No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, I had a mind full of things to talk about, most concerning what's happening in the world right now, but then decided I didn't want to add to the hysteria that's already going around. There have been worse things that have happened in our world that took more lives than this and didn't get the media attention that this is getting. I know this is serious business, but our respective governments and the media are making the situation much worse in my opinion...

The days and weeks ahead are going to be tough for all of us [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and I think that the situation is only going to get worse. But we have each other to lean on and talk to. The bottom of a bottle is not the best source of support right now. There are going to be a great many lessons learned from this pandemic, and having a month's wages set aside for emergencies is going to be one of them...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It helps so much to hear from you all, and to know that a candle in England was being lit in his memory, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

Our dear brothers now share a death date, Cowboy, and we will remember together.

No, he didn’t leave behind a wife & children: Mom rejected him and would put him down a lot, and favored our brother two years older than him over him, and told him as a young teen, “Why would anyone ever want to date you?” So he felt unworthy of women, and ended up falling into a life of loneliness & isolation, despite being handsome & virile, despite being extroverted, and despite a successful career as a corporate CPA accountant & auditor.

And none of the rest of them, the younger family members, know this. They all think K is “just weird”, and look down on him derisively. He was not weird, initially! He was super popular, and super witty! He’s traumatized!! And Mommy Dearest there “just can’t understand why he did this.” Ggrrrr.

This is harder to go through sober. The pain is so raw. The rest of them drank wine together.
      I ate cookies and drank Coca-Cola. 24 more painful hours AF please.
      Last edited by Slo; March 21, 2020, 07:44 AM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Drifty, well done on making almost 2 weeks! You got this!!

Slo, I’ve seen families that have caused a child to be cast out, put down, and treated badly, including my own. It is sad. We can’t change other people but we can damn well choose how we act. I’m glad you opted for Coke n cookies instead of alcohol. As Cowboy pointed out, the bottom of a bottle isn’t the best source of support. Your Cafe friends are here for you.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; March 21, 2020, 08:40 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thinking of you, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Such a sad story about your brother. Heartbreaking.

I'll take another 24, please.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss@Slo
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dear [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]

I am so so sorry for your loss. What a shock it must be, even if it may have been expected/not expected. Sending you love and strength.

xo
              Pav

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Geez, I had a mind full of things to talk about, most concerning what's happening in the world right now, but then decided I didn't want to add to the hysteria that's already going around. There have been worse things that have happened in our world that took more lives than this and didn't get the media attention that this is getting. I know this is serious business, but our respective governments and the media are making the situation much worse in my opinion...

I agree, Cowboy.

Slo I was so saddened by your story about your brother's treatment. I really don't know what more to say. Again, thoughts and prayers being sent.

upload photos free online

I thought a splash of yellow might lift any spirits that needed a boost.

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; March 21, 2020, 12:14 PM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I hadn't posted a picture in so long, I couldn't remember how. I tried it a couple of different way. I'm not sure why that thumbnail thing is in there and I can't see any way to get rid of it. Sorry!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I will take another 24hour and make it to 2 weeks which so far has been my easiest 2 week mark ever, In past quits, I had it real hard during the two week mark and although I have had urges, they are not bad this weekend.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the flowers [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. We all could use some cheering up!
                      [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...I'm saddened by the fact that your brother was so misunderstood. Sounds like he was a great guy!

Another 24 for us all please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Slo, thinking of you today.... Hope everyone has a good day in spite of these trying times. I agree with you Cowboy with the media creating mass hysteria. People hoarding and basically going nuts. I will take another 24 please but it’s getting harder for sure. I’m posting a picture just for the hell of it.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-10C (13F) in Vegreville this morning, clear shies as the stars were shining bright...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

In keeping with the situation, today's breakfast is available in take-out as well lol

Comment

Yo [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hope you saw my pm that you're on QD this week?

Not much to report on my end, going to stay over in Vegreville one more night as my workload has slowed considerably. And the fact that #2 daughter has set up a family Zoom get together tonight at 7pm, so figured that I would stay with Bubba for it.

I love seeing the pics you guys, so keep posting them!

Comment

That’s funny, Cowboy!! No dining together today!
                                At least there’s the silver lining of having extra time with family.

Good job on powering through to two weeks, [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION].
                                We do need to cherish our families. And we do need to stay in touch. Even if they pull away and decline a lot. Especially if they do? I should have been reaching out way more.

The daffodils are so beautiful, Dill. A sign of Spring too. And the beautiful birds on the beach, Rava. So calming.

I am now going through what you had to go through with your brother Jon, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg. The regrets, the what-ifs, the why’s, the heartache. The finality of it all. I have a deeper understanding of how hard all that was for you.

Thank you, [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION]. Thank you, everyone. You all give me strength. Today I am traveling to see my brother’s body. I need this, in order to be able to say goodbye. And I need 24 more hours AF. I tried near beer yesterday. It sort of helped. But it made my skin flush. Thank you for your strength.
                                Last edited by Slo; March 24, 2020, 07:33 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X