~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall."
    Serena Williams

Good call dill and QW about cancelling work and Dr. appointment. Just not worth the risk! I fear for the small businesses during this time, and worry a great deal about the future of our economy. I work with Alzheimer's and dementia patients in their homes. Most are elderly and frail, and catching this virus could be deadly for them. My boss now requires us to take our temperature every morning before work, and calling in if it's over 99 ° F. We can no longer take our clients our for any reason, except critical doctor's appointments. We have to order any groceries online and pick it up curbside. It's getting very scary out there!

On a more positive note, I have seen a lot of people posting on Facebook, and offering to pick up groceries and prescriptions for the elderly in the community. It's good to see that there are still some compassionate folks out there!

Good job Drifty! Keep up the good work!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote Jude. I have fallen too many times but thank God I am still here. Taking my dog to the groomer today on medication. The vet gave him a sedative and we gave him his first dose last night. He certainly was loopy. Reminded me of myself back in the day! Hope everyone stays well and has an AF day. I think the less news I watch, the calmer I remain. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-18C (0F) with a clear sky, didn't get any of the snow they forecast...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it is getting scary out there! I can understand a little about the panic buying with the total lockdowns that are happening, not so much that we'll run out of things, but that we won't be allowed to go out and get what we need, or that there won't be any place open to get them. I'm not in panic mode yet, and think I'm too laid back to get that way, but I do worry about others and the situations they find themselves in.

I keep reminding myself that even if I contract the virus, I have an 80% chance of just being a bit sick for a while. That's way better odds than I had for getting and staying sober!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great to learn that some Cafe members work with elderly folks and people with dementia and Alzheimer’s! Important, necessary and meaningful work, hopefully satisfying too. Well done.

I’m making a quick trip to the city today to deliver a care package to our son the chef who has been out of work. Mrs QW will stay home. We’ve pretty much been in isolation, only going out for walks and me to shop for necessities.

Stay safe, stay well, stay af everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

SIL made it safe and sound but got here with the sniffles! Headed hiking. The only thing not closed around here! Yet!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

That’s true, Cowboy; you beat much greater odds for getting & staying sober!

Corned beef is in the slow cooker (delayed it a day), sister is coming over for dinner...hopefully sister & daughter & I can play a board game or two!
                It would be better to have four players for a lot of games, but HB always refuses to play, and buries himself into sports on TV instead. But now there are no live sports on TV...!

Daughter is upstairs engaged in online school. 24 more for me please!
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

We ordered our groceries online for the first time today. The first available pick up time isn't until 3/20/20 but none of our things are emergency items so that's ok.

Our granddaughter wanted to come spend a couple days with us but I had to say no. It was really hard, and if it was just me I would have said yes. But with Mr. D's kidney situation it seemed like too big a risk. Sigh.

I am with you Rava on turning off the TV news. I feel so much more calm when I do! And in spite of Wuhan virus, the daffodils are getting ready to bloom, the ground is turning greener and buds are beginning to swell on the fruit trees! The blue birds are back and I think I even heard a phoebe the other day.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I pay enough attention to the news to get updates then move on because worrying about it will just drive me up the wall. I am prepared for it and so is my work. My church is switching to live streaming after tonight for their services and even tonight the ones who makes it will be put in groups not bigger then 10 each. It will be weird Sunday to turn to church while my cats are with me.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
                      William James

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-15C (5F) this morning, with fog rolling in on this first day of spring...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], keep'em coming! Love your quote this morning considering what's happening in the world...

Comment

Loved this morning's quote too, Jude. It's important to also act as tho what you don't do can also make a difference!

Ginger, have fun with your SIL!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; March 19, 2020, 08:29 AM.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Jude, well worth remembering.

Slo, how was the corned beef? Do you have a recipe you could share?

Had a quick trip to the city yesterday to deliver groceries to our son the chef. Took him shopping to get supplies he was running low on, now he’s set for a few weeks.
                              Just as I was leaving for the city I heard on the radio there was an accident on the route I usually take so I went a different way. Sadly there were fatalities, the accident caused by ice on the road.

We’re hunkering down today, likely baking bread and other goodies.

Stay well everyone and enjoy the day af.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This is the first day of Spring?! Yay!

My daughter’s foreign exchange student friend got hustled back to Germany yesterday, and that was the end of that. No more deferred birthday party plans for that girl for daughter to look forward to, no more plans to attend prom together...actually my daughter probably won’t have a Junior prom; several in the area have already been cancelled.

My hair cut & color got cancelled for today, and I had already gone too long between appointments. Now I get to find out how gray I really am! Where’s [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] when I need her?!

24 for more hours for me today.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X