No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

55°F with wind and rain this morning. Good day to stay inside!

QW...the home that you had near Jasper sounds heavenly! :heartwings:

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

QW, I can almost smell that fresh baked bread! I wish you were my neighbor.

This seems to be the year of the white pumpkin. My neighbor gave us one and I was taken by surprise. I had never seen one before. Then I started seeing them among the orange ones out in front of Kroger and Walmart. When we passed our white pumpkin along to our granddaughter my son said, "What's with the white pumpkins this year?!" Anyone else having this experience? In a year where everything has been turned on it's ear by covid, it's funny I think.

Let's all enjoy the day! 24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Don't give up on this year. Keep fighting for the good. Keep showing up. Keep loving. Keep giving back. Keep being kind. Keep being brave. Keep caring. Keep trying new things. Keep showing grace. Keep on. The world needs you to believe in the good." - Rachel Marie Martin

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I haven't been in any grocery stores since moving to Veg [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so I'm not sure if there's white pumpkins up in these parts or not. Actually, I guess you can call me a Covidiot because I hate wearing those masks! I find them hard to breathe through and they make my glasses fog up. Most of the stores in Veg require you to wear a mask, so I just do my shopping elsewhere.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I’d be happy to share some great places to see in Jasper. Back in my working days, in the summer, I would often go back to the office after supper and work for a couple of hours and about 9pm, head out to the park, climb part way up the side of a mountain and watch the sunset.
              I never took for granted that the park and the mountains were my backyard and that millions of people travelled from all over the world to visit.
              My apologies if I’ve already shared the photo of Athabasca Falls in Jasper. It’s one of my favourite places in the park.

Great quote Cowboy.
              I too find mask wearing to be a pain, especially when glasses fog up. Our town council still hasn’t passed a by-law making mask wearing mandatory but it’s coming. I do my best to wear one and have resorted to removing my glasses at times. Like everyone else, I’ll just be glad when this is over.

Pauly, glad your co-worker survived Covid. Amazing considering her other health issues.

Our neighbours shovelled our driveway yesterday after walking Jessie, ever nice not to have to go out and deal with it. Our neighbour usually puts our snow tires on for us and since we have snow on the ground, I’ve offered the use of our garage to do his 3 vehicles plus ours so he can stay dry and not be out in the elements.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; October 24, 2020, 07:47 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yep, I use glasses at work sometimes when I do men's haircuts and they fog up something fierce! Have to take them on cuz we're absolutely required to wear the masks, Dill, I hadn't noticed but now I'm sure I'll see white pumpkins everywhere haha, I really haven't seen too many pumpkins now that I think of it, seems most of these stores have jumped to Christmas already, too early for me for that, QW, you have the best neighbors! 6:04 am in Vegas and I'm ready for the clocks to change now, tired, 24 more for me hope everyone enjoys their day
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep! Lots of white pumpkins around these parts too, as well as, tons of warty ones. They are kinda ugly but cool at the same time.

More crazy to come around here! Our g-daughter is moving with a two week delay moving into her new place. We will be keeping her two cats during that time. Ginger will love this! Pushing our migration south until after Nov 11 now, if we go at all. Time will tell!

24 more!

Comment

Saw this guy in the road the other day....I think that he's got his "hens" mixed up!

Comment

24 more please...

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

A nice hot breakfast for a chilly morning, it's -12C (10F) here this morning!

Comment

Jude, what a wonderful picture! Thanks for sharing. Maybe the turkey was really a rooster dressed in a turkey costume for Halloween!

Cowboy, I would never dream of calling you a covidiot! I have only been on the outside of those stores myself as we have been benefitting from the curbside grocery pickup ever since covid came around. I have run into some stores on occasion but it is quick in, quick out when I do. So my mask is always handy in the car for quick stops like that. Thanks for the awesome breakfast! You're the best.

Ginger, I love your upbeat attitude. You're living the song I used to sing when I was a child: Que Sera, Sera; What will be will be.

For the record, I prefer orange colored pumpkins. The color is just more Fall-like.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; October 25, 2020, 07:07 AM.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

45F cloudy
                              Ah, Doris Day, Cincinnati born!
                              Sister and BIL here for 2 nights, made prime rib for dinner, it was wonderful, lol!
                              White pumpkins, hmm...
                              Thanks for the photos, Jude and QW, Japser looks spectacular, I've never been, on the bucket list.
                              I have no problem wearing a mask, as I only do it when running into a store, I usually forget, and have to backtrack halfway through the parking lot to get it,lol.
                              24 more please.

Comment

Mr. V I've gotten to the point where I feel naked without my masks haha! I wear it all day at work, then while doing my grocery gig so it's on more than off these days, prime rib sounds good! Cowboy, that's a cooooold morning! Ginger, enjoy the cat haha, Jude cute pic, 6:10 in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X