Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“To greet a lovely morning, we must leave the night behind.” ― Tarang Sinha

I really like this quote. It's short and simple, but contains a powerful message. Here's to many more lovely mornings!

Nice weather to be on the porch this morning. We've had 3 days of 90 plus temps and high humidity.It's the first official heatwave in 2 years. I've had enough! Uggh!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for all the encouragement regarding my friend. Hard hard visit but I’m glad I got to see her. She lives very close to my daughter so I will stop by again for another visit sometime next week. Brings back a lot of sad memories for me as I also watched my late husband literally disappear before my eyes with cancer many years ago. This is not the format for this but I am a huge supporter of assisted suicide. No one should suffer the ravages of cancer Or any other terminal illness without the option of a peaceful ending. Thats just my opinion. On a brighter note, I got to spend the morning with 3 of my grandkids. We had a picnic in their new clubhouse. Good day overall. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Oops! I somehow managed to post twice this morning. Looks like you did as well Rava! The site is a little funky this morning....really slow!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava I agree, glad you got to visit QW, thanks for saying to stay safe from the covidiots they're all over the place here, just a cockiness about wearing a mask and not even bothering to cover up sneezing and coughing, just throwing caution to the wind and it's pissing me off! I think TX is facing another shut down? My coworker is supposed to go visit her daughter in Waco on July 5 and stay 10 days, I wonder if she's gonna be able to and if that's even wise, aye aye aye this year really sux! 5:52 am in Vegas another 24!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, glad you liked that quote so much you added it to your signature! True words indeed.

Glad you saw your friend Rava and have another visit planned.

Off to see the bone cruncher this morning and then a visit with one of our kids in Calgary. We will practice social distancing even though many are not.

Have a great af Wednesday, stay safe, stay healthy and steer clear of the covidiots!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; June 24, 2020, 09:15 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please at 10:34 in yyc, rainy today but tomorrw its going to be sunny.

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

I like this quote! I went back and got it off your signature Dill.

Well I am off to my friend's cabin for a few day's. It is amazing, I have no thoughts of AL. A few years ago I would have been at the liquor store first thing making sure I had enough booze for my two day trip. Then I would spend 1/2 my time being hungover and the other half would be a blur. I don't miss that.

So sad about your friend Rava. xo

I am bringing my own bedding and have mask in hand, there is only two of us at the cabin so the Covid thing should be ok.

Have a good one everybody.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another beautiful day here! 24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good quote Narilly. Hope you enjoy your time with your friend at the cabin. QW hope you had a good visit with your kids yesterday. We have been taking bike rides in the evening. That really helps with my cravings for alcohol. I don’t understand why they are so strong lately. I have gone for months without thinking about it. Now the thoughts keeps popping up. So literally getting some exercise in the evenings seems to be working for now. I will keep it up to keep my sobriety in place. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” ― Steve Maraboli

Hang in there Rava! It's always been a mystery for me as well as to why thoughts is alcohol can come out of nowhere when you least expect it.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was going to do a post yesterday, but the site was so slow that I just gave up lol.

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], keep'em coming!

Enjoy your cabin time [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], who says you can't have fun without booze!!

How is your Aunt doing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]?

Those drinking thoughts can come from out of nowhere [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I was watching "Deadliest Catch" the other night and a commercial came on a number of times throughout the show about Sapporo beer. Man, it was like I could feel that cold beer sliding down my throat! It was bad enough that I didn't finish watching the show! I know that I'll probably always have the odd time when things trigger me, but hey, I don't drink anymore!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 25, 2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Rava, from my point of view I think knowing your friend is so sick, seeing her, all that's gone on in the world and is still going on is probably triggering you, in my history I can usually pinpoint what got the thoughts or feeling rolling, just ignore them and soon they'll pass as strong as they came on, I don't think it's so much the taste as in Cowboys commercial was trying to do but for us it's the feeling, the escape, the mind numbness etc that we crave, our governor put a mandate on wearing masks in places, it's gonna be hard to enforce but businesses can get fined and I don't want that! I'm in a fb group I joined when I was tired of being in lockdown, worst mistake cuz their attitudes are horrible yet I'm too nosey to leave or put them back on snooze like I had them haha, 5:47 in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote, Jude. You're finding some good ones this week!

My Aunt seems to be asymptomatic for the most part. She has a bad cough but not much else. Weird part, she's had that cough since last fall. Who knows, maybe it's a false positive. Our number of cases are down a bit. Mandatory face masks start tomorrow with a fine if you're caught without one any where there's other people. Hope that helps. Sure can't hurt!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X