~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So true cowboy. I can see the shortage of cleaning supplies but toilet paper?

Thankfully for me my mom got adopted for Christmas at work (I live at home to help pay bills) and we got a year worth of toilet paper. So we are good.

Day 6 almost done and sober. Friday nights tend to not be as hard (although can be at times) because I would rarely drink due to work. Tomorrow night was going to be my normal drinking night. The karaoke host is supporting my quit and that makes me feel stronger to not drink at the place. Course I will wait a couple of months before I do sober karaoke. I want to ensure that I am strong enough to not drink.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I’m slowly becoming the person I should’ve been a long time ago.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong in being a work in progress. In fact, for those of us who are kicking the beast to the curb, the best is yet to come.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We all are a work in progress. We just need to aim for a better and sober life.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I'm up tomorrow, and you're a tough act to follow!

I wasn't too worried about the Corona virus until everything started to shut down. I'm seriously concerned about the future of the economy.

LOL [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I needed a good laugh this morning!

Another 24 please and thank you!
          Last edited by Jude58; March 14, 2020, 05:14 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-19C (-1F) in Veg this morning with a light dusting of snow...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the laugh Cowboy!!! Made my morning. Hope everyone has a great day. Going to stay away from the news and just stay calm. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please.. My view from yesterday just wanted to share.

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Thanks! Yes, far better to be a work in progress instead of working on getting drunk!

Good decision on staying away from karaoke night until you're stronger in your quit [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], and nice that the manager supports your quit!

Lots of shutdowns happening all over the world, and that's starting to get just as scary as the virus itself! Bubba got a call from the Lodge yesterday, they are on lockdown now as well. No one is allowed in for visiting, and the residents are being encouraged not to go anywhere unless it's a medical emergency. If her mom and dad need anything, she has to just drop it off in the front entry and the staff will take care of the sanitizing and delivery. Who knows where all this will end...

X-post [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], beautiful view!
                Last edited by abcowboy; March 14, 2020, 07:14 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 daughter went to the store yesterday and they have a sanitation station right at the front before you can go in, it freaked her out how close to home this is but I just told her not to worry too much cuz at least they're being cautious, people were up in arms cuz the government didn't do anything quicker yet now they're up in arms cuz the government is taking some action, can't win I guess
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for sharing the photo Rava, I can hear the waves lapping up on the shore. I’d post a pic from here but it’s too depressing! Remember Cowboy’s pic of the snow? That’s what it’s like here. And cold, current windchill is -32. It’ll be another treadmill day today.

I shopped for groceries yesterday and was amazed at how busy the store was and seeing something we’re not used to, empty shelves for items like Lysol and toilet paper. Come on people!! I read that someone who bought a ton of toilet paper, realized there is no shortage, and tried to return it. The store refused to take it back.
                    There was a story in the news about a couple who bought up all the cleaning supplies they could find and then sold them at greatly inflated prices on Amazon. They even bragged in the media about how much money they were making. A six pack of Lysol wipes that they bought for $20 was resold for $89. Amazon shut down their account stating that they weren’t going to be part of gouging the public in an emergency. There are laws in Canada to deal with profiteering and I hope Canada Revenue audits them.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; March 14, 2020, 09:31 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

Great week of quotes, QW.

All the schools in our home state of WA closed starting Tuesday. Along with the nursing homes. Crazy! This separation tactic should help slow the spread. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

24 more please and thank you. Have a good and relaxing weekend everyone. Limit the TV viewing time! It causes more stress than anything else!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The list of cancellations keeps growing thanks to Covid-19.

We had been asked by our son and d-i-l to look after our grandson next Friday and while Mrs QW thought it would be great to have him - and it would - I was reluctant because of Mrs QW’s compromised immune system. Our d-i-l‘s company has suspended operations for the next 2 weeks and we are no longer needed to look after our grandson. We love to have him come for a visit but we’ll have to wait until this pandemic passes.

Stay well everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

It's cake day in the Café for a belly button birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday Ginger!

Once again, Cowboy’s skill in the kitchen is amazing!!!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Birthday Ginger!

Sober birthdays are more fun then drunk ones and you tend to remember them more because your sober and not making a fool out of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X