~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

O. j Simpson? Anyhoo 5:54 am in Vegas another 24,Slo glad you got the Staples out and were able to drive yes! QW, great to hear the meeting was good and Australia needs all the help it can get, that's fabulous Canada has sent helpers
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pouring rain and 40°F.......yuck!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I read your post and thought what a perfect way to describe pouring rain and 40F - Fyuck!!

Has anyone else noticed that the TV ads we were sick of, the ones that were replaced by holiday shopping ads that we got sick of, have returned and seem to be louder? It’s illegal in Canada for ads to be louder than the program being shown but like so many things, there’s no enforcement.

My Calgary family is coming tomorrow for a visit. My cake day is tomorrow, my DIL’s Tuesday so we usually have a joint celebration. Looking forward to having the grandkids here!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
            And I’m sure that constant pressure contributed to my drinking. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting out of an environment that demanded more every day, what you did yesterday didn’t count. There’s a reason Scott Adams writes Dilbert! QW
            There certainly is a reason why Scott Adams writes Dilbert! -to point out the insanity. I remember a SIL taking a sales job with a newspaper where every day you improved how many you sold, then that became your new target that you were never allowed to fall below again. Insane! And the constant defeat, criticism, & stress in these jobs does lead to ill health and escalates drinking.

Cool that the firefighters from Canada & Australia are helping each other out, even though so far away.

Did you get your end-of-year paperwork handled, Cowboy?

Another quiet day for me here. Well, it can’t be much more, since I have to stop to ice & elevate & put pain/inflammation gel on frequently, and do my PT exercises. Today will begin “making Christmas go away”: I will get the ornaments off the tree.

Another 24 hours please & thank you!
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We had lots of rain and wind yesterday. Cold today but for Florida I will take it because I know it wont last and it’s not gonna snow! Hope everyone has a great Sunday. No alcohol for me. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

28°F with light snow this morning.

Asking for another sober day please and thank you very much!

Comment

Where are you Mr. V?????

Comment

As we all know, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] is spending time in New Orleans on a mini-vacation so she asked me to post this quote for her today. She'll be back tomorrow with lots of stories to tell us I hope!

"When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future." - Bernard Meltzer

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-9C (16F) this morning and still none of the snow they've been forecasting which is just fine by me lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get some breakfast out...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've had the benefit of being able to ponder the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] chose for the day, and I'm actually quite amazed at what I've found and really should consider myself a lucky fellow indeed! I can only think of one or two people that I should forgive for doing me wrong over the past years, and I've forgiven both of them at least in my mind and heart. I have no grudges against anyone riding along with me anymore. Now, as to the amount of people I need to ask forgiveness from? Well, that's a different story lol. I do think I've made amends with just about everyone I needed to, and one of the treasures of sobriety is not having to add anymore names to that list!

I've also been wondering about [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I looked back and see it's almost a month since he's posted, sure hope he's okay!

I'm off to Vegreville this afternoon for an evening/night with Bubba and Hank, looking forward to seeing both of them again!!

Comment

6:13 am in Vegas another 24 forgiveness yes but letting some people back into my life no, there's been a few I needed to forgive for my own sanity but still keep them at arm's length if that makes any sense haha, hope everyone has a great AF day, feeling better Ginger? I feel like I've been sick off/on since October, thesame creepy, little cold that comes goes comes again!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Still fighting the crud. Feel too crappy to do much. I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great looking brekkie Cowboy, thanks!

I’m looking forward to the family visiting this afternoon, might take the grandkids skating.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 11:36 in Calgary.

Nice to be Un Hung on a Sunday morning
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X