~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Aww Slo I think once their mind is made up it's made up, I've played so many different scenarios with Jon but he knew what he was gonna do, 6:03 am in Vegas another 24.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Back to winter for a few days. Oh well, I had a call the other day from our hvac service company to schedule the annual air conditioning service so summer can’t be too far away.

Another day of hunkering down. I might venture out for a few groceries. We have a small independent grocer here and their business is suffering right now. They support the community in many ways - sports uniforms, band supplies for the high school, things like that and even though their prices might not match big box retailers, they will get my business because they are good neighbours. Don’t forget your local small business during the pandemic!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another good quote, Slo. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

24 more please and thank you.

Slo, it seems as if you are guilty of the same thing I am. We actually think we are responsible for other people's choices. We are not. No matter how badly I wanted to help my DIL and no matter what things I did to try, it was (and is) ultimately only she that can choose. I know this to be true and can live by that philosophy when it comes to people in general. But of course I lose all objectivity when it comes to family. Be gentle with yourself. :heartbeat:

Yes QW, another day of hunkering down. I am making crock pot Butter Chicken today. I'm afraid all this hunkering down is leading to excess weight!

Cowboy, I pity you having snow! We are enjoying more spring-like weather here although the wind is fierce. How's it going with your online instruction?

Rave, Ginger, Pauly, Neo, Jude, greetings to you all!
          Last edited by dill; March 30, 2020, 10:53 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 more please, -7C in yyc.

SLO, like Dill said, please be gentle with yourself :hug:

Have a good one everyone, stay safe.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I read this online this morning and thought I’d share as it seemed appropriate for us while we deal with Covid-19.

Going outdoors is not cancelled, listening to music is not cancelled, quality time with our families is not cancelled, reading a book is not cancelled, sharing with friends is not cancelled, singing out loud is not cancelled, laughing has not been cancelled, sharing HOPE with others has not been cancelled. Let’s EMBRACE what we have!

This will pass friends! It may take a while but it will pass. Stay strong, stay af!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for your post QW.....I needed that this morning!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sounds like we are all hunkered down waiting for this virus to end. Wishing everyone a good and healthy day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-12C (11F) this morning, got a big date with the lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, my simulator training didn't get very far lol. Seems like there's a glitch in the system that won't allow us to do anything with the air cart. I have learned most of the navigation settings and am comfortable with the air drill settings, but I can't use the air drill auto depth control on the drill until I start virtual seeding and I can't start seeding until I fill the cart and start the fans! Farm boss says the techs at Deere are working on it...

But my evenings have been busy anyway because Bubba and Hank are here with me! They followed me home on Sunday because Bubba has to work in Vermilion today and the forecast for snow was pretty much bang on. Bubba doesn't much care for winter driving, and won't drive on the highway when it's snowing. Having them home with me is my true happiness!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Only people who are unhappy with themselves are mean to others. Remember that.”

-amazingmemovement.com

This can be a hard one to learn, as it’s counterintuitive.

Thanks, Pauly. I’m still working through all the different scenarios. There could have been a different ending!
                        Thanks, Dill. We can’t save other addicts. I have had to come to terms with that truth, too.

Thinking of [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] out there on the front lines, still going to work to care for others.

You must be getting strong arms with all that shoveling, Cowboy!

I do like to patronize two independent grocers near here, so thanks for the reminder that those are the stores to favor, not the big chains.

Another sober day here please; easier for me to accomplish while hunkering down.
                        Last edited by Slo; March 31, 2020, 07:25 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:02 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My independent local grocer always says thank you to shoppers. Yesterday she said, Thank you, I really appreciate your support. I bought more than I intended to but I left the store feeling good.

I couldn’t help but notice this morning around 5:30 that the neighbours with the loudest cars and drivers who love to rev their engines must work in essential services because they still go to work!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another good one, Slo.

ABC, happy your peeps are home with you!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

DAY 7 AF & Cig Free

Comment

Working...
                                X