~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], glad the recipe turned out well. I think next time I’ll cut the roast into small pieces. Did you make gravy? I wish someone would make an aftershave that smelled like that gravy!

I used to do a lot of photography, especially wildflowers. My all time favourite flower shot is of a crocus. I had my Nikon with macro lens hanging upside down from the tripod. I was lying on the ground when I took the photos. I have an 8x10 framed and hanging in my rec room. I should have kept track of how many copies I sold, at least 75.

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; February 27, 2018, 04:26 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

LC, my doc says if the cough gets too bad, just eat some Exlax, you won't dare cough then lol

Love the crocus pic Dill, it'll be a while before we see them up here!

When I did the roast, it was done so tender that the meat just flaked apart much like pulled pork!
      Last edited by abcowboy; February 27, 2018, 05:58 PM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think most of y’all know my opinion on slips and relapses, but I think that may be because my final quit came after only 3 or 4 attempts. That may make it sound easy, or that I was lucky, but I think it really has to do with when I decided I had to quit. I knew many years ago that I had a problem with drinking, but I just didn’t care. At the end, I was drinking each and everyday, most days starting around 9 or 10 in the morning and stopping when I went to bed. I was past the stage of hangovers because I don’t think I was ever completely free of alcohol in my system. I was even past the stage of passing or blacking out because my body was so used to the booze I was pouring in it. So when I decided I had to quit, I was a hardcore drinker and knew it was quit or die.

I know we all make mistakes, succumb to the power of alcohol, but how many times can we do that before we just don’t care. I’ve heard and read that each slip or relapse becomes harder and harder to come back from, I hope that’s not true. I hope that we all have as many attempts as we need to get a quit that sticks. But I still worry about others, will they reach the point that they just don’t care, or possibly something very drastic happens. Please don’t let that be you, never, ever give up! Learn from every slip and relapse and apply what you’ve learned to avoid making the same mistake. Don’t get to the stage that I was….
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's 11:03 here and it's a beautiful day. Very cold though. I have myself situated on the sofa with everything I need around me and don't plan on moving much. I will go to the doctor again tomorrow morning if this hasn't improved a bit by then.

Ha AB! I'm afraid exlax wouldn't help at all.. this really is completely uncontrollable..
          Dill, thanks for clearing that up for me, Dead Head.. I never would have guessed!:happy2: Pretty promise-of-Spring Crocus picture..
          Mr. V, thank goodness there was an extra pot! You're still skiing then, aren't you? Have you had a good time?
          QW, did you used to sell photos at Art Fairs? The one you described sounds beautiful.
          I also used to love photography (actually still do) and had a dark room set up in my kitchen closet back in the day. I began in January (idea from Kiwi) to take a photo a day with my old film camera which I'll develop and put into an album. It's so much fun.. and now I can afford it (expensive here!) with all the extra cash I have from not drinking!

Let's make this a great 24 af hours.. :hug:
          Last edited by lifechange; February 28, 2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

"Believe more deeply. Hold your face up to the light, even though for the moment you do not see."

— Bill Wilson

Enjoying a quiet morning with a cup of coffee and my dogs. :happy2: 38 degrees and calm for the moment. The weather guys are predicting a winter storm for tomorrow night into Friday. We've had a nice reprieve for about a week, but I knew that it was too good to last. On a more positive note, the red-winged blackbirds have returned from the south, a solid sign that Spring is near.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

7:35 am here in Jersey, 40f and the sun is dimly painting the sky in blues and reds. Committing to another 24!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I hope my preaching yesterday didn't offend anyone, I care so much for everyone here and want all of you to keeping adding up those days! Bill said it best, the light, the way out is there, even if you can't see it. Believe in yourself and dig deep...and git'er done...

Comment

Morning all!

I liked your post abcowboy. I like frankness; I don't like rudeness. Yours was frank and interesting to read.

I'm floating around a bit this morning from my usual places I post. I woke super early this morning, so why not?

