Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine." Mario Fernandez

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].....no, I didn't have to have an in person meeting with my counselor, most likely due to the corona virus. They are also waving insurance copays as well, which is really nice.

30 °F with snow and rain in the forecast for Mother's day. Geesh winter....go away already!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Love the quote this morning Jude. The pool party was a success. A few people tried to get me to take a shot. I just simply said its not for me because one shot is not enough. I floated around with my Diet Coke and everyone left me alone after that. I wonder why that was so easy for me yet the last time I caved and drank like a fish? I’m glad I resisted so I don't get the reputation as a party person. Damn brain is quite crazy. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Jude, that's great that they are making the telehealth counselling so much easier to access. And also, that is a great quote. Thank you. I go up this morning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was predawn and the moon was absolutely brilliant I hope you got to see it too.

How's the knee coming along, Ginger? Have you tried a telemed visit with your doctor? Seems to me you may have to go to an in-person appointment for it if it doesn't improve soon. Don't be afraid to go. My hb went and had his knee injection and the doctors office was well run and he was well protected. My son had a bout of severe poison ivy. He tried to manage it at home but it became systemic and he too had to go in person. But he was just fine. People need to stop being afraid to access medical appointments, IMO. But you must do what you feel is best for you, of course. :heartbeat:

Pauly have you been following the news story of the salon owner in TX who was jailed for going against the business closure order because she was going broke and needed the money to feed her kids? That's been a fascinating story to watch.

It's been an unseasonably cool spring here so far and we are looking forward to another night or two of killing frost. Looks like we will have to cover some of the plants we put out. We probably should have waited on putting them out, but it is just so hard to do!

How'd it go Rava?

QW, I love border collies. They do like to run!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross posted, Rava! I'm glad you had such a great success last night! I knew you could do it!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all, Dill yes I was watching her court appearance yesterday, people don't understand that hairdressers and barbers are hit really hard cuz most of us rent a chair which is basically being self employed and even though we don't"own" the actual business there's still no assistance, there was supposed to be a self employed unemployment implemented but they're not paying out, they haven't even paid out most regular unemployment claims here so I doubt self employed people will even see a dime, Rava, three cheers!! You did a great job getting thru the pool party Jude, awesome you have someone to talk to, I know my mental health is not in a great place right now, I feel ok then I burst out into tears the next minute, just such a sad time in the world, QW, I'm totally half and half on the reopening, I want/need to get back to work but I want/need this virus outta here! I don't want MORE people getting sick and dying then what? We just close again, maybe even more strict? What a gamble how's Mrs. QW been? Ok I hope, 5:40 am in Vegas another 24.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote, Jude!

Rava, great job!

Knee is not great. I'm not the least bit afraid of visiting the doc and plan to call first thing Monday, if it's not back to normal. Hubby suggested I give it 2 weeks of RICE first. Bad idea? I've not had knee issues before so I'm following his lead because he has. Clueless here!

Gorgeous sunny day here but we've been having our share of wind. Supposed to be 83°f here Saturday!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:03 in yyc, a rainy day today.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Late check in today. After a walk this morning Mrs QW and I met our Calgary family half way between for a visit. It was hard not to have a hug from the grandkids but it was better to see them in person.

Our Parkinson support group met via Zoom this afternoon, first time using that technology and it worked well. Until this virus has passed this might be the format for the next while.

Pauly, thanks for asking how Mrs QW is doing. Most days she’s able to do what she wants with little difficulty but then other days she struggles with basic things. Parkinson’s regularly steals a bit of a persons ability to do things, I find this a very frustrating part of being a care partner. I don’t recall who said this, but I find it true. Trust but verify!
                    Pauly it must be tough being self employed and being caught in the “I want to get back to work but don’t want to get the virus” situation. In Canada our government is spending money (which our grandkid’s grandkids will be repaying) like mad to provide a safety net for everyone suffering through this pandemic. Their plan isn’t perfect but it’s a relief to those who have lost their income.

Well done Rava at sticking to your Diet Coke.

