No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Oh my gosh, Narilly! That must have been a shock to you! I hope you mend quickly.

I really like today's quote Ginger. I just finished reading a novel where forgiveness was one of the major themes, and understanding that what makes people hard sometimes is because of a pain they may have suffered early on in their life. It was one of the Mitford series.

We went to a garden center yesterday as more and more thiings are opening up here in Ohio. In fact, we are completely reopened here but with reduced capacities and special covid practices. I'm happy to say our Church opens today, too! Anyway, I bought a shasta daisy and a lemon grass for my herb/perennial bed. It was great to do something normal again!

But when we were leaving we had a hard time getting to our car as there were several police and police cruisers out in our area of the parking lot. They were gathered around the vehicle that was parked next to us and talking to a rather dazed looking lady. Eventually she exited the vehicle and was cuffed and put into a police cruiser. We were then able to get to our car and be on our way. She was definitely on something. She must've been driving erradically and drew attention. There but for the grace of God go I.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh my goodness, where are my manners?! I forgot to thank you for that wonderful Sunday breakfast Cowboy. It was delish! I'm still full.
        Enjoy the rest of you seeding. You're over the hump now it seems.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yikes [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]! I don't imagine that was much fun! Hope you mend up quickly...

Life does appear to be slowly returning to a somewhat normal, not as much hype going on either. That's one good thing about my drinking days [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I never got led away in handcuffs...

Off to do plumbing work today and tomorrow, and with rain in the forecast (60%) for tonight and tomorrow, I might have a day or two more off the tractor. I have a few more odd jobs to do that will keep me busy anyway.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Narilly, I'm sorry about your appendix, what happened? Are you ok? Big ((hugs)) Cowboy, people are trying to return to "normal" too quickly, I'm all for opening things up but with guidance and gentle hands, as QW said there's the covidiots who were flocking to the beach, pool parties and other places over the weekend in droves, no distance, no nothing and they're gonna ruin it for us all anyhoo 5:53 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nar, sorry to hear about your appendix. Yikes! Glad you caught it and are on the mend.

Slo, great quote and reminder.

Son is feeling better. No results back yet tho. Worst symptom for him at the moment are extreme body aches. Hopefully, hear today on the test.

Explored an area near us and found a cemetery built in the 1880s. There was a memorial to a family with their story. They lost five children in 1899 to diphtheria. As a parent, not sure how you survive that but this mom did. Thankful for vaccines and hoping there's one for covid soon.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s a beautiful day here with nothing but sunshine in the forecast for today with highs getting to the mid-70’s. Jessie and I were home from our walk by 7:30.

It’ll be interesting to see how people handle the re-opening of the economy in Calgary today. Our local stores will be less busy as Calgarians are able to shop at home.

My way of celebrating the re-opening of things was to shave the beard I grew during self isolation. All I need now is a haircut!

I, for one, will be glad when I don’t have to listen to We’re in this Together and Together We’ll Get Through This anymore.

Off to brekkie (won’t be as good as Cowboy’s offering yesterday) and then I have an appointment with the lawnmower.

Have a great af Monday everyone, stay safe and well.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. So sorry Nar about your appendix. hope you heal quickly! We decided to leave today to head north so I’m trapped In this car for a few days! Thanks for the breakfast yesterday Cowboy. Always good. Hope everyone has a good day and I will take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Tuesday quote:

“I thought I was broken and needed fixing. Not true! I was hurt and needed healing, a completely different concept.”
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Narilly, what a shock about your sudden appendicitis! You never know, I guess! Glad it was an uncomplicated surgery, sounds like.

I have just loved being able to get out on my bike again! -after a long Winter and a cold, late Spring, and that long convalescence after knee surgery again. And biking is better on my artificial knee than walking is, so yay for warm weather!

My knee is doing much better, Ginger! But I still need twice-daily NSAID-style pain pills, and still need to do some knee-strengthening exercises. It still swells, etc. I’m sorry that you have joined the club of knee pain and the resulting curtailing of mobility. Hopefully just an overuse injury for you that will heal up with time & rest.

Cowboy, I can see where it is hard for you to have to forgo the beer time at the end of the day of harvest. It’s at a vulnerable time when you’re spent, and hungry & thirsty. But, best of both worlds to spend some time with the guys, and then still have time to spend with Bubba and Hank.

I’m glad that I was lucky enough to never be led away in handcuffs in my drinking days either! I certainly have that to be very thankful for.

I guess a lot of people go hard and have to put on a shell in response to trauma early in life. I know this theoretically, but somehow in real life I just couldn’t quite always see that my now-dead brother was wearing a shell and protecting himself, and I would be hurt by his rebuffs and pull away. Even though I knew he had been traumatized! Duh! I guess part of the problem was that I too had been traumatized by the same person (mommy), so had my own problems and my own shell. *Sigh*

I might have to look into the Mitford series, Dill!
                      24 more for me.
                      Last edited by Slo; May 25, 2020, 10:07 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I hope you got better weather than we did here, Cowboy. Nobody is going to be doing any seeding in these soggy fields! And more rain is on the way! "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" (Famous line from 'Jaws')

Slo, the older I get the more I understand how important early childhood experiences are in shaping a person. But I believe with work, most can be overcome. I am sorry your brother never found the key to unlock himself and find peace.

Rava, safe travels!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

5:36 am in Vegas another 24,QW I absolutely hate"we're all in this together" dunno why but it makes my skin crawl, Slo, my brothers 3 year mark on his suicide passed may 21 but it's the 28th that freaks me out cuz that's when they found him and I found out, still have a dumb fantasy he'll come knocking on my door saying he was just out enjoying life, I hate that fantasy yet love it at the same time it's very weird how my mind works, speaking of work it's been a distaster cuz only half of us are working! One girl ain't coming back til September she said, one don't know what she's doing and one is getting more on unemployment I guess, meh who knows, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote, Slo.

We are headed toward the 90s the end of the week. Crazy hot for us. Hopefully some cool air will swing in from the coast last minute and it won't get that hot! Hoping!

Son tested positive for covid so his family is quarantined for 14 days. They've both been working through this pandemic so now they'll both need to switch to remote work. He's feeling "fine" now. Just a little sniffly but fever has broken. Hopefully he won't have a second round like some have.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X