~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please, 7:38am in yyc. Sunny day today, yay!!

I told my kids when they turned 16 that they had to do their own laundry and they have done it ever since. I didn't want them to leave home and not know how to do their laundry! I started doing mine when I was 12 because my Grandma bleached everything and would turn all my pretty coloured clothes Grey. She thought the bleach would make them cleaner!:happy2:

Have a good one.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was sunny and 12C when we walked at 6:30 this morning. Jessie went into full stalking mode again this morning when she spotted gophers.

I had a great time photographing birds yesterday and while none were worthy of publication, they proved that I know enough to use manual settings.

A busy day here with lots of chores so best be getting to it. Thanks for the QD reminder Cowboy. I emptied my inbox so will be good for a bit.

Great quote Rava. I recall the first time I spoke those words. It felt great!

Have a wonderful af day everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

. Hope no one is offended by this one. I for one stew on too much stuff and simply have to let it go. Laundry when my kids were teens is one of them! LOL. Sometimes making a mountain out of a molehill would give me the excuse to drink. Then all the guilt and shame follow the next day. I’m so glad to be done with that lifestyle. As I get older and wiser I am learning to just let shit go. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

6:00am in Vegreville, Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No offense taken [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it took me a long time to understand that it was okay to "let shit go". It's easier to let it go rather than drag it along with you...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep letting shit go instead of dwelling about it has helped me many times, try to think can I change it? No. Does
                it effect me? No. Alright let it go, shut your mind up lady haha! I'm terrible for ruminating, Brady's (my 22 year old baby) friend tested positive for the c-vid! Luckily he's young but that's the first person I've known to get it, they've traced it back to his sister's boss, when I told my girls they were so scared and I said it's not a death sentence he'll be fine, just creepy that this virus keeps on keeping on, 5:45 am in Vegas another 24
                Last edited by paulywogg; June 12, 2020, 07:46 AM.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Shoot, Pauly. It does feel like this will never end.

Rava, I really need to learn to let shit go. That's always been a problem with me. Let it go, take it back. 😦

I got a late night call from my 88 yo aunt's assisted living place last night. They've been in lockdown, meaning no visitors, since March 25. She is so depressed and keeps trying to escape and being verbally abusive to the workers. We think we have it tough. At least we are able to leave our homes. I tried to calm her down but I'm sure it won't last long. Please let this be over soon!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I spent yesterday traveling with my twin sister to a neighboring state to visit our long lost uncle -the “black sheep” of the family who was rejected by Grandma, and who now chooses to stay out of contact with his siblings.
                    Same as how our mother rejected our brother (“You’re going to be just like your Uncle Mickey!”), and he is now dead. I can’t bring my brother back, but I can reach out to the other family members who were outcast in this vicious, back-biting family. He’s our youngest uncle; just turned 64.
                    And I found that I have a sober buddy!! My uncle will be celebrating 9 years of sobriety from alcohol this month! I did not know that he struggled with alcoholism. As he didn’t know that about me. So we high-fived over our upcoming 9 and 2-year milestones!
                    It was a wonderful visit. And then we wrapped up the day by visiting with other relatives in that town, over dinner at our aunt’s house, before heading home. Interesting that Aunt doesn’t know that I’m alcoholic & AF, and offered me many types of booze drinks. Well, I don’t advertise it, but I don’t hide it either.

I do have daughter do her own laundry during Summer vacation over the last few years -and hey, Summer vacation just started! And this year she can increase her responsibilities, commensurate with her advancing age, to include washing her own bedding too! That was on my list-of-things-to-do today, but not anymore! Thanks for your input.

Another AF day, please.
                    Last edited by Slo; June 12, 2020, 06:57 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was an earlier than usual start to the day thanks to birds chirping and a dog who wanted to go for a walk. We left the house before 6 and were home by 7. Sunny, hot and humid with a heat advisory in effect for our area.

We saw 3 rabbits and about 50 gophers this morning. Now Jessie is asleep and from the paw twitches, believe she’s dreaming about herding them.

Our 3 boys all do their own laundry and look after themselves well. Our son with the unwrapped cheese slice in his sandwich became a chef de cuisine. He’s a freak about cleanliness and food preparation safety. I would never have believed that possible from his teen years!

Let Shit Go! Wish I’d figured that out long before I did. Great quote Rava!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; June 12, 2020, 09:29 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

another 24 please, 10:15 in yyc.. I am sitting on the deck in the sun, drinking my coffee. So nice.

It’s going to +27C today, yay!
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Gorgeous day here today with sunshine and low humidity. Love it!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

48 °F this morning, and a tad chilly for the porch!

No offense taken Rava! Learning to let shit go is an ongoing process for me.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

. Thought this was an interesting quote. Our circumstances might be different but we are all warriors and working together to better our lives. Lots of bumps in the road but we are here working on our sobriety each day. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours, of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; June 13, 2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X