No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge congrats on those 400 days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So sad about your daughter's coworker cowboy. Scary times....

Good quote today Slo. I've always been one to let thoughts consume me, which can soon lead to a relapse. Best to let those thoughts go!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas another 24,congrats on your 400 days QW
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was kinda feeling sorry for myself with this social distancing thing, then I called my 88 year old aunt that literally can't leave her assisted living apartment at all. Complete lock down, no visitors. Her TV isn't working, no one will fix it. She celebrated her 88th birthday locked up alone in her room. We talked on the phone for a long time and I promised to get her out for the day as soon as this was lifted. I hope that can happen soon!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

THURSDAY QUOTE:

“Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.”

Congratulations on your 400 days, QW! You can be proud of where one day at a time has gotten you.

And Drifty, you’re on your way now!

I have been feeling what I needed to feel this time -all the intense pain & regret & agony. I haven’t shied away from it this time. The “then letting it go” part has been much, much harder. But, I’m getting there. I’m trying.

I went and saw my brother’s apartment for the first time, and cleaned out his cupboards. He never let any of us visit him. His home was his fortress. It’s a very nice apartment! Spacious, comfortable, and with lots of light coming in, and a calming view of nature out the windows; a wide grass strip and then trees.
            I found and climbed the parking structure where he jumped from. Not sure if that was healing or not.
            I visited Beckett! Then was paranoid when I developed a sore throat in the evening. But, I think it’s just my hypervitaminosis A detox symptoms coming & going.

It’s chilling to learn that this Coronavirus is killing even young people, who I like to think are capable of fighting it off. But, not with compromised lung function it looks like. So very sad.

One foot in front of the other for another day, please.
            Last edited by Slo; April 3, 2020, 07:13 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Day 9 AF & Cig fre

Comment

Another 24 please, -15C in yyc.

Keep safe everyone! Way to go QW, the days add up fast
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Lots of sunshine outside today so a walk in nature will be in order!
                  24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the congratulations on reaching 400 days. I couldn’t have done it without the support and the encouragement we share here in the Cafe!

Cold but sunny here this morning. I ventured out to the grocery store at 7am and found mostly stocked shelves and very few shoppers. Then hit the pharmacy for old farts day and found the same thing. I was home by 8 so Jessie and I enjoyed an early walk.

Yesterday I participated in a webinar for Parkinson’s care partners/caregivers. It was good to get suggestions from a neurologist on how best to deal with the many situations we find ourselves in almost on a daily basis. Many days it’s like walking on eggshells. But, her advice that really hit home is don’t sweat the small stuff! And another huge take away from the webinar is that there are a lot of people worse off than we are. My hope for Mrs QW is that as the disease progresses, better meds are developed and a cure found.

Stay safe everyone and have a great af Thursday.

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; April 2, 2020, 11:28 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congrats on 400 days QW! Quite an accomplishment! :thumbsup:

Thanks for another great quote yesterday [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

Cold and rainy here this morning but at least it's not snowing!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-22C (-8F) this morning, insulated coveralls for me this morning as I have a few hours work outside this morning installing a cell signal booster...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much to report on in my world, life has really slowed down around these parts. Makes me kind of wonder if people realize how much time they waste doing things needlessly. Take groceries for example; how often did we run down to the store because we were out of one or two things? Now when we go out, we make sure we have everything on the list to get us through for at least a week. Maybe we'll form some better habits to practice when things settle down...

Comment

Another day of the same old same old. Yesterday I deep cleaned the entire condo. That gave me a sense of order and normalcy. Today I’m cleaning the refrigerator. It seems like without a routine I’m sliding into lazy and slug status. Watching the news less and less and distancing from everyone. Can’t find TP anywhere. This has been going on now for a month and still no TP. I’m down to 3 rolls. I don’t want to drive around from store to store searching for it. UGH. Crazy times for sure but not drinking today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Mr. D, Tessa and I took a walk in the woods yesterday and spotted some early spring wildflowers. Apparently they haven't got the word that everthing is shut down due to the pandemic! Or, perhaps they are considered and 'essential service. Either way, they were blooming undeterred! I thought I would share a picture of some delicate little Duchman's Breeches that we saw:

We're doing our grocery shopping by using order on line and then pick up services. We haven't been inside a supermarket in weeks.

Don't sweat the small stuff is sound advice. 24 more please for all of us.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“WE AEW NEVER ‘IN CONTROL’ OF ALCOHOL. IT IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL OF US. SAD TRUTH.”
                                -@byebyebridgetjones

I feel for your aunt, your mom’s twin sister, stuck in lockdown in assisted living, Ginger! I sure hope that she can go outside on the grounds at least. That would make it bearable.

Let me know if you need me to send you toilet paper, Rava. I have extra. And not because I stocked up -I just was stocked up beforehand! (Like, buying TP because I thought were running out, then finding out that what I had thought was packages of paper towels in the garage was actually TP.)

Too bad your temps plummeted below zero (F,...and C) on the day you have an outdoor job, Cowboy!

The pretty flowers popping up in the greenery just warmed my heart, Dill.

It is kind of nice to live a simpler life with no “retail therapy”. It looks like my brother who just died indulged in retail therapy to cope; to alleviate boredom, loneliness, & anxiety -like a lot of us do. He has an awful lot of tennis shoes, and new ones too.

It’s hard enough to be a caregiver without having to walk on eggshells, QW. I‘m so sorry that your daily experience is like that, when all you are being is loving & helpful. You really need your long dog walks in order to release the stress! But, I do understand it, from having to walk on eggshells with my MIL through her dementia. It was so frustrating.

Neo, good luck to you today for day #10!

I am going to have a sober, quiet day today.
                                Last edited by Slo; April 3, 2020, 07:42 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X