~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Another hot hot hot day coming up. Speaking of pets, I have a lazy dog that has the smelling capability of a well trained police dog. He can sniff an M&M out of a sofa. He misses nothing!!! Sorry about walking on eggshells today QW. Sometimes we all have to do that! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Of course we have Hank, he'll be 11 in December. He's slowed down a lot, some medical conditions that we treat with meds, but he also has a nose that can find a trace of food anywhere lol
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

QW, hope today is better. Thinking of you and Mrs. Q.

Dill, I'm toying with the idea of getting a cat. We watched our son's cat for five days and it really sparked my "kitty fever".

Mr. V, we went to SD a couple of years ago. Loved that area too. Did all the local attractions, golfed and hiked. Good memories!

Hope everyone has an easy day! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, Winslow is 11 in December too! Ginger, I kept getting the sweetest stray cat coming into my backyard, through the dog door, etc but Winslow wents nuts barking at her so she hasn't been back, I'd have kept her tho for sure, I think her family moved away and left her cuz she was too docile and sweet to be a fun of the mill stray, they say our pounds are overflowing with animals to adopt but it's super hard to get an appointment! I wanted to get another dog but I'll just wait til an opportunity comes up, 6:03 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hoping for a less stressful day today.

I spoke with our neighbours last evening and decided to wait for them to ask about their daughter’s behaviour while they were away. The topic never came up so I said nothing. When the opportunity arises, I will mention that the boyfriends truck is still very loud.

I barbecued salmon last evening and Mrs QW commented it was the best she ever had. Funny, growing up in Vancouver, I hated salmon because my Mom felt obligated to serve it to guests. I’d come home from my summer job, walk in the house, smell salmon and wonder who the hell was visiting now!

Pets make us better people, don’t they? Jessie is a rescue, our second, although I dislike the term rescue. Who rescued who? Good for everyone who gives a good home to an animal who needs one.

I had to look at the photos from our visit to Sturgis. Beautiful country! Mr V, is the Corn Palace still operating? I recall seeing billboards for 100’s of miles advertising it so we just had to see it.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone, watch out for the covidiots!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Pumpkin is adorable dill! I love orange cats!

Four more days until vacation! We aren't leaving the state, but plan on doing day trips, one of which is to head up to the Thousand Islands. I absolutely love it up there!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

70F already, another hot and muggy one, dog days of August here.
                  24 more please.

Comment

24 more please and thank you. Have a great day everyone.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and another 24 for me please and thank you. PS. QW I think the neighbors didn't mention it because either they didn’t want to know or they figured that you would tell them if anything was wrong. Its kind of like if you don’t say something then nothing happened. That’s a good way to avoid the topic. LOL

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION]68 [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, we did a cruise at Thousand Islands one year, what an amazing place! Enjoy the day trips. Your part of New York is beautiful.

We spoke with the neighbours about a bunch of things last evening but again the subject of how their daughter behaved never came up. Rava, you’re probably right, they haven’t asked because they don’t want to know.

Off to see my bone cruncher this morning. Since I started riding the exercise bike instead of walking, I’m not having as much pain.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; August 12, 2020, 08:10 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Gkids coming this morning with the new puppy that our dog doesn't like. Should be fun, not.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, short day trips sounds like a great, low stress vacation plan. I have never been to the Thousand Islands, but I bet it will be fun! In my book a vacation doesn't feel complete if it doesn't include a boat, train or plane ride of some sort. Do you ride a ferry to island hop?

QW, I too think that the neighbors would rather have their illusions and would rather not know.

Ginger, did the dogs get along?

I'm searching for zucchini recipes this morning. 24 more, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; August 13, 2020, 05:03 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X