~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill, glad to hear Mr. D is on the mend!

Well, I slipped last night. Knew it was lurking, tried to fight it but lost. Nothing big, just one drink but we all know where that leads. This morning I'm disgusted with myself. Going back to read that article. Why can't the AL brain just go away!

Humbly asking for 24.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24, Ginger, I kinda feel like those particular turmeric supps I suggested help me avoid alcohol cravings for some reason, maybe they keep me calm? I'm surprised they're not doing the same for you but everyone is different, you'll be fine just shake it off QW, it isn't just greed to get kids back in school, it's got alot to do with their mental health as well but as you said we need to see what's going on with the virus further on, my daughter is still trying to find a way to break the news to Louie cuz he asks everyday when he's going back, tired of all of it, anyways hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re right back here in the Cafe Ginger after a slip. The beast is a tricky b*stard and seems to always be lurking. 24/7/365. Stay strong and know your friends are here for you.

Pauly, I hadn’t thought about the mental health of kids but of course that’s hugely important. Maybe I’m just jaded and an old curmudgeon (I am) but I still think there has been a push to re-open the economy primarily for greedy purposes far too soon, as evidenced by the number of communities who haven’t escaped Phase 1 but are now in lockdown again. Too many people in positions of power are disregarding science and caving in to greed.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

At least you stopped at one drink Ginger. Don't beat yourself up over it, just move on!

I started a new account yesterday with a woman that has both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. So very sad, but hopefully I can make her life a little easier. Her husband is an amazing woodworker. His projects are all over the house, and they are truly amazing! Such talent!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

71F at 5;45am 93% humidity, swamp like here.
            I been having thoughts about drinking again too, sure, I can have one or two and not go off the rails, but I have to think where I would be in a few days, back to crazy amounts. Just can't do it. Wonder if it's stress from all the covid crap.
            I decided I'm not going back to work, not worth the stress or the money for the effort. Full retirement mode here. Have not worked since early March anyway, and we've gotten by just fine on Mrs V's salary. Maybe that's the stress too. I don't know.
            Happy 2 year Anni [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!
            The best to the rest of yiz!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, so glad you came right back. That is huge. We all know that having “one” drink over time leads to a rotten outcome. For me I go day to day and do not focus on a particular quit date. You have done so great for so long so don’t be too hard on yourself. You got this!!! The hardest part is the fact that we all spend every day touching base on here yet that split decision to take a drink is almost an impulse. It is overbearing and all consuming. F-king beast!!! On another topic I would hate being the person making the decision about schools reopening. Kids need their friends and structure. This covid is messing with so much. Its rather depressing. I guess we will know more soon when the decision is made. Hope everyone has a great day and good weekend. Its going to be so hot I may melt. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job at stopping at one [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but too bad you felt like you needed or wanted even one. This whole situation is starting to get to everyone, hard to deal with the uncertainty. A slip is never good, but a full-blown relapse is even worse, so you prevented that by coming back! I wonder how many addicts, whether it be booze or drugs have slipped back into old habits because of Covid, and how many new addicts have been created?? This pandemic will have more far-reaching impacts that will take years to be known.

They announced earlier that primary schools would re-open in Alberta come September with stringent safety policies in place, but numbers of infections have been climbing again and we're back up to the daily numbers we had in late April and it has our CMO very concerned! If the younger generation doesn't buckle down and act responsibly, we'll find ourselves back in a full lockdown! We all have to do our part to get this situation under control!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24, Cowboy, they were gonna do 3 in class days and the rest two days homeschooling but changed it to only homeschooling here, my daughter is just wondering how she's gonna get him in online class and be at work at the same time, we looked into private schools but they're really pricey and the cheapest one is a religious school who's curriculum creeped me out! QW, you're not curmudgeonly or anything haha, I think we're all just confused and out of sorts over this whole thing, I never thought I'd ever see anything like this in my life unless it was a war or something! This is something we cant really fight straight on, it's unsettling, Jude, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's? Poor lady hope it works out ok, Mr. V I know with just one drink I'd be drinking like I did, after my 8 months off I went straight back to my old ways for 4 days straight, there was no taking it slow, luckily Ginger said eff it after 1,that was great Ginger! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, good for you for helping the lady with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. Both of these hideous diseases share many of the same symptoms and treatment with medications is continually developing. The Michael J Fox Foundation and others are great sources of information.

Mr V, congrats on retiring! Best job ever!!!

As Cowboy alluded, we’re seeing a return to higher Covid levels in Alberta. No longer can this be considered the Boomer Remover as most of the new cases seem to be in younger people. There have been incidents of covidiots ignoring social distancing and not wearing masks on beaches, in bars and parks. Our chief medical officer and several of her counterparts across the country have expressed frustration at the rise in new cases and deaths. I think it’s only a matter of time until we’re back in lockdown.
                      I try not to look at the ever increasing numbers in Canada and the US very often but I did this morning. Canada has 113,000 cases and 8,874 deaths, the US 4,170,333 cases, 147,342 deaths. How many of these cases could have been prevented by listening to medical experts I wonder.

Today is the last of our medical appointments for a while, nice to have a break!

Have a great af Friday everyone! Ginger, stay strong and enjoy your beach escape!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Addiction and homelessness is definitely up in our area due to Covid according to an article I just read yesterday. I'm with you Pauly, never thought I'd see this day.

Not a temptation one last night. Weird! Hope it stays that way. Glad my AF family is here and has my back!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I forgot!! Happy retirement, Mr. V.

Comment

Congrats on the retirement, Mr. V! You'll not regret it.

Ginger, glad you came right back.

Pauly, I am sorry your schools are not reopening. Poor Louie! I hope a vaccine come along soon. Lots of hopeful signs there.

I don't know yet what will happen this fall. So far the plan is for schools to open but that could change as numbers rise here in Ohio too. From all that I have read children are not spreaders of the disease and their mental health will surely suffer, not to mention their education, if they can't go back to classes.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X