• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Congrats on a year of sobriety QW! :victorious:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

So true, Dill. Some bridges need to be burned.

I take my sisters to the airport at 3p today. So hard to see them go. It's only one month until we head home! Time is passing way too fast these days. Happy to be doing it sober!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-3C (26F) this morning, love having the warmer temps!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], some bridges need burning!

I'll bet you're feeling a bit stiff and sore this morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Thankfully no broken bones or anything else.

Big waves to all!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations, QW, on making one entire year sober! That is a huge new accomplishment!

The tainted alcohol in Mexico is/was definitely a thing; sickening and even killing some tourists a couple years ago. So it’s moved on to Costa Rica now eh.

Thank you for reminding us that we can change our ending, Dill; even if we did spiral down into alcohol addiction. While visiting with relatives a couple weekends ago, I found out that my same-age cousin is doing very poorly with her alcoholism; passing out a lot, etc. The four posh “rehab” facilities that she had long stays at didn’t work apparently. Her 14-year-old daughter is starting to hang with a bad crowd. I’m so thankful that my fall into alcoholism wasn’t as deep nor as long-standing, and I was able to finally claw my way out and change my ending.

Asking for 24 more hours today please!
            Last edited by Slo; February 27, 2020, 08:59 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the 1st anniversary congrats Cafe! I wasn’t concerned about being on vacation and drinking this year, even with our moderate drinking friends being there. Maybe the missing piece is that I like me better without alcohol.

Dill, great quote. Sometimes burning bridges is necessary even if only to make you feel better! Prior to leaving a job where my boss was the worst ever, he questioned my integrity. I was told there wouldn’t be an exit interview but I made sure I had one anyway. I told those in attendance that I wouldn’t have my integrity questioned by someone who was morally bankrupt. This boss had cheated on 2 wives having several affairs and was actively chasing women in the office. He lied to clients, his bosses and co-workers and created the most toxic work environment I ever saw. Even though I knew it would have little impact on anything, I sure felt better clearing the air and leaving, my head held high.

Off to start Year 2 af today.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please at 9:34 in Calgary.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy Friday cafe!

Still pretty sore, but at least I'm alive and sober!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

My trust in a higher power that wants me to survive and have love in my life,
                    is what keeps me moving forward.
                    ~Kenny Loggins~

In searching this morning for a quote I came across a couple from Kenny Loggiins. I was a big fan many years ago. I lost track of him tho so when I came across this quote it made me wonder what had happened. It sounds as if he had some kind of recovery he was going thru. But this was such a good interpretation of a "higher power". AA advocates believing in a higher power. I know it is a stumbling block for some, but by Kenny Loggins definition it is a saving grace.

Glad you are getting better Jude. Next time you ride you might try using a Velcro saddle and riding pants!

So nice you had your sisters to enjoy Ginger. Time to return to your regular routine now.

24 more for all of us here. Enjoy year two, QW! Your missing piece makes sense to me. It's just so great you came to that understanding.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Friday and another great quote Dill. Thank you for that! Jude, glad you are ok. Maybe you need one of those inflatable riding vests I have seen people wear? Our good neighbors back home came to Florida for a visit and ended up buying a condo in the building next to ours. I’m pretty excited to say the least. Ginger, I’m sure you will miss your sisters. QW on to year 2 for you! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks. PS watching the news on the Corona virus. I don’t honestly know if it’s hype or we should be super worried? Yikes!!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-2C (28F) this morning with snow in the forecast for today and tomorrow. Hopefully it'll hold off until I get to Vegreville, but in all honesty, not even a good old prairie blizzard would stop me lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; February 28, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Great quote from Kenny this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I had no idea that he battled his own demons. Ad soon as I read it, I immediately thought of "Top Gun" and "Footloose", two classics that are in the list of my all-time favourites!

Comment

Comment

Love Footloose! 5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, how cool that your neighbors back home bought a place too!

Sure am missing my sister's this morning. Wish they could buy a place down here! Suppose to be 78° here today. Spring time in AZ. 😎

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X