~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I swear I posted yesterday? How weird. Rava, safe travels even though you're practically already home I think I could live in FL full time too I'm just not one for cold, although the trade off is we don't get seasons, Dill, wow that's interesting that the lady wanted to see her old home, I get it though, Cowboy boring is ok, I think we're all living boring loves this year but like you said it's better than drama filled, QW, any pics you'd like to share we'd love to see 5:59 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hopefully everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

49F and still raining, got 3+ inches here.
      Congrats on the big 600, QW!
      Drove by my childhood home on my last excusion, I did not go in, lol!
      What is it about childhood homes? Nearly everyone I know does a visit.
      24 more here please

Comment

Rava, safe travels for the rest of your trip.

Pauly, how are you feeling? Hoping better!

QW, 600 days! That's awesome. Congrats!

Cold snap coming our way. We are going to have to winterize the 5th wheel just to stay here until Nov 1! We haven't had to do that before. Still on the fence with going/staying. The answer will come in time.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. School for me! 24 more😊

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, safe travels the rest of the way home. Hope you’re enjoying the drive. We love a road trip, hopefully next year will be more conducive to travelling.

I’ll have to look for a mountain photo, in the meantime, this is a red tail hawk I came across on a hike one day. He posed for about 5 minutes before spotting a meal and taking off.

Somebody pointed out yesterday that we’d better embrace winter this year since we can’t travel. I’m envious of those who can travel. Since we’ll be staying home, I’m going to spend time on photography plus I’m going to learn how to play guitar. I can’t risk getting bored because I’m afraid of where it might lead - the liquor store!

Pauly, hope you’re feeling well.

Stay safe and af everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Safe travels Rava!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Well Ginger, if you end up having to winterize the 5th wheel then it seems to me you are in no hurry to decide to go or stay. Perhaps just wait until the spirit moves you?

QW, I love the hawk picture! We have a lot of red tail hawks where we live. Lucky you finding one that 'posed' for you!

Cowboy, we had our furnace checked last week. What we thought would be a fairly quick maintenance visit turned into an expensive service visit. The unit was on the verge of a major breakdown that would have been even more expensive if we hadn't caught it when we did. It probably would've happened on the coldest night of the year! Mr. D listened and went down to the cellar to see and he saw the problem. He has good understanding of things mechanical. I know you are wondering now what the nature of the problem was so I'll copy and paste the work order if you care to see it:

REPLACED FUEL FILTER AND NOZZLE. PULLED AND CLEANED ELECTRODES AND NOZZLE ASSEMBLY. REINSTALLED AND STARTED UNIT. FOUND UNIT WOULD ONLY RUN FOR ABOUT 10-15 SECONDS AND THEN SHUT OFF. FOUND BURNER MOTOR BOLTS WERE LOOSE, PULLED BURNER AND FOUND PUMP COUPLER WAS WORE OUT FROM WHERE MOTOR WAS NOT MOUNTED SECURELY. ALSO CHECKED RETENTION HEAD. ADJUSTED AND REINSTALLED. FOUND UNIT WOULD STILL ONLY RUN FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS. REMOVED OLD PRIMARY CONTROL AND INSTALLED NEW ONE. RESTARTED AND CHECKED OPERATION. UNIT IS RUNNING FINE AT THIS TIME.

Well, Cowboy you did say you were a bit bored, so I am just doing my part to help you fill a bit of your time!

24 more please and thank you!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I understood everything he said and repaired [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and I didn't realize diesel fuel was still popular as a heating source down there. It's been obsolete in Alberta around 40 years or so, but I still run into the odd one that needs service/repair. And he's right, if the motor mounting bracket in the burner assembly would have worn out, you'd be looking at a complete new burner assembly, probably cheaper to replace the whole furnace in the long run! Good thing he caught it in time! How much per hour do they charge for repair work if you don't mind me asking?

It's a bit of a pain to winterize campers [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but simple to un-winterize when needed lol. Do you use the non-toxic antifreeze, or blow the lines out with air? I use the antifreeze because I'm to lazy to spend the time with the air compressor lol.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; October 21, 2020, 06:53 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

58F warming up to the mid 70's today.
                    Cleaning house, that is all.
                    24 more please

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I just wrote a long post and it didnt post. UGH. Anyway, thanks for all the safe travels wishes. We are home to fog and rain. Big difference from sun and warmth. Ginger, I hope you figure out if you are going to travel or not. Time will tell whats right for you. Loved the red tail hawk picture QW. Thanks for that. Pauly I hope you are feeling better. Dill, that was real that you were able to show the house to the former people that lived there. It was probably nice for you to learn some of your home’s history. Feeling find of torn today. I am really considering the possibility of moving full time to our little condo. I have 5 grand children here in the north. That is my dilemma. We see them fairly regularly. I feel like the cost of two homes is really kind of crazy. We could sell our home up north and rent a place nearby in the summer to visit the grand kids. We would have more money to travel back and forth as well. My head is spinning. We love our little condo and the friends that we have made. As we get older its time to simplify and having one small place makes sense. Then again I don’t want to regret it. We have no rush to make a decision at the moment so I will not be drinking over this. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Feel better and my daughters second test was negative too Rava, that is alot to think about, to be close to the grandkids is really important but like you said you'd be able to visit alot, at least you're not in any rush to make a decision, Ginger, what do you want do do about traveling? I know you said it's your hubs who hates winter but would you be ok with staying put? This whole covid thing is confusing cuz one news says numbers are ok then another news says they're skyrocketing, I see parts of europe are shutting down again, I don't think that helps, I think it just prolongs it tbh. Our governor was on yesterday and just said it's our part to wear masks, wondering if those even work if so many people are still catching it, anyhoo 6:04 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, hope your decision to sell makes itself clear soon. The older I get the harder it is for me to miss my gkid's milestones.

Pauly, I'm really not sure how I feel about winter. It's been so long since I've experienced a Washington winter! I used to ski so I loved it back then but I'm too old to pick that up again! Lol

ABC, we will blow the lines in the 5th wheel then add antifreeze to the p-traps. I'm not quite sure how to winterize the washing machine so going to look that up on YouTube!

Waves to everyone. Got to get moving! 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Furnace problems. In the spring we had our annual servicing done on the furnace and AC. They found the heat exchanger in the furnace had cracked plus the blower motor was leaking oil. Long story short, we opted to replace it with a more efficient unit with a 12 year warranty rather than spend $2,650 to fix a 10 year old furnace.

Gotta love small town living for a lot of reasons. Yesterday, we left the house at 9:20 for Mrs QW’s 9:30 doctors appointment. After, we stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, got our flu shots and were home by 10!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone, stay safe.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava...hope that you make a decision soon about your living arrangements. I can see how important your grandkids are to you, so it's kind of a tough call to make. Something that you need to weigh all of the pros and cons for sure.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; October 22, 2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X