No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go into Edmonton tomorrow to pick up material, so I figured I might as well drive over to Vegreville and spend the afternoon/evening/night with Bubba and Hank. Not only do I get to spend some time with them, but I’m also halfway to the city!

Good luck on the surgery [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Let us know how things went as soon as you’re able to!

Safe drive home [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hopefully the weather cooperates and you’ll have smooth sailing throughout the trip!

Nice to see families getting together for Christmas, either by travelling or by hosting! Are all your kids going to be home for Christmas [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]?

How soon after the holidays are you headed back south [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? I’ll bet you can’t wait to get back to your second home!

Any Christmas plans [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]? Not sure how my Christmas will turn out. The kids will be home, so I hope Bubba can get away to spend some time with them.

We are indeed role models for sobriety, and there comes some responsibility with that. Some days it’s hard to portray that sobriety is the greatest gift we can give ourselves. Let’s face it, we all have our bad days and we can act like a "dry drunk” from time to time. But that in itself gives a true portrayal to what sobriety is all about, there will be bad days, but they will be greatly outnumbered by the good days.

I’m always questioned about why I don’t drink, and I also get a lot of congrats and well-dones from the people who knew me as a drinker. For those who ask questions, I tell them the cold hard truth as to what alcohol turned me into. And the ones that aren’t sure they have a drinking problem and go on to explain to me how much they do or don’t drink, I give them the challenges we all faced; try going one month without drinking, a 30 day challenge, can you go one month without drinking. And if that seems next to impossible, then go 30 days without having more than 2 drinks in any situation. You’ll soon find your answer on your own.

Am I a good role model for sobriety? I like to think most of the time I am, but there are days that the "dry drunk" comes out. That tells me that I’m still a work in progress, but my sobriety will always come first above anything else. I hope that being honest about sobriety is just as inspiring as the days spent alcohol free…
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 20, 2019, 07:58 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We are all a work in progress, ABC. :>)

Friday quote after 15 hours on the road....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, HAHA. Love this one. Safe travels for the next few days as you travel to see your loved ones. Slo, thinking of you and hope you recover quickly! Cowboy, we leave the day after Christmas for the long ride. We will be like Ginger and take it in 2 days. Its about an 18 hour drive. We are all packed and ready to roll. Just got to get thru the next few days! Hope everyone has a great and sober Friday. Fridays used to be my hardest days to stay sober, now luckily, its just another day! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Slo...Hope that the surgery went well, and that you recover quickly!

Safe travels Ginger....so glad that you can make it home for Christmas! Mr. J and I plan on spending a quiet Christmas at home this year. Neither of us feels like turkey, so we're going to throw a couple of steaks on the grill. Yum!

Hope that everyone has a great AF Friday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Slo, hope you feel ok this morning. Let us know when you can.

Hitting the road shortly.

Last edited by Ginger999; December 20, 2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I had my knee surgery late afternoon/early evening yesterday, and it went well! Turns out the nurse misspoke about full general anesthesia, and it was just the usual twilight sleep on top of a block. And he just replaced the plastic parts with thicker, more cupped ones to hopefully constrain the stretched out, torn ligament; the metal parts that go into & onto the bones were left alone -so should be much shorter recovery!

Have you been able to gently ride Homer any more, Jude, or does the snow & cold get in the way? I guess a lot of muscles get used for horseback riding!

How is your BIL doing, QW? Was it actually a stroke?

Have to go: nurse and breakfast tray both just arrived.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:55am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) on a cloudy morning. Snow in the forecast for this afternoon on through till tomorrow night. Looks like I'll have a date with the snow shovel again!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you sounding so chipper [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! I take it the surgery was a resounding success! How long in the hospital, or do they boot you out today? lol

Comment

Yay Slo! Sounds like it went smoothly wishing you a quick recovery and hope you're not in too much pain, Cowboy, yes the kids will all be here 5:41 am in Vegas another 24!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My son arrived last evening, so great to see him! His brother, SIL, nephew & niece were at the airport to greet him too. He was thrilled at the reception!

This evening we’re going into the city to skate with Santa. The grandkids are looking forward to it. Sadly it’s been a few years since I skated, could be interesting to say the least.

Slo, glad your procedure wasn’t as invasive as thought and to avoid a general anesthetic is a bonus. Thanks for asking about my BIL. Still no definitive diagnosis but more tests are being done. He was mobile for a while yesterday with the aid of a walker for stability. His hearing loss is still at 100% though.

Just brewed a full pot of coffee and waiting for my son to get up. He’s adjusting well to the 18 hour time differential, much better than I did after coming home from Melbourne in August.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Fun reading everyone's news today!

Slo, I'm really glad your surgery went so well and that your recovery time should be less than what you thought!

Cowboy, we are having our Christmas here with my son and his two kids. They will open their gifts from Santa in the morning and then head over here for their gifts from Nana and Pop Pop and a dinner of ham, sweet potatoes green beans and home made rolls (thank you bread machine!). I'll have snacks and treats as well. I just know the day will be too short! Usually our daughter comes for a visit after New Year's but this year, we are changing it up and heading down to see her!

Today we will be travelling a short distance to meet Mr. D's brother, SIL and sister for dinner. It's been a hard year health wise for both my SILs so it will be nice to get a chance to be together.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Slo, great news! Get well quick.

Comment

Saturday quote....

Comment

Good Morning and great quote Ginger! Truth in that for sure. Slo, so glad your recovery will be shorter. Hope you are back to your normal self soon! Sounds like everyone will be busy with family this season. I am one of those people that have depression during the holidays. I am working on keeping it in check this season. Concentrating on leaving for warmer weather. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-9C (16F) this morning, no snow yet!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X