X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

I've got the Café all set up to maintain social distancing complete with hand sanitizer and gloves, so it's a great day to re-open!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], the onus is on everyone to keep each other safe!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I may be radical here but my feelings are open up and be safe. We know what social distancing is along with proper hand washing, sanitizer, etc. We can’t continue to hide from an airborne virus and we can’t afford to wait for a vaccine. Those that are worried should stay home and those that are healthy need to work. This whole pandemic is playing with our emotional health as well. So many differing opinions. Thats what makes this world go around. Wishing a Happy Mothers Day to those on this site. We are having heavy rain today but at least its warm. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Awesome quote, Ginger! I am grateful that I was blessed with a good mother.

Thank you Cowboy for that Mother's Day greeting! You're the bees knees! I wish I could drive those huge harvesters, but I'm pretty certain I would end up with abstract art crop circles if I were at the helm! Do you listen to podcasts, music, books or radio while you drive?

Rava, it's crazy that this virus has, like everything else these days, become a political issue. So I find myself hesitating to write about it anymore here. But I will join you on your limb. Well stated, IMO Ohio is a state that has moved toward cautious reopening. I admire and appreciate our governor's approach. We will have to see what happens next, but I will not fault him in any event because he has such a weight on his shoulders and he is truly doing his best. I will do what I can to keep myself, may family and friends safe. One thing I will do is pray that things go as best they can and that we can continue to move forward.

Jude, thank you for a week of excellent quotes. You did a great job. I know some weeks of QD are harder than others depending on your emotional health as well as current events. I know I struggled with it last time because of the covid. I think you threaded the needle exceptionally well. :heartbeat:

Howdy, QW, Ginger and Narilly!

24 more, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; May 10, 2020, 07:44 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I must admit that I go back and forth. Open with caution and back to staying home staying safe. Usually the change comes when I hear of someone I know personally affected by the virus. This time it's my niece's mother-in-law. She tested positive yesterday. In the end, I do agree with you, Dill, we can't hide from a virus, it's out there and not going away!

Happy Mother's Day. Stay well everyone! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's! Ginger I'm totally in agreement with you that I'm split in half, I posted that in the nest a couple of weeks ago too, I see too many people desperate to get back to work, it doesn't help that our state wasn't prepared for the explosion of unemployment claims and some people still haven't received any in nearly two months, Dill I'm with you and don't understand how it became a political issue but it sure is, like you I will pray alot for everyone 5:51 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Mother’s Day to the Moms in the Cafe. Hope you enjoy!

Stay safe and af everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 9am in yyc, Snow on the ground, surprise!!

Tough times for so many people Pauly xo.

Don't drink today everyone.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Monday thought....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote Ginger! Sometimes we just have to stop, look around, and be grateful for everything that we have.

Hello to all in the cafe!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Monday. Good quote Ginger. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good reminder, Ginger! Thanks.

Did I ever mention that our well finally passed inspection? Last week we got the official stamp of approval from the health department! Yay!

Not gonna drink today, except for my coffee and a thermal cup full of fresh, old well water!

24 for us all!
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! It's amazing how fast things can be taken away from us, so we really need to be grateful every single day!

Normally [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I can do some reading, or even type out a post while the tractor is on auto-steer from one end of the field to the other. But there is nothing normal about this year, not even farming lol. There are so many low spots that still have water in them that you're always watching ahead of you so you don't get stuck. This year I have the radio tuned to the local C&W station for some pleasant background noise lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X