~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Sunday all. Sorry that I'm too early for breakfast cowboy.

We have friends coming for an early supper today, so I'd best get the chicken marinading. Neither of them drink, so there will be no booze flowing.

Gratefully accepting another 24 hours!

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast time, help yourselves!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm sure there'll be lots of leftovers for you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Bubba and I have kind of decided we'll probably wait a year or so then decide if we want another dog [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. Right now we are enjoying the memories of Hank and there's also somewhat of a freedom of not having a dog to worry about.

We should finish up the wheat today, then just canola and barley left to go. Might not finish by the end of May, but the first week of June is possible.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy. Last night I blew it. I am here with my tail between my legs asking for 24 more. I know what I need to do. I will not bash myself but I feel so disappointed in myself. UGH. Onward to a sober day and night.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, thanks for your honesty. I agree - don’t bash yourself, you’re in the Cafe with your friends and we’ve all been where you are. ODAAT.

I’m making brekkie this morning - bacon, eggs and pancakes. I hope it turns out as well as the feast Cowboy prepared!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, you are here and that's what matters! ODAAT

ABC, hubby doesn't want another dog but I'm not sure how to live without one! I've had one or two all my life. I feel like my arm is missing. I'll wait awhile but when I see that pup that speaks to my heart, all bets are off! PS.... the cat loves being an only "child" so right now, it's two against one. 🙃

Techie, I can't imagine going near Yosemite on a weekend. How was it?

Had a lovely walk yesterday. We took two of the gkids and their pup. Good times with lots of stories!

Waves and hugs to all my Cafe buds! 24 more!

Comment

Ginger, I hear you on feeling like something is missing when I don't have a dog in my life. You're in a rough spot if you hb really feels strongly about not wanting another dog... Maybe he'll come around after a l long enough break.

Thanks for that great breakfast, Cowboy. I'm having mine for dinner!

Rava, I'm glad you're here.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thinking of you Rava, and I do understand how easy it is to slip up. Keep trying to remember that booze creates a dark cloud over your head, while sobriety let's the sun shine. Don't give in! We've got your back!

Ginger, maybe your hubby just needs more time to pass before getting another pup. It's a big decision, with many years of commitment involved in getting another dog.

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

5:02am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]@Rava [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

As long as you never quit on your quit, one day it will stick [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Keep doing the work and keep coming back...

Comment

Good morning. I’m so happy to be back in a sober state of mind. I literally spent all day yesterday with a horrible headache and nauseous. This morning I am clear headed and grateful to see how poisonous alcohol can be. I literally poisoned myself and see that clearly. My mood is so much brighter waking up with a clear head. Thanks for the support. I love this group and feel safe here to be my true self. Today is back to the gym. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

When we decided to get another dog, we started looking at animal rescues and were fortunate to have found Jessie, a 2 year old border collie cross. We became her third pet parents in that short time. In the 4 years we had her, she adapted so well to our lifestyle and became a wonderful friend and pet. Our former neighbours adopted her and they regularly send updates, pics and videos. She’s having a great life!
                            Getting a dog is a big decision and commitment. One of the toughest things about living in our condo is that I miss the companionship of a dog.

The sun is shining and I’m going to a local conservation area with my new camera this morning to see what it can do.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Last week a critter, either a fox or a raccoon found a way in to the chicken coop and killed all six of the young hens. It was awful!! My granddaughter was terribly upset by it all. The chicks were her 4H project. Anyway...things like that happen. So, we decided to wait and see if she wanted to try again and she decided that she did. We are on the second generation of chicks now with valuable lessons learned and new plans for the weak area.

24 more hours please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dang it, Dill. Everything has to eat but it's so hard to lose hens that way. Especially when they kill and leave them. Poor girls.

I work with our local pet rescue so I see great dogs every day in our FB feed. If we do get another pup, it will definitely be an older dog that needs a second chance at a good life.

Hi to all my Cafe peeps! 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X