Hey Ginger, hope your knee isn’t giving you much pain today. I’m looking forward to having cortisone injections in both knees to relieve the arthritis pain. I’m not sure when that might happen as the clinic is currently restricted to emergencies. Maybe if they could see what I go through putting on socks in the morning, they’d take pity on me and make an appointment for me!

Hope everyone is having/has had a great af Thursday.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking" Santosh Kalwar

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Friday everyone and thank for the positive thoughts on my successful pool party. I just wish every party would be that easy. Someday maybe it will. Great quote this morning! Dill I read something yesterday about poison ivy and thought I would share here. Don’t know if it works or not but worth a try. They say to take a brown paper lunch bag and cut it to the size of the poison ivy on your body (maybe have more than one area of course). Soak the brown paper strips in Apple Cider Vinegar and place over the itchy area until the wet paper bag dries, about 15 minutes or more. Its supposed to draw out the oils from your skin. Sounded like something I’m going to try next time I get it. Ginger, hope that knee gets better soon! Hope everyone has a great day. We have less than 2 weeks before we head outta here. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Woke up to raindrops falling on the camper roof, and almost went back to sleep lol. Definitely looks like one or two day break from seeding!

Great job on not drinking through the party [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you know you can do this even if your head tells you different!

I think some counselling never hurts anyone [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Good for you on reaching out for that bit of extra help!

Our daughter who is a phycologist up in Grand Prairie told us how it slowed down when this Covid thing first started. Then they were totally closed down for face to face and took appointments via telephone and Zoom, Facetime, etc. She told us that in the last couple of weeks they have gotten very busy again with people experiencing serious anxiety and substance abuse issues. It appears they’ll be able to go back to face to face meetings in the near future according to the government’s plan to ease lockdown restrictions.

Not much new on my front, just going back and forth from field to field keeping myself out of trouble lol. Hopefully by the time seeding season is over, things will be back to our new normal. Stay safe, and stay calm y’all, reach out for help before reaching out for a bottle!

Comment

Morning all, Rava I think ACV cures everything haha, my daughter had a terrible rash on her knee but didn't know what it was from put AVC on it a few times a day and it was gone in two days! Jude, love that quote! QW, glad she has some good days, sorry you're having such pain ouch when it's hard to even put socks on the governor here announced that salons can open Saturday with restrictions, wow I was stunned, think it's too early for that kind of "hands on" business, our owner isn't opening til May 21 tho, I just don't know what to think/feel about the whole thing, I hate making decisions waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Interesting quote today, Jude. I would never have thought of being "addicted to our thoughts" as a possibility, but the more I thought about it, the more I agreed with it. We actively and passively look for things that reinforce whatever our thoughts are that we believe to be true. It's important once in a while to really look at our thoughts/beliefs and analyze why we hold them; where they came from.

Cowboy, you may not think it some days, but you are one lucky cowboy! Your job is such a slice of heaven in many ways. Not to say there aren't aggravations, don't get me wrong! But being able to spend your days surrounded by such peace and beauty.... I was wondering tho, what about the noise levels?

QW, in our country too the government is doing what it can to mitigate the financial burden caused by the lock down on workers and businesses small and large, but it is far from perfect. It really would be impossible to mitigate each and every situation given the complexity of the problem, the size of the nation, and the variations in local governments and private sector practices. I suspect there are lots of people whose situations just don't fit into the solutions being offered.

Pauly, thanks for giving me the tutorial about how your occupation works. I often wondered about that. I hope you can get back to business soon and safely.

Ginger, I don't know any magic solutions for the knee problem. I'm just sorry you're having to deal with it. :hug: Mr. D has the same problem and recently went in for a cortisone shot. Usually they work like a charm and he has relief for several weeks, but this last shot didn't work for more than a week! What's up with that?! He's frustrated and on top of that he's in pain. He's going to have to go back to see his doc and see if he can find out what's going on.

Rava, I will try that brown bag, ACV trick next time. I wonder if it works on itchy bites as well.... I bet it will work! Thanks.

Hello Narilly!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X