~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy weekend everyone. Hoping everyone has an easy AF day.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24,Dill, I can already see a difference in Louie, he's quieter and a bit withdrawn since all of this, it doesn't help that there's really no place to take them to have any fun, too hot for the park, too iffy to take them to a water park, or kids soft play gym, I just don't want any uneeded exposure to them, QW, think we're looking at another lockdown too as far as rumors go that are floating around, just hafta wait and see, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Two weeks ago I saw a sports medicine doctor and was told to stop walking, an activity I love and enjoy sharing with my 4 legged buddy Jessie. He said to get a stationary bike and ride 45 minutes daily. One of my neighbours was getting rid of a recumbent bike because she couldn’t use it - she lost the power cord. I asked if I could buy it from her but she wouldn’t take any money. I brought it home, cleaned it up and ordered a power cord on Amazon. The cord arrived yesterday and the bike works perfectly!

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe and distant from the covidiots.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more please and thank you.

Good news about the exercise bike, QW! Will you continue to take walks with your trusty sidekick tho? Maybe just cover less ground?
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Enjoy your New (used) bike QW!

Another hot and muggy day on tap!I

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and congrats on retirement Mr. V. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

73F hot and muggy, the usual.
                  Why quit walking, QW? I'm confused. Best exercise every, and VERY easy to social distance. Your four legged friend will not be happy. I must be missing something.
                  I feel sorry for Louie, he so wants to see his friends, school is about so much more than academics.
                  24 more please.

Comment

Time for breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Are you going to go into full retirement mode [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] or semi-retire? Is it possible to do some freelance work that wouldn't require much travel?

As they say, one person's junk is another person's treasure [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Enjoy that bike, and as it has been said, can you just shorten your walks?

Comment

When my knee was cranky, we bought a recumbent bike. Walking really hurt but the bike didn't at all. Must be the weight on the knee that bugs me. Anyway, our pup is struggling to walk even two miles anymore so its been really nice to have the bike to get our heart rates up! Enjoy, QW. Hope you can get back to walking too. I'm back up to four miles now so I think the bike helped with that too.

Headed out soon. Pacific Ocean here we come! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas another 24,QW, glad the bike got a new home and you actually like it, I bought a brand new one a few years ago and ended up just throwing it away cuz I don't like bike riding I guess haha, they say pick an exercise you love so you'll stuck to it, sounds like you really like the bike, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I updated the programming on my “new” exercise bike yesterday. It was purchased in 2013, had been used for 3.5 hours and the odometer had 55 miles! It doesn’t have the latest electronics but it has everything I need and the price was right!
                            I was thinking Mr V that I’ll never be to the point where I could accompany you on a bike ride but I’m enjoying this new exercise.
                            It was a gut punch when the doctor said no more walking. I too thought that walking was the best exercise a person could do. Apparently arthritis is preventing me from walking properly and is causing issues with hamstrings and other stuff. The possibility of catastrophic damage to my back leading to permanent damage was a real wake up call. My chiropractor agreed with most of what the sports medicine doc said but suggested maybe I try shorter walks, something I’ve tried and intend to keep doing. On days I don’t walk, I’m virtually pain free. The days I walk a shorter route does cause some pain but I’ll put up with it.
                            We’re fortunate to have wonderful neighbours for many reasons, but when I told them about not being able to go for long walks, they have taken Jessie for a 60 minute walk every day with their dog.

Speaking of short walks, Jessie and I are about to head out the door.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Have a great week Ginger. Will you be able to check in with your Cafe buddies?

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; July 26, 2020, 08:29 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hot, hot, hot here today! Good day to not drink!

Enjoy the Pacific, Ginger. Is it just for today or a few days?

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

What a kind neighbor you have QW! I'm sure that Jessie appreciates being included in their walks!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy! Yum!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X