~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." Norman Cousins

Hope that your knee is getting better Ginger!I

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

That's a quote that I am going to have to ponder, Jude. Interesting perspective.

I haven't been inside a grocery store or a Walmart in weeks! But I have wondered at the logic of closing small businesses but leaving open the large ones. It's not fair at all, IMO. I am glad our state is starting to open up but I hope people remain vigilant and take all precautions. I am encouraged that our medical community has learned how to treat covid patients more effectively.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Yesterday our restaurants opened to 25% capacity. Some have roped off their parking lots and put tables outside on the lots under tents with white lights, etc. Looks very inviting and maintaining social distancing at the same time. I’m finding that people have either become complacent or hyper vigilant and there is no in between. People are attacking each other on facebook and other avenues regarding this. The absolute worst in people is starting to show big time. Whatever is happening I’m not going to drink over it. There is a party in our community tomorrow with shots offered again. I will either bring my own “non alcoholic beverage” or not go at all to avoid temptation. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24,QW, that's awful that they'd be treated like that! Talk about never returning to that place again Rava they were talking to a restaurant owner here and he said it would be more of a hassle to open up to reduced capacity cuz he'd have to have someone watching the door counting people, hire someone to constantly be sanitizing and not make as much anyways cuz not fully occupied, says he's doing better with delivery and takeout, guess I never thought of that side, have a great AF day all
            Last edited by paulywogg; May 5, 2020, 07:47 AM.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Jude. Kind of reminds me of that saying, "live like you're dying".

Walked about a mile yesterday. I've decided to wait a few more days for a tele doc visit as RICE seems to be improving it. I just wonder "why" it flared?? Weird!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote today Jude.

Jessie and I managed to walk twice yesterday in spite of strong winds and some rain. Our walk this morning was much nicer.

I’ve come to the conclusion that re-opening the economy has more to do with getting people off of government assistance and back to work so the rich can get richer than keeping people safe. Just my opinion. It isn’t the restaurant servers, the barbers and stylists and others who are yelling the loudest to get the economy going, it’s those who are being inconvenienced by these businesses being closed. I know everyone wants the new normal to start now but is it worth risking your life and the lives of others? I don’t think we should be bullied into this. And until we are satisfied the virus has been contained and poses no further threat, borders should remain closed. My two cents worth.

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday. Stay safe, stay healthy.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well darn it all, I was sure I did a post yesterday afternoon while riding the tractor, but I don't see it. Anyway, my couple of days with Bubba and Hank turned into an afternoon and evening. The farm boss texted Monday morning around 9 and said we were going to get started seeding Monday afternoon. Yesterday I finished up the field we started and moved on to the second one. Looking on the bright side, the sooner we got started, the sooner we'll finish!

Comment

If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Mary Engelbreit

It always amazes me how much our actions are often dictated by our minds. I try to think about all of the positive aspects of remaining sober, but other days thoughts of drinking fill my brain.
                      I've started to see a therapist online as my head just isn't in a very good place right now. Hope that he can help....

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for that quote Jude. I agree some days the thoughts of drinking are overwhelming and other days practically nonexistent. I never know how my brain works from day to day. I hope the online therapist helps. Thats a great idea! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Tonight is the going away pool party with abundant alcohol. I have already planned to bring my own Diet Coke to ward off those trying to push alcohol on me. I feel strong that I can do this. I don't want to stay home and isolate. So proving to myself that I am strong and can do this is what I choose to do today. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:26 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Jude. It's all in our heads! Right?

Sorry your visit was cut short, ABC.

Rava, good luck at the party. You got this!

QW, I bet Jessie is loving the walks, even in the wind and rain. That breed is awesome for being "at the ready" for an adventure.

Jude, I hope the session helps. Please let us know. You're in my thoughts.

Hi, Pauly!!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, enjoy the party tonight watching others overindulge! And enjoy your Diet Coke and the knowledge you’ll have a clear head tomorrow morning.

Ginger, you’re right about border collies and their love of adventure. We’re just back from a walk, just under 6kms, and I bet if I asked her if she wanted to go again, she’d race to the door. This morning she wanted to chase gophers but they were too quick. She got into stealth mode - hunkered down, ready to spring into action. I love watching how intent she can be and even though she didn’t come close to getting a gopher, she’ll be reliving the chase in her dreams.

Has anyone noticed that TV networks, maybe because they have a captive audience during the pandemic, have increased the number of ads they show plus they’ve increased the volume? We watched a show the other evening that in a 60 minute time slot, ran 21 minutes of ads and only 39 minutes of the show we wanted to watch. I muted the ads because they were so loud.

Stay safe today everyone. We will get through this and we can do it alcohol free.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; May 6, 2020, 10:46 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, I think that is great that you will see a therapist online. Did you have to have an in-person initial session? I read somewhere that that was a necessity to get online sessions started. I bet there are lots of people who are struggling right now. If it isn't the isolation, its the anxiety over lost wages and job insecurity...

24 more please and thank you
                                Last edited by dill; May 6, 2020, 11:07 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X