~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks everybody for your good wishes! It was 43 years yesterday. I can't believe how the time goes! Cowboy thanks for so many things, but this time for keeping track and acknowledging special events for us here.:heartbeat:

QW, thank you for another great quote, and congrats on your 478!! I still feel somewhat discouraged about my progress when I compare myself to others. But as you pointed out just recently we should only compare ourselves to ourselves. Whey I see where I used to be, I feel very proud of how far I have come.

Big storm here last night. We needed the rain but geez! What a blow out!

Ginger, glad you had a nice adventure with the grands!

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I enjoy acknowledging birthdays, anniversaries, etc [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I just wish I could do more of it! I catch those special events through Facebook, snippets here and there on MWO, just wish I had everyone’s hint, hint !

And another great quote [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], something I struggled with up till a few years ago. I was always asking myself why I couldn’t get it right, if others quit and stayed quit, why couldn’t I? I’m a pretty determined guy when I want to be, but somehow lasting sobriety just didn’t seem to be in the cards for me! Then I finally hit rock bottom and started climbing my way out of that pit. Then I watched the people around me having trouble, slipping back to drinking, and wondering why they couldn’t get it right. Why couldn’t they walk away from booze like I did. Then a couple of years ago, it dawned on me that those who got sober before me probably thought the same thing about me!

Long lasting sobriety, quitting and staying quit, is the ultimate goal, but not even that is guaranteed. It’s something we have to work on everyday, even after years of sobriety I still get the “I wishes”. So I don’t compare myself to others, or compare others to me. We all have our own path to follow and every day we hit the pillow sober is a day we beat the beast! That’s good enough in my books…
        Last edited by abcowboy; June 19, 2020, 06:56 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24, congratulations on your 400+ days QW, that's awesome!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great job, QW and I love that quote. Our journey away from the beast is just that, "Our journey".

We mask up in the truck because we don't live with the boys and it's recommended around here because we are a hotspot. Had a great adventure!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, it is amazing how fast time goes. And I often think about “ for better or for worse, in sickness and in health” I know Mrs QW put up with a lot from me, in part because of al, but I hope I’m making up for it now. Shortly after we received the diagnosis of Parkinson’s, we read a book by someone who saw his life fall apart after his diagnosis. He told people they would lose their jobs, their friends and their marriages would be over. Mrs QW was afraid I wouldn’t be here for her. She stayed by me, it’s the least I can do. We’re not perfect by any means but there’s no one I’d rather be on this journey with!
              And thanks for acknowledging Cowboy’s dedication to the Cafe and MWO.

Cowboy, you’re so right. Every night our head hits the pillow sober is another day we beat the beast.

Jessie and I saw 2 deer crossing the street on our walk this morning. And they crossed at a crosswalk!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; June 19, 2020, 11:01 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

I saw this today and thought it applicable to what many of us have experienced. Persistence pays!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Lots of good quotes since I last posted. Humbly asking for 24 please and thank you. If the urges become so strong again tonight, I will check onto this site! I need accountability.
                    Last edited by Rava; June 20, 2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

QW, that is the best quote for the café! Hey Cowboy, I think we should have a sign made of it and hang it on the wall of the café! Where did you find it, QW?

My son and grandkids were over yesterday. It was great to see them and easy enough to social distance with the nice weather. My gdaughter asked to spend the night. I said it was up to Pop pop. He surprised me and said yes. He thought it would be safe enough. Of course she didn't get to sit on his lap or kiss him goodnight, but it was great anyway. Her bedroom is well away upstairs and there is a separate bathroom up there too. One step closer to normal!

Rava, those urges come out of nowhere sometimes! Stay strong.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, my aunt tested positive for covid. She's having TIA's pretty regular so her confusion is terrible. Last night she slapped the aide trying to give her meds then turned up missing! She went out her sliding door and was walking down a busy street when the police found her. They are locking her in her room now. This is just horrible! Talking to her on the phone only calms her a few minutes. Heaven help us!

Another 24, PLEASE!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, sorry to learn of your aunts Covid diagnosis plus TIA issues. Challenging times for everyone and no doubt a feeling of helplessness. Stay strong.

Dill, glad you liked the quote. I found it on Reddit I think.

I get to see our Calgary family today! We’re doing Father’s Day a day early at a local restaurant. I hope to get a hug from my granddaughter but Covid precautions will be observed.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; June 20, 2020, 10:25 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for all the great quotes this week [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! As [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, it should be on a sign hanging in the Cafe, and so it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X