Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

“It's not always about what we talk about that matters, just being here for each other when we need it has to count for something....“
    Cowboy, in my opinion, you’ve summed up what the Cafe is about. My Cafe friends were supportive when I last relapsed. I was grateful for that support and it’s played a huge part in me staying away from al. I hold myself accountable. And I know if I slip, I can return to the Cafe and not be ashamed to admit my mistake.

I look forward to my Cafe visits every morning. They usually occur after I’ve walked the dog. I sit in my favourite chair and enjoy the first cup of coffee of the day, reading what’s new with my Cafe friends.

I hope Slo finds what she’s looking for. If posting on Roll Call does it for her, great. I used to post there as well as here and Newbies Nest but I find the Cafe provides everything I look for - non-judgemental friendship, insight, the sharing of life experiences. The Nest was great but it was too much at times for me. I admire the long term abstainers there and here. They are proof beating alcohol can be done! I like to be reminded that I’m not alone dealing with everyday living and I appreciate the support I’ve received when I feel I’m walking on eggshells.

I look forward to hearing more from my Cafe friends on what’s going on in their daily lives. This is a stressful time we’re living in and more than ever, I think the Cafe is relevant as we work to keep the beast at bay.

Mr V, safe travels! The Dakotas are an amazing place. I’ve visited twice and look forward to returning one day.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; June 14, 2020, 11:25 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one

How true. We’ve often talked about how we can’t change the past so why not leave it and move on?

I came across this second quote recently and while it doesn’t fit with the quotes we see here, I thought it very relevant to the current situation in much of the world.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King Jr.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Wow QW two great quotes for the price of one! Thank you!

Slo...I'm so sorry that you are leaving us, and I hope that you find what you are looking for.:hug:

Have a great time in the Dakota's Mr. V! I've never been there but would love to visit someday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for both quotes, QW. There comes a time to turn the page and start the new chapter. I also liked the MLK quote. I wish there was an MLK figure that could step up and lead us out of these dark times.

Our new cat seems to like his new digs. We have introduce him to Tessa, but he didn't seem to like her. It will take time. She is a good dog and has no animosity towards cats, so eventually I hope the cat figures that out!

I too am comfortable with the atmosphere here in the café. I used to be on a thread that I felt I had to address each person with a comment every time I posted. I found that became too much for me. I like the comfortable pace in the café.

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; June 15, 2020, 05:23 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good mooring Cafe. I agree that some threads post too much information and when I participated I felt inferior because I just could not address every persons issues. I found it to be stressful but I still wanted to participate in some way and stay connected. I came to this thread and felt comfortable sharing as little or as much as I wanted. I feel like I know each one of you but don’t always comment on the details. I appreciate the support I receive when I slipped over the winter. I feel like you have my back in a virtual way! LOL. Hope everyone has a great and AF Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Café!!
                I've had a really hard time getting to this thread so I'm just going to sign up for another 24 hours and then try to go back and read..
                Wishing you all a good Monday.. 24 af hours for all of us!xx

Comment

Excellent posts! QW, love the quotes oh how true they are, very fitting for these times, I think everyone's posts are valuable and I do read them, just most often I comment on something I can relate to or just something that stuck in my brain at that particular time, I never meant to overlook anyone's post and make it feel invaluable, that's not how it is at all. Also, I'm in a place with alcohol that I really don't wanna read about horror stories about it, to me even the bad times are"triggery" not really a trigger to drink but get me thinking about alcohol and the scary life I lead with it it the past, I like having it in my rearview mirror and not relevant now, even though yes it's an anti alcohol site and if I'm needing support I'll ask and give if anyone needs it, 6:04 am in Vegas another 24!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love both quotes today, QW and I'm with Dill, we need someone like MLK to help us through this time.

Wish I was full of profound wisdom to share with all of you this morning but I don't. I'm just happy and thankful for all of you here in the cafe.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, that’s another great feature of the Cafe. As Pauly pointed out too, we don’t need to be full of wisdom every day (I’ve been accused of being full of something else!) nor do we have to comment on every post. We all bring our experiences, struggles, wishes and plans and I’m grateful we feel comfortable sharing.

A sunny but cool start to the day after severe thunderstorms yesterday.

Have a great af Monday everyone! Stay safe & well.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 12:10 in Calgary.

Nice day here today.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be Wayne Dyen

An important thing to remember. One day at a time, right?

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Great quotes, QW, thank you.
                            Yes, one day at a time is what I know I can handle best. I know that I can deal with what this day holds for me!
                            So here's to 24 AF hours for all of us!

Comment

I too, am very comfortable here at the cafe! I love the laid back and drama free atmosphere here! Some days I just don't have a lot to say, but I read and appreciate everyone's posts. I'm grateful to have each and every one of you as friends.

Great quote QW! I'm so thankful that I'm not the same person that I was not long ago, but I guess that there's always room for improvement!

24 more please and thank you!
                              Last edited by Jude58; June 16, 2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Great quote QW. We are all better than we used to be since we stopped the madness!!! Getting off that hamster wheel has helped me tremendously with my whole outlook on life. Its cool today in the low 60s. Thats cold for these parts for June. Taking the dog to the groomer. He has to be sedated and I gave him his meds last night as prescribed. He slept like a baby and jumped out of bed all rested and a little too energetic! Now another dose and hopefully he will not bite the groomer! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X