Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please at 10:43 in Calgary.

I used to have the worst Hangovers! ugh.

Have a good one.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I sure don't miss those hangovers! Think about all of that time we wasted being sick from over indulging!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Even though it has taken several times, stopping this nonsense has been the best experience! We can all agree that life is so much better without the booze. QW I hope you continue to recover quickly! Today is our first time for overnight guests in our tiny condo. We will see how this goes. Luckily they are only staying 1 night. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) in Vermilion, a few days of cooler weather, then warming up again :thumbsup:

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A good quote for me this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], one I needed to see to remind me why I quit in the first place! I'm not going to lie, there are days when I think this sobriety stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. Bubba and Hank have been home since Monday afternoon, she had to work a few days at the Health Unit this week, and she's headed back to Veg either after work today or tomorrow morning. It's been great!!

I almost decided that it was time for this cowboy to ride off into the sunset, not spend as much time here or the other forums that I go to. Then I remembered that saying "relapse begins long before the first drink is taken" and wondered if maybe that was the road I was headed down.... I spend so much time alone that it would be easy to drink in the evenings, but then it wouldn't be long before I was drinking during the day and evenings! I need to remember where I've been and how far I've come and it's my sober friends here who have helped me become the man I am today! So, no riding off into the sunset for me! I'm sticking with the people who have helped me get this far in my journey...
            Last edited by abcowboy; March 5, 2020, 08:15 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There's been times I've wanted to leave too Cowboy, the lack of new activity here, missing my Steppers thread, etc but no, no I have used mwo as my touchstone for too long and just don't dare mess with a good thing! Maybe it's superstitious or just habit but I think if I left I might mess up and I don't want that happening, besides there's still support and lovely people here still, 5:46 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nobody goes any where, says the person that did! That saying, "that relapse happens long before that first drink", is exactly what happened to me when I wandered off. I was fine for a long time until I wasn't!

Rava, enjoy your company in your condo. Maybe these friends will buy one too after they stay with you.

Had a lovely hike yesterday and taking an ATV ride in the desert today with friends here. I'm not a big fan of ATVs but I really like this couple so I'll take one for the team. 😎

24 days and we are headed home! Winter has flown by. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie and I had an enjoyable walk yesterday afternoon in sunny but windy weather. Nice to see the snow disappearing.

Cowboy, I bet everyone here has thought about leaving MWO for various reasons. The comment about relapse beginning long before the first sip is taken is one I think about often. If I listen to my alcoholic brain, the beast wins and I lose. And so do a lot of people close to me because I’ll be back to my old self. I don’t like my old self!

Our TV and internet contract expires soon so arrangements are underway to switch providers. Our current supplier wants us to pay about $100 a month more because the deal they “gave” us 2 years ago was very good. Um, lets not kid ourselves, the service is worth what we’ve been paying. I was born at night but it wasn’t last night!

Off to see my chiropractor this morning, must remember No Neck Adjustment!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I think we all toy with the idea of leaving from time to time. Perhaps one day we will. But I know I'm not ready yet. One reason I think about it is because after all this time some days I just don't feel like I have anything much to contribute. But I still need to check in and to know my friends are here and know the struggle. It is much easier now, but still an effort. Safety in numbers. :love:

24 more please.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We are all choosing to live a new and better life. It’s not always easy but sure is a lot better than where we all came from. So glad we have such a supportive group here. I have never heard that saying about relapse occurring long before you take the first drink. Thinking back to my multiple relapses, this makes perfect sense. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I too, have thought about leaving, and sometimes there are just days that I don't have much to say. On the flip side, I think of all of you good folks as friends. The cafe is my only source of support, and I would truly miss that if I left. I do wish that there were more new members joining this forum, if only for a bit of variety. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..are the other sites that you're a member of quiet as well? I still remember the panic that I felt when I thought that this site was gone for good. Something to keep in mind I guess.

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

I see the daffodils heading up out there and the tulips as well. It won't be long before the crocuses open up too. Early this morning before the dawn I heard a sparrow just outside my window nestled deep inside a boxwood that seemed to wake with a start. It chirped loudly, just once, and then fell silent. "Too soon", I guess was its thinking. It must have been dreaming of spring, just like the rest of us!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-6C (21F) this morning with 2 days of snow headed our way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It is definitely a better life [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! One I shouldn't take for granted and be more grateful for!

I would miss all of you as well, so I'm not going anywhere. The other forums are quiet as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], maybe it's just the time of year...

Comment

Another good quote! I wish I had sage advice and wisdom to share each and every day but I'm just not wired that way. So on that note.... I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X