~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Slo! So glad to have you back in the cafe! We missed you! Loved the quote! I still struggle with a lot of guilt over my actions in the past. It helps to talk with my counselor, but I'm still having a hard time letting things go.

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the great quote/reminder Slo! It's so good to have you back. :welldone: I'll pick up my QD next Sunday and will relax and enjoy this week.

Thanks for setting me straight in the PM Cowboy. I went back and found and reread the post about Slo.
      I don't see how I missed it! It was in the first paragraph for goodness sakes!

Letting go and forgiving ourselves for things we've done in the past is a work in progress. Most times I am successful but every now and again...

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; May 24, 2020, 05:16 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning. So good to have Slo back and the like buttons! They both came at the same time! Ginger, I hope your son does not have Covid. Soaking up my last days in Florida as we head north early Tuesday morning. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready, help yourselves!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to have you back in the Café [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and with a timely quote for all of us!

Hopefully your son's test comes back negative [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and if it doesn't, hopefully the worst he experiences is the 14 days of isolation! How bad is the knee acting up? Your turn will come once elective appointments and surgeries start to catch up...

Are things still hectic at the salon [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? Are you still working the same times and days, or did you take this opportunity to change things up a bit?

Good to hear you're getting some time in with Homer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Animals can be wonderful counsellors all on their own. I'll never regret the time I spent with my counsellor, she sure helped me to get my mind on the right track!

What if? Two words that first came to mind when I read your quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], followed by I wish. We can what if and I wish ourselves to a total breakdown. The two words we should be using are I'm thankful…

Well, it's back to Vermilion for me today. I checked in with the farm boss yesterday and it sounds like things should be dry enough to get back in the field tomorrow. I won't be able to help out until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest as that house renovation that I started work on way back when is finally ready for finishing. So it's a couple of nights in Vermilion for me, then back to the camper. Hopefully we'll get a long stretch of good weather and finish up seeding. We've done 4500 acres of the 7000, so well over 1/2 is in the ground with the first fields already germinated and showing through the ground...

Comment

Oh ya, one other thing I forgot to mention... If you're using your phone to post [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], once you open MWO you should be able to scroll right to the bottom and click on "view desktop version" It should then open MWO in a smaller desktop version with all the features. And if you're having problems, ask [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], she's the bees knees with advice on phone posting!

Comment

Morning all, great to see you back [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] I understand the need for a posting break, yet when I try I'm back a couple of days later just cuz it's such a part of my morning routine, Ginger, we gotta remember that even tho c-vid is out there, we can still catch other things too, me and my daughter have both been feeling"off" dizzy, fatigue and just overall blah, she's scared of the virus but I think it's allergies or just a spring cold, I just hope your sons test comes up negative or else his work might force him into self quarantine, QW, just noticed the like/thanks last night! Woo hoo, Cowboy, some girls haven't came back yet so we've only been open from 8:30 to 4 I just tell people it's a soft opening anyways, 6:05 am in Vegas another 24 and wishes for a happy AF day for us all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome back, Slo!! How's your knee doing? Any medical words of wisdom? We sure did miss you. I thought of you often while you were away.

ABC, thanks for brekkie. I've switched to desktop view on my phone and it's so small, I need a magnifying glass to see it. Lol Guess you guys just have to know I "like" all your posts.

Son still has a temp but other than feeling crummy due to that, he's not feeling too bad yet. The whole family is quarantining until the test comes back. There's no guarantee that it won't be a false negative. We see a lot of that. Our area is still losing around 90 people a day to this pandemic. People here are ignoring recommendations and it shows in our death toll. Selfish idiots!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Just hopped over to desktop view. Buttons are tiny but text is readable so may try this view for awhile. Have a great Sunday all!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, your Cafe friends are beyond thrilled to have you back!

Cowboy, awesome brekkie this morning. Thanks. Jessie and I worked up an appetite on our walk this morning.

My 4 favourite words from economic development days were Why not? And What if?

Ginger, the term covidiots describes those who threaten their safety and the safety of others. This pandemic brought out the best in some, the worst in others.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Stay safe, stay well.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; May 24, 2020, 10:03 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:22 in Calgary, going up to +19C today, yippee!

I had my appendix out on Wednesday so have been MIA here. In recovery now, its all good
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Glad you’re on the mend Nar!

Hope you’re able to enjoy this beautiful weather, on your deck.

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; May 24, 2020, 12:12 PM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Monday quote:

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.”
                              -Iain Thomas
                              Last edited by Slo; May 24, 2020, 08:41 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Sorry about your appendix Nar. Hope that you feel better soon!

Thanks for the wonderful quotes so far this week [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Keep em coming!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X