~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning café friends, we are starting the day with lots of sunshine. I wish I could send it to everyone!
    GS Mint cookies are my favorite too, Jude. I wish I could share!
    QW that was a funny story about the Girl Guides! Sounds like a smart thing to do! We have medical marijuana dispensaries but so far it is not sold for recreational use.

I loved yesterday's quote Cowboy. You are finding really good ones this week!

24 please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross posted, Cowboy! Another good and encouraging quote!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning y'all! Haven't been saying a lot, but that's because I haven't had much to say lol. I don't like to complain, but I surely do miss the "like" and "thank" buttons!!

Have a safe trip home [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and a big :thumbsup: for an AF vacation!

Sounds like we're all plodding along waiting for spring, it can't come soon enough for me!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

TopGolf was a blast. Will definitely go back!
          I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hola from Solidaridad for the last time. We’re packed and ready to go home.

Mrs QW commented last evening how well I’ve done staying af. She said she misses having a drink from time to time. I explained she can have a drink, I can’t. Simple as that. She’s concerned though what affect al might have on her Parkinson meds although I think that’s her way of saying If you’re not going to drink, neither will I.

Looking forward to picking up Jessie tomorrow and getting back into our more walking, less eating routine!

Oh, we saw the obnoxious “ladies” from the other night at lunch yesterday. Still loud & obnoxious!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; February 19, 2020, 08:58 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:21 am in Vegas I'm not drinking today.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please at 11:34 in Calgary, nice a sunny today at -2C.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Cold and snowy here! Brrrr.. I read somewhere that during the dark days of winter, there is life below the surface of the earth. The plants underground are preparing for the arrival of Spring, hidden away, but soon to be growing above ground in a splendor of green. It gives me hope.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Safe travels home QW. Back to reality! Ginger what is top golf. Is it like disc golf where you throw a disc into a basket above the ground? Dill, I just bought thin mints yesterday from the Girl Scouts. My favorite too. THanks for the great quotes so far this week Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

QW, I think Mrs. QW is smart to avoid al due to the meds she is on and I hope she sticks to it! You two are such a great team. Safe travels on your way to "home, sweet home".

Jude, thanks for the reminder about the life beneath the surface. In fact I have seen evidence of it in that the daffodil and crocus leaves are pushing their way up!

Narilly, Ginger, Pauly, Rava, Slo, hello, hello!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], do I have QD next week or the week after? I used to follow your week but now I am not sure if QW slips in between us. Oh, and our well failed the health department inspection. It exceeded the acceptable level of coliform so we were told to retreat it and then give them a call. In the meantime we were told the water was safe for cooking and cleaning but not drinking. (We've been drinking it right along tho and neither of us have suffered any ill effects.) Anyway we treated it yesterday and are calling the health department today. As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always something!"

24 more please.
                      Last edited by dill; February 20, 2020, 06:37 AM.
                      Dill

Comment

“Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's a cha-cha.” - Robert Brault

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) this morning. Good thing it warmed up as Adam and I have to run a gas line in a new farm shop today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, you still follow me with QD [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so you're up on Sunday! Your well should be easily treatable, and a lot of those "unfit for human consumption" warnings are put on because it's unsafe for babies. Adult systems tend to be a bit more forgiving when it comes to drinking water, however, that's not always the case so the warning gets applied.

Comment

Such a bummer about your water, Dill. Did they tell you to bleach the faucet and run water after before you take another sample? Sometimes the coloform lives on your faucet. Happened to us years ago.

Having a great time with my sister's. One more week of sister time.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

It is so wonderful snuggling this beautiful little baby boy, Beckett!

At least you know your water is good for you, Dill. It just needs to be made safe for the vulnerable little ones. Interesting! I learn a lot here.

I got the message from a couple of travel trips with Mr. Slo that he is not interested in traveling with a sober companion, so traveling the world together like lots of couples do will not be something that I will be suggesting or pursuing to do with him. IÂ’m not much interested anymore anyways; got my dumb knee problem interfering with the things I would want to do, and I donÂ’t care to be exposed to corona virus and terrorist attacks & such anyways.

Today I will be snuggling an infant instead of drinking!
                              Last edited by Slo; February 20, 2020, 08:43 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:04 am in Vegas another 24,QW, hope you're home safe! Slo, I could see all of that interfering with wanting to travel but I'd be a bit upset by Mr. Slo's comment too sorry he's not more supportive? Or maybe I just read it wrong, Dill, maybe Ginger has a point and it's living on the faucet? Anyhoo wishes for a happy AF Thursday for us all
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X