I'll take another 24.
                    The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas,another 24 please Dill,I teared up too! Especially when he was saying bye to Judith
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        I think most of y’all know my opinion on slips and relapses, but I think that may be because my final quit came after only 3 or 4 attempts. That may make it sound easy, or that I was lucky, but I think it really has to do with when I decided I had to quit. I knew many years ago that I had a problem with drinking, but I just didn’t care. At the end, I was drinking each and everyday, most days starting around 9 or 10 in the morning and stopping when I went to bed. I was past the stage of hangovers because I don’t think I was ever completely free of alcohol in my system. I was even past the stage of passing or blacking out because my body was so used to the booze I was pouring in it. So when I decided I had to quit, I was a hardcore drinker and knew it was quit or die.

I know we all make mistakes, succumb to the power of alcohol, but how many times can we do that before we just don’t care. I’ve heard and read that each slip or relapse becomes harder and harder to come back from, I hope that’s not true. I hope that we all have as many attempts as we need to get a quit that sticks. But I still worry about others, will they reach the point that they just don’t care, or possibly something very drastic happens. Please don’t let that be you, never, ever give up! Learn from every slip and relapse and apply what you’ve learned to avoid making the same mistake. Don’t get to the stage that I was….
                        Thanks for that, Cowboy. Certainly no offense taken here and I don't see why anyone could be offended really by such a heart felt post.

:welcome: [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION], here's hoping you become a 'regular'! :thumbsup:

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], Yes, there was plenty of gravy! I added 3/4 cup water at the start, maybe a little more, and gave it a stir after the meat had thawed. (I put it in the crock pot frozen.) The packets did the rest. I only had 1.25 pounds of beef tho. I could have put in more if I'd had it. Also, I only used 1/2 stick unsalted butter instead of a whole stick.

Committed to 24.

I went off the rails yesterday so am back and humbly hoping to not repeat the mistake. I am grateful that I don't fall off and stay off, but I am still disappointed with myself. I used to drink daily so I have come a long way, but still have a ways to go.
                        Last edited by dill; March 1, 2018, 06:25 AM.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Glad you’re here after going off the rails yesterday.

I did too. I’m disappointed in myself but I’m not going to let it beat me up too bad.

And then this morning I saw online a saying that’s pertinent here. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again only this time, more wisely”.

Day 1 and committing to another 24 hours please and thank you.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Great idea to take a photo a day! I’m going to have to do that.

Yes, I used to sell my work, framed and unframed, at arts and craft fairs. I’ve always been interested in photography and while living in a small town was asked to photograph a wedding. Long story short, I’ve photographed about 145 weddings on a part time basis. The income allowed me to buy some nice gear.
                            I have a Nikon DSLR, lenses, flash, filters and a lot of accessories but I seldom shoot with it. I have a good quality point and shoot camera that I use for travel shots plus the camera in my phone takes good images.

My love though in photography is still wildflowers. At the time I shot my favourite crocus pic, I was lying on the ground, in elk poop, and held a white light disc behind the blossom to eliminate the distracting background. The location was the grass landing strip of a small airport. I believe in leaving nature alone as much as possible, thus the reason I was lying in poop!

I hope your photo a day project works well!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; February 28, 2018, 06:43 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

It's 6:43 and it looks to be a beautiful morning! I'm sure looking forward to seeing the trees bud sometime soon..
                              Dill and QW, I'm glad you didn't skip a beat with getting right back in here.. most important now is to learn something from it. To let go of the disappointment and move forward with strength.. I definitely think having consecutive days is of upmost importance for rebuilding the neural pathways.. but I also know that this is a journey and it's a forever journey (at least in my case).. and I'm doing my very best to build my sober life.. if I f*** up, the very worst thing I can do is beat myself up. I have to stand by my good and rational self and support her, love her, help her again! to see why drinking is NEVER an option.
                              Sobriety is freedom.. for all of us here, I guess.. and the only chance we have for true happiness and peace..:hug:

so here's to another 24 af hours!

Comment

"Drink does not drown care, but waters it, and makes it grow faster."

— Benjamin Franklin

Winter Storm warnings are up........could see a foot or more of snow by the end of the day tomorrow. Really ready for Spring!

Asking for another 24 please and Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X