~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great job on staying the course on your Mexican vacation, [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]! Vacations are challenging.

I was having cravings on Saturday too, [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION] 58. Even got into my NA beer, which I don’t normally do at home. So I stopped trying to decrease my coffee amount, and have been eating lots of cookies and candy. Oh well -have to protect my most important quit.

Such a particularly lovely breakfast yesterday, Cowboy! Thanks for the realistic quotes. I’m going up tomorrow to see Beckett!

I’m handling the winter doldrums by going to a tanning bed for 10 min./day some days for a month, starting last week. Normally I would never do that, but my “quack doctor” (Pauly!) said I need more vitamin D from sunlight. Knee surgery has limited my exposure to daylight even more this Winter.

I have never heard of top golf, but it sounds fun! So happy for you that your sisters are visiting, Ginger.

24 more hours for me today, please!
    Last edited by Slo; February 17, 2020, 10:32 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Jude, Rava, Cowboy, Ginger, Pauly, Slo: like, like, like, like, like, like!

Cowboy, that 'walk away' is good advice. No use letting someone else trigger us! Smiling helps, too.

I go thru periods of craving sweets too, Slo and it does seem to happen to me mostly in the winter months. Soon we'll be able to get out and be more active and find things to distract us.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please at 11:41am in Calgary. -16C here today, COLD!
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our friends went home yesterday after a great week. We agreed not to wait another 6 years to get together again.

Mrs QW and I had dinner at a nice restaurant on the beach last evening. Our enjoyment of the experience was ruined by a group of 4 “ladies”, 50+ who were loud, crude and had been drinking before arriving. They ordered an expensive bottle of wine which one tasted and approved. After it was poured, they decided they didn’t want it and demanded a refund. After much discussion with the server, the “lady” with the purple hair announced she would drink it even though it was lousy! I hope they felt ashamed this morning but probably not. There were families and young children at the restaurant too. Hopefully we don’t see them again.

I see the temp is 42C colder at home today than it is here. Oh well, this has been a nice escape from winter.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday af.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Slo, hope you enjoy your day with Beckett today. QW that stinks that those drunk ladies ruined your meal. Just reinforces why we don’t drink! Good quote Cowboy. Thanks for that. Hi to Narilly, Jude, Dill, Ginger, Pauly and everyone else. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

32° and gusty winds here in N.Y.. Hope the roof stays on!

Wise words cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

QW, how utterly obnoxious those "ladies" were! Sorry you and Mrs. QW (and everyone else in the restaurant) had to endure that!

I'm delivering Girl Scout cookies today for our granddaughter. She and her dad delivered them to us over the weekend. I sold a lot to my coffee shop customers so today is the day they will get their cookies.

Hope everyone has great AF Tuesday. 24 please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, is marijuana legal in your state? The reason I ask is that I read about two Girl Guides who set up shop in front of a marijuana dispensary and sold out their entire cookie inventory!

Yesterday was spent at the beach and in the water. I spent part of the afternoon snorkelling and had my GoPro camera with me. Haven’t checked the video yet but hope it turned out.

We’re ready to go home tomorrow. It’s been a great holiday and I’m pleased I’ve avoided alcohol. More beach today and then gift shopping for the grandkids.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“We all have "issues" because we all have a story. And no matter how much work you've done on yourself, we all snap back sometimes. So be easy on you. Growth is a dance, not a light switch.” – John Kim

-30C (-21F) this morning, glad I'm working inside today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24 Slo my doc said the same thing about the vitamin D, glad you're hitting the tanning bed, QW, what a bunch of rude and obnoxious women I can't believe they acted like that, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning all! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Beckett’s mom needs me more on Thursday, so I switched some appointments around, and will go up tomorrow late afternoon instead of today.

It turns out that I have used the tanning bed too much for my vitamin A overload condition, and have crossed the fine line from it helping to it becoming an “agitator” of the condition. I have been so completely, deeply fatigued and out-of-sorts. Detox is rough! That’s one reason why I never want to drink again; because I never want to go through that particular detox again.

I just took Tucker for a little walk, right before the high winds start that will plummet our temperature into the negatives, and now have ice on my knee.

Funny story about the Girl Guide cookies and the marijuana machine, QW! Go where people are going to get the munchies!

“Growth is a dance, not a light switch.” I like it! I won’t be drinking today.
                          Last edited by Slo; February 18, 2020, 11:25 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Love, love, love yesterday's quote cowboy! I can really relate to that!
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..can you deliver some girl scout cookies to N.Y.? I'll take 20 boxes of the mint ones please!
                            [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...hope that you get some of your energy back soon. I'm feeling the same way, but hoping that with the arrival of Spring, my mood and energy level will improve.
                            [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...glad that you enjoyed your vacation, and kudos to you for avoiding the booze! Great marketing idea about selling GS cookies outside of a marijuana shop!

Another 24 for this girl and thank you very much!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up to rain this morning but temps in the 70s. No complains here after listening to everyone’s weather!!! I will take rain over snow any day. Love the quote Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“If you’re giving your all but it takes all you have to just get through the day, it doesn’t mean your best isn’t good enough. It means life is just that hard right now. Be good to yourself. You need it.” – Lori Deschene

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-23C (-9F) this morning, temps are on the rise...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X