~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit late, but breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes last week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And a great one to start your week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Sometimes sobriety seems to sentence us to a life of being different, but it is a good different!

My Doc is one of those no-nonsense, no chit-chat kind of guy as well. He tells it like it is straight up, and that's what I want from a doctor!

Bubba and I shoveled a lot of heavy, wet snow yesterday, and I have more to look forward to when I get home today. I have to go around to the farm first to pick up some material that I need for my job this week, hopefully the 80kph (50mph) winds yesterday didn't blow heavy drifts across the lane!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy March everyone! Headed home in 28 days and I'm ready. The weather back home has been warm and dry so it makes me anxious to get back to the new house. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankful.

Had a busy day yesterday getting a lot of things crossed off the honey-do list while Mrs QW had a visit with the grandkids. The clothes we bought for the grandkids in Mexico fit perfectly and I’m guessing that their nice parents are enjoying a cup of Mexican coffee as I write this.
          As men know, scoring brownie points is always a good thing so when Mrs QW got home, there was a roast beef dinner on the table.

I hope that March comes in like a lion and goes out as a lamb. It hasn’t been a particularly bad winter weather wise but I’m looking forward to putting shovels away and getting the lawnmower out.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This quote describes me perfectly! While out to lunch, the woman encouraged me to get a drink (not knowing my history). I just said simply, that I can’t stop at one so its much easier not to drink at all. Its funny how being so honest catches people off guard. She immediately said that sometimes that happens to her as well. End of discussion. I’m sick of being an asshole. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-1C (31F) this morning in Vermilion, with more snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Well, that one made me chuckle Rava. Thanks! I think the magic of alcohol is that it creates a different result in different people. So Asshole could be: fool, idiot, loudmouth, knucklehead, etc.

Good job racking up the points, QW!

Thanks for that great breakfast, Cowboy. You must've worked up an appetite with all that snow shoveling!

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I know a lot of people that turn into assholes when they drink!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Yep, your quote describes me as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Maybe not instant, but after one too many, that's what I turned into! I'm like you as well when I explain why I don't drink, honesty is the best policy!

Good luck with the surgery this morning [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], hope all goes well!

Shoveled snow for about an hour and a half when I got home yesterday, not as much this morning to shovel thankfully!

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I heard a bird chirping this morning! Spring must be coming!

Was up at early yesterday to go volunteer at a swim meet, then we headed up to see baby grandson, since we were already headed that direction!

Thanks for the Netflix documentary recommendation about the opioid epidemic, Dill! I would definitely like to see that one.

“Recovery is not a death sentence, addiction is.” This will make a good mantra to keep in my head when I start wrongly thinking the other way. I can just correct my thinking on the spot with this one. Thank you.

Thanks also, Rava, for a real life example of how to deflect having a drink pushed on you; and that sometimes it’s ok to just be honest! And how to do it, casually and nonchalantly.

Thinking of you today, QW.

Today, a Monday, will be an easy day for me not to drink!
                        Last edited by Slo; March 2, 2020, 08:44 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

True quote, Rava. Not sure I was ever an asshole but I sure was an idiot often enough!

Thinking about you today, QW. Hope all goes well with your surgery and hoping it resolves the pain.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes about my surgery today. I’m nervous but also looking forward to having less pain.

Love the quote! I know people like this. Actually I worked for a few in my banking career including one manager who would go home for a drink mid-morning, drink at lunch, and go home for a mid-afternoon drink. I learned that if I needed anything from him to ask early in the morning. By days end he was unbearable and both staff and customers avoided him.

Jessie and I saw a flock of geese the other day, a sure sign of spring.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope that your surgery went well yesterday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Life certainly is better without the pressure of drinking. Of course this quote came from Carrie Fisher, who never seemed to break away from her addiction. Sad..... QW, I hope your surgery went well. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                                Last edited by Rava; March 3, 2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X