~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I love that quote, Rava! I think it would be better without the word slowly tho...

Thinking of you QW.

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-2C (28F) in Alberta, more snow on the way today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another good one, Rava. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:00 in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Still groggy after yesterday’s procedure. Lots of rest and caffeine prescribed for the next few days. Think I can handle it.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good to hear from you, QW, and know that you are out the other side and on the mend now!

It’s snowing outside! So beautiful. But I sure wouldn’t want to shovel it for an hour and a half! Do you have a snow blower, Cowboy?

What a powerful quote today. It sure applies to detoxing.

I’m surprised at how common drinking during the workday used to be! You sure went through it with that bad boss, QW. And I liked your decision to speak up for yourself and your integrity and what was right at the exit interview, and just burn the bridge instead of keeping quiet.

I’m on my way to go stay with Beckett boy and D1 for a couple few days! Son-in-law is out of town for work.

Looking forward to snuggling a baby instead of drinking!
              Last edited by Slo; March 3, 2020, 11:54 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please at 10:21 in YYC, sunny and going up to +8 today.

Glad you are doing well QW, that was interesting about your old boss.
                Slo, snuggling with a baby instead of drinking sounds awesome.

Love the quote Rava, it is still so sad about Carrie Fisher, I am glad that that will not be happening to us. A slow death from Alcohol.

have a good one today.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Great quote yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Drinking for us sure was hell, and the faster that we can back away
                  from it, the better!I

QW...glad that your surgery went well yesterday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

This quote is so true. No hangovers is one of the huge perks of not drinking. The older I get, the harder it becomes to feel great in any situation. A hangover now would probably take a few days to recover. No thanks. Another 24 for me please and thank you! QW glad you stopped by!

Comment

Another good quote, Rava. You're on a roll!

How are you feeling today QW?

Enjoy your time with Beckett and your daughter Slo!

24 please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 hours, please, and thanks...

0C (32F) this morning. We've managed to escape the snow so far!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Ginger999 [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't miss the hangovers either! Feeling hot and flushed, dry mouth, foggy head! I wonder why we kept subjecting ourselves to them!

How long till you're back to normal [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Well, even better than normal as you won't have the constant pain anymore!

We do have a snowblower [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but it doesn't do that great of a job, still have to use the shovel to get that 1/4' that the blower leaves behind. If we get more than 8", I usually use it first as that's just too much to shovel and my back and hip sure let me know lol.

Comment

QW, glad everything went smoothly, I didn't even know you were having surgery? Glad you're feeling ok Slo, how wonderful to be spending time with the new baby, I know sometimes even on a bad day seeing my daughters boys light me up! Waves to all and wishes for a happy AF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote! Hangovers, ugh. ☹ Self induced illness is quite crazy and I'm glad that's behind me.

Slo, hope you're enjoying that baby! I'm with Pauly, my gkids can turn around a bad day in a snap.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Feeling better today and thankful that my recovery isn’t hindered by alcohol. Back to see the doc on Monday for a check up. I might even get out for a short walk later today. Jessie hasn’t left my side since I got home.

I bet nobody here misses hangovers! When I think back to the stupid things I used to do when drinking, knowing there was going to be a hangover and drinking more anyway was one of the stupidest.

Holding a baby grandchild is the absolute best, watching them grow is so rewarding and having them run to you, arms open for a hug when they see you is something everyone should experience. And being af makes it even better.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X