~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quote and inspiring story [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Your strength and commitment to sobriety is amazing!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story/advice, QW.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the comments about my story of dealing with tough situations. And you can also use this technique for good situations. What’s the best that can happen? How would I respond to that? What’s the next best thing that can happen and how would I respond to that? Plus, having a positive outlook doesn’t hurt, eh?

It was unseasonably warm yesterday, 12C, so Jessie and I walked twice for a total of 10kms. We were both bagged last evening.

Looks like another egg shell walking day today. Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

Slo, congrats on 500 days!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; December 4, 2019, 10:53 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congrats, Slo! That's a huge milestone and you should be very proud.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Every time you’re tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. Deepak Chopra

It comes down to how we show up, doesn’t it? Our attitude determines so much of what happens to us.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; December 4, 2019, 11:16 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. QW, I want to be a pioneer of the future for sure! Slo, congrats on 500 days/. Look how far you have come! I remember starting this journey with you but i fell off a couple of times and you kept going. So proud of you! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Another thoughtful and encouraging quote, QW. Thank you.

We are getting a new roof this week! Today is day 3. What a lot of banging and commotion there is to getting the old shingles off! I was surprised that they would do the roof in December but the contractor said it's actually a better time to do it without the sun and heat bearing down on the crew and melting the shingles. But I felt sorry for them yesterday. Cold is one thing, but wind is a whole other thing! And yesterday was windy here! They workmen had the option to go home if it was too much for them I, but they decided to stay. Today the weather is supposed to be quite fair.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

32F with an orange sky this morning. Clear and fair today.
                  Huge congrats on the 500 Days, Slo! Proud of you!
                  Yes Dill, sure was windy yesterday! About got blown off my bike riding, felt like climbing hills.
                  Headed out of town to Colorado, so probably be a few days before I check-in again.
                  24 more

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) with some serious to do this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats Slo!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on 500 days, Slo!

More snowbirds arrive here everyday and most have bad weather stories to share about the drive. You guys stay warm and safe in that blustery cold and snow!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Our potential snow fell as rain last week, so no snow here. It was very windy yesterday! That would be hard for the roofers, when it’s a hard job already. Today should be better for them.

Best wishes for your ski vacation, Mr. V!

Thanks, everyone! It feels good to get this far and finally leave AL behind, where it needs to be for me. I remember when we started as quit buddies too, Rava; and we’re still quit buddies!

I hope you got a good night’s sleep last night, Pauly. It makes a huge difference to me if I don’t. I have been prioritizing sleep lately.

Plodding along here, and going for another AF day!
                          Last edited by Slo; December 5, 2019, 08:39 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congrats on 501 days now Slo! 5:42 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cold here this morning with a bit of snow over the next few days.

I gave our granddaughter a weighted blanket after hearing good things about them. She has trouble staying asleep and every night used to crawl into bed with her parents. Apparently since the blanket went on her bed, she’s slept through the night. I also bought one for Mrs QW as she has restless leg syndrome, another side effect of her Parkinson’s and she says the blanket has helped her too. Money well spent!

Off to do some shopping this morning. Remember to buy local when you can. Small businesses are the backbone of our economies!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; December 5, 2019, 09:39 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

No internet all day until now. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X