~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Life is change, some are great, some are not and some are harder than others. I hope you find a good home for Homer very soon, Jude.

Today is our granddaughter's 9th birthday. That falls into the "where does the time go?wbucket! It will be an alcohol-free celebration. In fact I was just thinking as I wrote that, I don't even have the slightest desire to have alcohol at family celebrations any more. They are much better enjoyed with clear heads and the memories are so much sweeter!

Have a great AF day everyone.

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Sorry about Homer Jude. I’m sure this is hard for you. Dill, Happy Birthday to your 9 year old Granddaughter. Pickles turned out great. They are so easy! I have included the recipe in case anyone wants to try them. Bread and Butter Pickles - Recipe Girl. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Homer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], any chance he'll end up with the police?
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry Jude Dill, hope your granddaughter has a happy birthday 5:51 am another 24! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Jude, my heart goes out to you. Hoping you find Homer the perfect home. Hugs

Enjoying the coastal temps. Furnace is running this morning. It was only 55°F in here. Brrrrrrr Back home it is supposed to be 102°F today and 105°F tomorrow. Its crazy that a 4 hour drive can change the temps so much. This was the perfect time to escape!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Like many others in the Cafe, we love having the grandkids come for a visit but at the end, we often comment that there’s a reason we have them when we’re young!

Jude, tough to say goodbye to a friend. I’m sure you’ll find a great home for Homer. And don’t forget that you did what’s best for him and you. If I’m not able to find a reasonable solution for exercising Jessie, we may have to look at finding her a new home. She’s too good a friend not to do what’s best for her.

I consider myself to be a care partner, not a care giver, for Mrs QW although that role will likely change in the future. One of my main motivators in giving up alcohol was to make sure I could be there for Mrs QW. Now I need to ensure that physically I look after myself so that I don’t end up in need of care myself.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe and away from the covidiots out there!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; July 29, 2020, 08:22 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words regarding Homer. Tough decision to make.....

QW... I sure hope that you can find a solution to Jessie's exercise needs! Have you considered hiring a dog walker? Not sure how much they charge but it might be something to look into.

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

QW, I like the concept of 'care partner' rather than care giver. It's clear why your marriage has survived the test of time. Caring for each other's needs is reciprocal, undoubtedly.

Granddaughter had a wonderful birthday. She would like to have stayed another night but I'm afraid I was just too exhausted after the events of the day and having her for the three nights. I told her she could come back in just a few days tho. This covid era has been so hard on kids. Where she lives (an apartment) her friends and play opportunities are limited. Over here she has the run of the farm and has the dog and the cat to play with. There are no children her age around, but she makes do and enjoys the freedom of the outdoors. My grandson at least has a work opportunity that gets him out of the apartment, so he has less need of coming here.

Rava, thank you for the recipe. I am going to give it a read. I love bread and butter chips, especially on a ham sandwich. Mmmm!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, thanks for the pickle recipe. I printed it and will be buying the spices that we need today. Our farmers market is tomorrow so I’ll get the pickling cucumbers and make my favourite pickles this weekend.
                            I have a very old cutter for pickles that I think was my grandmothers. I’m looking forward to using it.

Jude, a dog walker is an option we’re considering. Last evening I said the heck with it and took Jessie for a walk. We both needed it! It’s been too hot for our neighbours to walk and they’re leaving on holidays today so I will do my best to keep us both active.

I saw a true covidiot at my medical appointment on Tuesday. An older lady had a horrific cough and every time she coughed she lowered her mask and coughed into her hand which she then put on the chair arms. Fortunately a staff member witnessed this, spoke with her, moved her into a cubicle away from everyone else and then disinfected the area where was sitting.

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

24 more at 5:40 am
                                Pitted and froze 25lbs of cherries yesterday. Eat 'em year round. Now onto pickles, lol.
                                Doc appt. today.
                                Covidiots everywhere. Some people just have no common sense, others willfully ignorant.
                                The worst are those that wear their masks with their nose out, or down even further. Like having a pissing corner in a swimming pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X