~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Had a post all typed out, posted it and lost it when I went back to edit. Doing this on my phone is cranky!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool, wet start to the day here too Cowboy.

Our annual furnace and air conditioning service is getting done this morning by a firm in Calgary. I feel bad for the technician having to do some outside work today. We’ve dealt with this company for the last 5 years because of their excellent customer service. At 7:30 this morning the tech called to say he was on his way. His company emailed a biography of the technician and outlined the precautions they are taking during the pandemic.
      And they do good work. The original installation of the AC was botched by a local firm so as much as I believe in supporting local, I’m making an exception as far as the servicing is concerned. And when we need to replace the furnace or AC, this firm will have the first opportunity to do the work.
      As I’ve frequently said, it doesn’t matter what you make, what you sell or what service you provide - you’re in the people business. And businesses who look after their clients will stand a much better chance of succeeding.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:56 in yyc.

Cool here today, I am about 1/2 hr West of QW

QW, I thought about you when I was looking online to buy something. I thought- I should buy local, just like QW said, and i closed the browser. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a good one everybody.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Last night we went to a restaurant and actually ate inside!!! It was amazing. The owner had every other table open to the public. So half the crowd and some tables and chairs were in the parking lot. It was the first time I felt pretty normal. All the servers were wearing masks. They did a great job with their customer service. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That sounds awesome, Rava! Thanks for reporting. Our restaurants open for outdoor service on May 14 and then indoor services on May 21. They will be following distancing and sanitizing guidelines. I.'m looking forward to the step towards normal.

24 more please and thank you
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              @Juse58 [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! You're probably wondering why I'm thanking you lol, but it's because you made me stop and think about how nice it is being out in the field! I can almost see the leaves opening up on the trees, and everything turning green throughout the day. All it takes is one comment to change the way you think, and that my friends is why I love coming to the Café each and every day!

This new tractor is amazing quiet and the whole cab is on an air suspension so it's a very smooth ride. Of course there is some noise, but it's pretty low on the decibel level. It can make for drowsy times though after 12 - 14 hours in the field lol.

It's good to see things finally opening up, some things in Alberta have been allowed to open with a majority given the green light for May 14th. I'm not sure if making the safety procedures the responsibility of the businesses is the right thing, maybe the responsibly should be on the patrons...

Thanks [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for the great quotes this week!
                Last edited by abcowboy; May 9, 2020, 07:09 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

"See: it’s a never-ending upward spiral. And if you think at any point you’re allowed to stop climbing, I’m afraid you’re missing the point. Because the joy is in the climb itself." Mark Manson

28°F with an inch of snow on the ground. What the hell???:rant:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Think it goes both ways Cowboy, both patron and owner are responsible to keep the virus from spreading, of course we'll have people who either have an attitude about wearing face coverings or people who have been living under a rock and don't know what the guidelines are, I know if I go back to that shop there's gonna be a lot of "policing" the customers, the tractor sounds cozy but I agree it probably would make me tired too haha Rava, I'm looking forward to breakfast out with hubs again but will probably wait a bit just cuz I know everyone else is eager too so the lines will probably be long(six feet apart of course) see how it goes and pray, pray, pray c-vid doesn't spread like wildfire with this soft opening,5:28 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well this happened.... the mayor of our town of Selah, WA put out a proclamation yesterday that Selah is opening up and going against the governor's stay at home orders. Anyone that wants to open their business back up is invited to do so. Our county currently has the highest per capita cases of the virus on the west coast so this is disturbing. Could this opening have anything to do with the fact she owns two restaurants in town. Hmmmm Guess we will see what happens.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly stay safe when you go back to work. I don’t envy people who work with the public at the best of times let alone now in a pandemic.

Ginger, you sound as cynical as me! Gee, why would anyone want to expose people to this virus? Money? Nah, couldn’t be. Always follow the money trail to see what motivates people!

Cool but sunny here as we head out the door for a walk. Our furnace servicing showed major repairs required and likely replacement. Good thing I don’t waste money on al anymore!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:26 in yyc. Sunny day today.

Ginger- that is disturbing. Please stay safe.

have a good one everybody.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I don't think it's being cynical Ginger and QW I think it's just too soon for some things/places to open, as I said I think our governor is making a bad choice by opening some of these businesses, especially haircut joints yikes! Common sense would say that's a bit too close for comfort, I just don't know
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

In honor of all the moms today!

Happy to be here asking for another 24.

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X