No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I'm sure yours will be every bit as good [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

I'm not sure it's a blessing that I've been able to keep a pretty normal routine. It's hard not to shake someone's hand when I go do work for them, continually remembering to sanitize my hands before getting out of the truck, then again when I get back in. Spraying down the inside of the truck with Lysol, trying to keep 6' away from people when they want to look over your shoulder to see what you're doing. It seems so much easier to just stay home lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, we’ve got snow today as well, not 2-4 inches though. You can keep it. Ours is melting when it hits the ground. Regardless of the weather, I’m barbecuing supper again tonight.

Rava, looking forward to your week of quotes. Selecting a quote is hard sometimes but what I’ve done is pick one that has relevance to me. In posting it, I hope it resonates well with others. You’ll do great!

I ordered a side of beef this week from our local butcher. I know he supplies a few large restaurants in Calgary and with them being closed, thought business might be slow. Apparently he’s operating at capacity! Other residents have stepped up by shopping local. Nice to see. This is a business that not only employs up to 30 people, he provides high quality meats and is a huge community supporter.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for all the great quotes, Dill.

Happy Saturday everyone!

24 more, please!

Comment

Another 24 please. +4C at 3:35.

QW, yeah the meat shops are busy. I went to my local butcher today and they are swamped. I guess this pandemic is good for them.

Have a good one.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes last week dill! Rava....I'm sure that you will step up to the plate just fine!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Supposed to be 92 today. Yikes. Its been hot but listening to your guys talk about snow I will take the heat any day. Wishing everyone a great day and good week ahead. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the positive thought to start out my week, Rava! But you can keep your 92 degrees! LOL. I don't like extreme temps in either direction!

As you may remember Mr. D and I gave up taking care of cattle last year and instead started renting our pastures. Well, the man that was renting them last year has also decided to make changes to his lifestyle after having had open heart surgery this past winter. He asked us if he could introduce us to his grandchildren and recommended them to step into his role. We met them a couple of days ago and came to an agreement. Yesterday they were here all afternoon going over the fences and making repairs and cutting away brush. It was refreshing to have young people around and having the maintenance done that was sorely needed. I can't wait until Covid is passed and we can actually shake their hands! What a blessing.

24 more, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; April 19, 2020, 06:32 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is just about ready! Just need to get them wrapped in tinfoil so they stay hot!

Comment

Great quote, Rava. Enjoy that toasty weather. It's been in the high 60s/low 70s. My personal favorite temps!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

That’s another great brekkie you’ve prepared Cowboy. Thanks!

Rava, as much as I dislike snow and cold temps, 92 is way too hot for my liking. On my to do list for today is to uncover the air conditioner and get it ready for this weeks temps that will be in the 60’s F.

Our local butcher makes prime rib burgers, some of which were grilled here yesterday. Funny, in the past I would have a couple of glasses of wine while I was cooking. I remembered that yesterday but there was no interest in drinking. We got the patio furniture out of storage and with the bird house installed on the fence, we’re ready for summer!

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay af everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I have to agree 92 is way too hot. Hopefully today will be a little cooler. Since I don’t have a job to get back to we may stay another week or until the weather at home reaches the 70s. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I stayed over in Vegreville one more night as I have to go to the city for a material run and being here puts me an hour closer. But, I do enjoy the extra time with Bubba and Hank!

The weather has been gorgeous, above freezing most nights now. This week is supposed to be in the mid to high teens (55 - 70F) all week so I imagine in 10 to 14 days we'll be rolling the combines out to finish last years harvest, then move on to seeding. Got a couple of jobs that I need to get finished up before the 2 months of farming start!

Comment

Working...
                                X