’t change the past although I know there are things I’d like to change. I bet we all do. What we can change is the present and especially the future.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

24/7/365

Comment

Spot on quote QW!! Thanks for that. Dwelling in the past is never a good option. Hope everyone has a good day. I still feel like I’m on vacation instead of retirement. I guess it will sink in soon. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Lots of snow on the ground with more to come throughout the day! I have an early morning dentist appointment, and not looking forward to the drive!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning with no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That a good quote and a great reminder, QW.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

39F with light rain /sleet
                        Had to google Moose tracks
                        24 more please

Comment

Off to go get pre-surgical bloodwork done.

Keep Mrs. V away from the Moose Tracks ice cream, or she won’t be sugar-free no more!

I need to stay forward-facing too, and quit dwelling on the past.

24 more on an easy Monday, please!
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That quote was a great one, QW! I zinger and full of wisdom as well. I wonder if you somehow knew I needed that one today as I have been strolling down memory lane the last day or two somehow searching for answers that might help me with today. But, it's really a fool's errand. What's done is done. Must stay in the present and look to the future.

Mr. V, I cannot believe you didn't know moosetracks! Slo is right: best not to try it at this point in time!

24 more please and thanks.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s mild and sunny here today, might get two walks in as long as Jessie doesn’t complain!

Off to do some Xmas shopping today. I have the grandkids presents bought. I give them something to open Xmas morning but most of their gift is a contribution to their registered education savings accounts. Hopefully someday they, or their parents, will appreciate it!

Have a great af Monday everyone and don’t cyber shop til you drop!!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; December 2, 2019, 11:10 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

I have to quit being so lazy and actually do a post! Since my evenings are quiet, I figured this might be a good time to do a post other than my check-in and roll call…

Hunting season came and went, another year of unfilled tags, but it was still successful as I spent lots of time with my son! We saw enough animals, some even close to being shooters, but let them pass to keep their genes in the DNA pool for future shooters.

The past week or so has seen my older brother’s 9th Anniversary of passing, and my mom’s 7th Anniversary of passing. It was a time of remembering all the good times I shared with them both.

Yes, you did a fantastic job with your quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and you’re continuing the tradition [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X