~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....thanks for the reminders that Spring is on its way. Yes, we have had 3 major winter storms within 2 weeks, with the possibility of another one in a few days, but as you mentioned in your last post, there are signs that things will turn around. The days are longer, and a lot of the migrating birds are back. I looked out the window yesterday, and saw a red-winged black bird sitting on a fence. He (or she) was covered with snow, yet still he sang.

I have a lot to be grateful for, and looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
      —J. Pierpont Morgan

QW, I am so sorry to hear of your fall. I hope you recover quickly from your injuries and that this winter weather comes to a close soon! Hang in there!

LC, there are some hints of spring but winter is doing its best to stifle them! LOL My daffodils were just getting ready to open when we had such a cold night night-before-last that they froze! At least my crocuses had time to bloom before that happened! The other day we had a typical March pattern of thick ,clouds moving rapidly across the sky and showering heavy precipitation alternating with bright periods of sun. But instead of rain showers, it was snow showers! It would have, could have been a day filled with rainbows if the temp had been in the normal range! Crazy weather, but I did love that bright sunshine when it came periodically thru the day!

24 please, and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

cross-post, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! :happy2: Good morning!
        Last edited by dill; March 15, 2018, 05:30 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning dill!

Comment

Good morning fair ladies!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:02 am in Vegas,another 24 please Cowboy,I grew up where it snows and also lived in Utah so I've built my fair share of snowmen(and snow women haha)
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

GMAE all! Some light sun shine here in Jersey at just after 8 am. Sitting at 32f right now with rain expected later.
                [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], hope you bounce back from your fall pretty quickly!

Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your fall QW! That is one downside to spring, the freeze/thaw cycle that forms all that ice! Then a dusting of snow overtop and it's an accident just waiting to happen!

Building snowmen was so much fun, and the snowball fights lol. And you're right Pauly, I remember when we used to try and build "Dolly Parton" snowmen in the highschool yard lol.

LC, I have 2 signs that spring is here, when Gertrude & Gus and Harry & Harriet arrive back to nest, and when I see the robins back. It hasn't happened yet lol.

It's supposed to be well above freezing today, might just get started on that overhead door for the tractor shed!

Acceptance and admittance, always the first step...one foot in front of the other eh!

Comment

Fly-by
                      24 more please

Comment

Good Morning Cafe!

It is four weeks today. Day 28. I won't be drinking, so it's a done deal.

I like the quotes, Dill. I've read them each day, but been short on time after posting in other threads.

QW, I pulled my back yesterday, so I'm with you in injury. At least we weren't drunk and having to deal with a hangover as well.

Have a good day, all.
                        The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Crusader, hope you’re not in too much discomfort with your sore back. I kept a low profile today as the aches and pains restricted my mobility a fair bit. I walked on the treadmill instead of tempting fate by walking on the freshly fallen freezing rain.

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Spring can’t come soon enough!!!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. ~Tecumseh

Originally posted by Crusader
                            I like the quotes, Dill. I've read them each day, but been short on time after posting in other threads.
                            No worries! I don't always comment on the quotes either. The important thing is being here at MWO, signing in for another day. :happy2: Seeing others sign in and knowing I am not alone is really what matters to me! I hope your back is improving. Take it easy out there! And :goodjob: CONGRATS on your 28 24's!

Ditto to you QW! I hope you are recovering from your injuries. Walking on the treadmill was a good choice for now, but I know that you would prefer to be walking outside with your 4 legged friend!

IKEA. I have never bought anything from IKEA because I do not like the assembly. But yesterday Mr. D and I offered to assemble a cabinet for a friend who bought it but then took ill and was unable to assemble it. It took 2 1/2 hours but I must say, it wasn't as difficult a task as I thought it would be and the finished piece is beautiful!

24 more please.
                            Last edited by dill; March 16, 2018, 05:56 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Good quote dill! At times we all take so much for granted, and it's often difficult to differentiate what we want from what we need.

7:19 am in N.Y. and snowing.......here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

7:30 am here in Jersey. Day dawns sunny and cold, 32f and I'm seeing that they are talking about another nor'easter heading for the mid-Atlantic/northeast. With all the snow everyone has been seeing we've been pretty lucky in my little corner of Jersey but we'll see what this 4th nor'easter brings. Committing to another 24!
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I've found most things aren't as difficult as we believe them to be at first blush. In terms of furniture assembly I've generally enjoyed the process of putting the puzzle together but I guess that's just a different perspective. lol
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X