~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy birthday, QW!! It sounds like a fun & pleasant day that you have planned for today! My cake day is Tuesday like your DIL’s.

Are you needing antibiotics, Ginger? Sounds miserable.

I like Dill’s quote; so true! And it makes perfect sense to need to keep some at arm’s length, Pauly.

1:36p in Wisconsin; another 24 please.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

QW!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy birthday QW! ��
        Feel better Ginger!

Snowing here in NY. Fresh snow on the ground always makes the landscape look so fresh and clean!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Birthday QW. Ginger, hope your crud is better or you are on antibiotics by now? Thanks for yesterdays breakfast Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great Monday. It’s still weird to me that I am retired. I think I’m starting to like it. :welldone: another 24 for me please!

Comment

Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember.
            We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.
            ~Lewis B. Smedes

We didn't get in until about 2am this morning so I'm feeling a bit jet lagged today! But the trip was wonderful and I'm so glad we went! We visited the River Walk, and we went to the Audubon Aquarium. We spent a day at City Park, had beiniets and café au lait at Café du Monde, played some very rousing hands of Uno, Ate shrimp and oysters at Jack Dempsey's restaurant and just had an all around great visit! It's good to be back home tho and finally we can get back to a routine. But what a great start to 2020 for our little family!

24 more, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; January 6, 2020, 11:03 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning y’all! I forgot my “technology bag” in Vermilion yesterday, so I’m trying to post from my phone here in Vegreville! Kudos to you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] for mastering that art! I’ll do my regular morning post and roll call when I get back to Vermilion later this morning...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I totally missed it was your birthday QW, a belated Happy birthday from me, sounds like you had a nice day Ginger, is it a cold or these dumb desert allergies? Hard for me to tell the difference especially when allergy meds don't work yet neither does cold medicine:sad: wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a great birthday yesterday, my Calgary family was here, had phone calls from family and friends all across Canada and no al! I did venture into a liquor store to buy wine for my DIL, 2 miniature bottles, 1 red, 1 white. First time in over 10 months I’d been in the store. Zero temptation. My DIL drank the white and took home the red.

Rava, so glad you’re getting into the retirement routine. As I’ve commented several times, it’s the best job ever!

Have a great af Monday everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's a great quote and so true, Dill. Glad your trip was awesome.

Happy belated birthday, QW! Sounds like it was a great day.

ABC, I only use my phone to check in. That's why I don't say much. Can't go back and reread while posting and everything is so small. Lol I wish they had a better phone app.

Thanks for all your concern. Good question, Pauly. Feeling better this morning. Still having bouts of crazy coughing but feel better overall. No antibiotics. I'm hoping to get away without them, if possible.

70°f here today. That's why we come!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

There, back at home on my Acer Flip instead of my iPhone!

10:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning, a little wind, and all the snow we had in the forecast has been pushed to Tuesday/Wednesday...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

I best get my butt out the door to work. I'll stop back in tonight!

Comment

I love the look of a fresh snowfall too, Jude.
                        Yes, thanks for breakfast yesterday, Cowboy, and especially the pancake!
                        That’s great that the whole family went to NO together, Dill!

I like the quote as I’m finding this to be true; that old memories from a bitter past can’t be erased, they can only be remembered in a new way.

I’ll be around drinking tonight, so need 24 hours AF please!
                        Last edited by Slo; January 6, 2020, 12:08 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Evening folks! Back home to a quiet house. I did get my paperwork done [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and the house will only be quiet for a few nights as Bubba and Hank are coming home Thursday as Bubba has to work at the Health Unit on Friday, then she'll be getting everything ready to take to the accountant. Yep, it's tax time already again...

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Memories can be changed from negative to positive just by adding a bit of gratitude! And so glad that your vacation was as enjoyable as it sounded!

Great to hear that your birthday turned out well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I'm just happy I'm still having birthdays lol.

Well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you and [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] are in a league of your own then. I can't type worth a darn and need the fully qwerty keyboard to edit all my mistakes lol.
                          Last edited by abcowboy; January 7, 2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Humbly asking for another 24 hours!

Comment

“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” — Willie Nelson

24 more, please and thank you.

Happy belated Birthday, QW!
                              Last edited by dill; January 7, 2020, 06:10 AM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe, Sounds like you had a great trip Dill. Spending time with family is the best. QW glad your birthday was good! I like Cowboy, am glad I’m still having them. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X