~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good quote and reminder! Rained all night and still pouring. Now what? Everything is closed. No museums are open to visit today. Guess we hunker down and read/watch movies!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Goomy day with rain off and on but not going to drink. Its not worth it.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My brother jumped to his death yesterday. And just like that, he’s dead. On a weekday, in the middle of the afternoon, in March...jumped off a parking structure. I didn’t expect this! Or have I always expected it? I don’t know.

I hate life.
        But I won’t drink today anyways.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

“I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” ~Anne Frank
          [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].....I am so sorry to hear about your brother! I can't imagine what you must be going through right now! Please, please don't drink; you know deep inside that it will only make things worse! :hug:

Asking for another 24 hours for all of us during this difficult time. Stay well all!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Slo, I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Unexpected yet expected. Strange to feel that way about suicide. I can relate totally as my brother did the same thing many years ago. This social distancing is challenging at best. I think its bringing out the best and worst in people. For whatever reason I’m not drinking over this. I will take another 24 please and thank you. I’m also sending a beautiful picture just for the hell of it. Our beaches are closed but at least the weather is nice.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-17C (1F) here, not too bad for spring!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your brother [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family... Did he leave any wife or kids behind? Times like we're going through are going to push some people past their limits, but we must remain strong in our quits and beliefs, not just for ourselves, but for those around us as well... Yesterday was the 26th anniversary of my 34 year old brother's death from a heart attack, I'll remember you and your brother from that as well now...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, my condolences on the loss of your brother. Your Cafe friends are here for you. Stay strong in your quit and lean on us if you need to.

Today will be spent hunkering down, avoiding people and public places. We’re having some of Cowboy’s “spring” weather this morning so a walk will be postponed until it warms up later.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I'm so very sorry for your loss. There just are no words. 💔 Please don't drink.

I'll take another 24.....

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] :hug: I shall light a candle for him.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] I am so, so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Rava, thanks for the beautiful picture. It was so nice of you to take the time and it was a spirit lifter.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss Slo. May this be a reminder to us all to cherish our family and friends and if we ever feel suicidal seek help.

Not drinking tonight. So close on making it two weeks.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."
                            Michael Altshuler

Hope that you are doing OK [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].

Tough times for all, but I'm grateful to be still employed. My job as a caregiver is still considered essential at this point. Many are not so fortunate.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. No drinking for me today. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Thanks for the quote Jude!

Comment

6:20am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-17C (2F) here this morning, tired of hearing about Covid….

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X