No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

What a gorgeous morning, 0C (32F) and no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 18, 2019, 07:52 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a powerful quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], thank you! It's something I've been working on a lot lately!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
        I like that visual of the matches. To me it said, take a step back and stop the madness. Don't be the match that keeps things burning!
        To me it meant don’t get lit with the rest of them; step back so you don’t get burned by alcohol again!

Christmas has begun for you if your son is here now from the upside down part of the world, QW!

No snow to shovel here either, just very cold and with a light dusting of snow.

24 more hours please.
        Last edited by Slo; December 18, 2019, 08:26 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I love how each of us interpret the quotes. Thanks for sharing that, Slo.

Hubs agreed to drive us home for Christmas! It's an easy air flight but the pup would have to be kenneled and he'll have none of that so driving is the only option. Now the weather between here and there is getting really bad so it may not happen. This is the kind of thing I'd tie one on over. Nope, not now! Just going to bloom where I'm planted, if we can't get there. Not worth ending up in a snow drift or worse!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, wish I could send you some cookies. I can though, share the time honoured family recipe. It’s the one on the Chipits package! The only thing I do differently is firmly pack the brown sugar. I was stunned when I asked my Mom for her chocolate chip cookie recipe years ago to find it was the one on the package. I’ve enjoyed these cookies since I was a kid!

Great quote today Ginger. It’s about how we show up isn’t it.

Found out last night that my BIL has been hospitalized after a suspected stroke. Fortunately he received medical treatment quickly but a reminder to everyone, learn the 4 steps of FAST, you could save someone’s life.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thursday quote...

Comment

Thanks for another inspiring quote, Ginger. We don't often look at ourselves in that way and we definitely should. Yay for Mr. G999 stepping up and driving! That will make your holiday trip so much nicer.

QW, loved your story about the cookie recipe. It turns out we have both learned the same secret from our mothers! And I just took a moment to look up Chipits. The cookie recipe is online so I compared it to my Nestle's Toll House cookie recipe and it was nearly identical! Only difference is mine calls for 3/4 cups brown sugar, 3/4 cup granulated. So, no need to send me the cookies now. I just happen to have the ingredients available and can make a batch myself!

Here's hoping for another 24 hours of freedom for all of us here!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sounds like all this cookie talk makes me want to make more. I already ate what I made for the holidays. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS THanks for the great quote Ginger. It reminds us that quitting is admirable and we can set an example for others! It can be done. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-12C (10F) this morning. Glad I did the outside work I had to do yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

10°F and still snowing. Brrr..

Love the quote Ginger!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

On the road! Twelve hours until our stop for the night. Tomorrow will be eight hours. It's worth it to see my babies.

Comment

Safe travels Ginger! 5:48 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was wondering why you weren’t just going home for the holidays, Ginger! But, now I see from what you wrote that there are some challenges to it. I’m glad you can go! Hope it ends up being a smooth trip home for you.

The quote is an angle to this that I don’t often think about; that we are actually modeling the sober life to others! Thanks for the reminder.

Cold and sunny here, although not as cold as some of you are having. Below the freezing point though. It’s as good a day as any to get knocked out & cut open. 24 more hours AF please: Fentanyl in the anesthetic mix and lots of IV opioids post-op ought to do it for me today!
                            Last edited by Slo; December 19, 2019, 09:36 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, look forward to hearing that everything went well and that you’re recovering from the surgery.

Ginger, safe travels! That’s a lot of driving but well worth the trip.

My son arrives in Calgary this evening after a short stay in Vancouver. He was able to see our family there, something that was important to him.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please! +1C in Calgary.
                                Grateful to be sober and wake up Un Hung
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X