~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please, -13C here. I shoveled snow today too Cowboy but probably not as much as you.

Have a good one and stay safe.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

24 more hours for all of us please.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good on you Neo!

Sorry that you had to shovel cowboy, but glad that Bubba and Hank are with you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

It sure doesn't feel like spring at -24C (-11F) here this morning! But at least there's no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Feel what you need to feel and then let it go -do not let it consume you.”

-Dhiman

6:50am in Wisconsin, and 24 hours AF please
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Way to go on a week [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]! Keep on keeping on!

Your quote yesterday hit close to home for me [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], actually more than close to home, it used to be me! I would lash out at everyone, blaming them for all the things that were really my doing, and the alcohol didn't help. Once I got sober I realized that it was only me that was in charge of what I did, and do...

Our youngest daughter works up in Grand Prairie with a satellite office in High Prairie. One of her co-workers in the High Prairie office tested positive for Covid a week or so ago and passed away from it Monday morning . He was 34 years old and left behind a wife and 3 young children and had severe asthma. Ashley hadn't been up to that office for a while, so she thinks she is okay, but she's watching for any symptoms to develop. This virus has no restrictions on who it takes, so y'all be careful okay!!

I think Bubba and Hank will head back to Veg this morning. I have a couple of small jobs to do, then will probably head over there late Friday or Saturday morning. Spending as much time with them as I can just in case the sanctions get worse...
              Last edited by abcowboy; April 1, 2020, 07:04 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's sad Cowboy this virus is the craziest, fastest moving thing I've ever seen in a lifetime! Yep those days I drank I was the crabbiest, yelling at my loved ones, who is that creep?? Hate her. 6:15 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 400 today. Sure glad I did this!

Another day of hunkering down indoors with the exception of a dog walk this afternoon. Like everyone else, I’ll be glad when this (largely preventable) virus has run its course.

Stay safe, have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, congrats on 400 days! ABC, so sorry to hear about your daughter's co-worker. Slo, great quote. Neo, great job. You got this. Drifty, how's it going?

I read this morning they are asking Canadian snowbirds to hunker down where they are but I know my friends were worried about their healthcare if they stayed too long in the US. The one thing you wouldn't want, is to get it and not have healthcare!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, -16C in yyc, freakin cold.

Thank goodness for our healthcare, grateful for that.

Have a good one and stay safe.
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Wowzers! 400 days! Congrats QW!

Good quote for today, Slo. Thank you. It is good advice and something I must work at sometimes.

Cowboy, that's alarming news. We all need to do what we can to stay safe. That is a terrible tragedy for that young man and his family. Sometimes I get so angry about all this.

Deep breath in, long breath out.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours for me. I know already that my AL mind is going to try to get me to drink once things go back to normal but nope won't do it. I do not know if and when I will have the determination to quit this nasty habit again if I fail and I rather not have to find out. ODAAT. Nearly 4 weeks here.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Late check in. Congrats on 400 days QW! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning. Another day of the same. This isolation is hard. Trying to stay positive but feel a bit out of sorts. No schedule, no routine. No alcohol in the house thank god, or I believe I would be tempted. Hope everyone is handling this the best they can. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-22C (-10F) this morning, truck goes in for some much needed work this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X