~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Quick fly by. Headed home. On the road 3 days. I'll take another 24, please.....

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 hours. I have made it 2 weeks and this has been my easiest 2 weeks ever. I expected a fight with the AL demon but he was like one urge on Friday then its like he gave up. Not letting down because next weekend was supposed to be a drinking weekend and I know that he will try again. ODAAT
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for a week of great quotes, Jude! Thank you Rava for sharing calm-inducing pictures. Thank you Cowboy for that yummy breakfast!

Slo, I can only imagine your pain.

Thank you all who post here for being here for the long run.

Safe travels, Ginger.

Well done, Drifty!!

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; March 22, 2020, 09:49 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Don’t wait for things to get better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now, otherwise you’ll run out of time." Unknown

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the quote Ginger....a good way to start the week!

Winds are howling right now, and we're expecting a few inches of snow today. Keep those daffodil pictures coming dill!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, that was a perfect quote for these days and times. Thanks!

Jude, so sad about your raging winds and snow! It's not been great weather here lately but at least no snow.

Maybe some of you have already seen this Neil Diamond video, but I still wanted to share it. It lifted my spirits this morning and I think that's something we all could use! If you have a minute....

Twitter

24 more, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; March 23, 2020, 07:09 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Congrats Drifty on finishing up 2 weeks. Ginger, safe travels for the next 3 days. (We are leaving in early May) Slo, thinking of you during this difficult time... Thanks for the carry out breakfast yesterday Cowboy! Dill, I tried to see your video but couldn’t find it. Jude, stay warm. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-4C (24F) in Veg this morning, a couple of days of snow in the forecast...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on 2 weeks [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]!

Headed back home this morning after breakfast, a couple small jobs to take care of this week, then it's a wait and see situation...
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'm going to try again and hope this one works:

Twitter
                        Last edited by dill; March 23, 2020, 07:10 AM.
                        Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for a great week of quotes Jude. And Ginger, your quote today is spot on.

Slo, you commented the other day about gray roots showing. My hair has turned from dark brown to gray/white over the years and I’ve often said “better gray than away.” Well, it seems the patch of thinning hair on top of my head is getting thinner and bigger. I actually sunburned the top of my head while we were in Mexico! Oh well, it’s not the worst thing that can happen.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Drifty, congrats on your two weeks af!!! Well done.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm going to post Monday's quote right here and ask for another 24!

"Success consists of going from failure to failure
                            without loss of enthusiasm."
                            - Sir Winston Churchill - 1874 - 1965

Comment

Loved today’s amazing picture of the beach, Rava.
                              Neil Diamond still has his gorgeous voice!
                              Good luck with your journey home, Ginger.
                              Today’s quote was painfully accurate.

Jude, you captured it in a nutshell: my brother was SO misunderstood!! And, he actually really was a GREAT GUY!! He NEVER deserved to be maligned!

QW, I think you are right that this type of scapegoating of a child is extremely common in families. And it can be done craftily, blinding people to what is being done right under their noses. I knew I could speak of it here, and you all wouldn’t say, “That’s not true!” “That doesn’t happen!” “What are you talking about?”
                              Because many of us here have been caught in the web of these types of abusive, unsupportive family patterns, so you would understand. We didn’t fall into addiction for no reason.

I haven’t been numbing myself, not even with food. Not even with distractions! But, kind of with increased caffeine intake. I am facing the pain and the regrets, I am reaching out! I am reaching out to kind people by telephone who are listening to me. I am trying to live a different way now -just facing grief and letting the waves come as they need to. But it does suck and it hurts.

Didn’t expect the snow today. I always think it’s so pretty on the trees though. 24 more hours are needed please.
                              Last edited by Slo; March 23, 2020, 08:40 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

8:35 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X