~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dang, Slo. I'm so sorry to hear all this. That's a ton to work through. Sending thoughts your way.

Jude, what a bummer about Homer. Sorry

Great quotes, QW. Love the one you posted too, Dill.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION],your family sounds alot like mine, alkies all around! It's very heartbreaking to see them that way but they hafta choose to quit for themselves as we know, I think you sobering up opened your eyes to what was going on around you the whole time ((hugs)) and yes we are here to listen! Some days this thread is just a ask or statement for 24 more hours but if that's all we posted it would get pretty boring pretty quickly, I meant to comment on your uncle who you found out was your sober buddy that's awesome! At least someone else in your family is getting the benefit of sobriety as well as you yay! Jude, sorry about Homer waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all, 5:50 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie & I walked in cool wet conditions this morning and saw enough wildlife to keep her happy!

Jude, tough decision regarding Homer. Thinking about you.

A busy day, off to do some shopping then have an inspection done on the furnace we just had installed followed by more shopping.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; June 17, 2020, 10:10 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to take nothing Leo Buscaglia

When we kicked al to the curb, it felt like a huge risk, didn’t it? What would our drinking buddies think? Could we convince our alcoholic brains to let go? But we’re doing it, right? And it was worth the risk.

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; June 17, 2020, 09:16 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments about my decision to sell Homer. My goal is to find him the best home possible where someone will love him as much as I do.

Another great quote QW!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

I loved the quote, QW. I never looked at kicking al to the curb as taking a risk, but it was. I like to think of myself as a risk-taker, living life on the edge!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another rainy day here. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr & Mrs Dill!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; June 18, 2020, 06:16 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Dill! 5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Anniversary, Dill!

Had a great car trip yesterday to Moses Coulee. Off this morning with two grandsons to search for petrified wood. Wearing masks while in the truck. Just need an outing with those boys!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude I’m glad you came to a decision regarding Homer. I’m sure you’ll find him a new owner that cares about him as much as you!

Now that the rain has stopped, it’s time to plant the shrubs we bought. Looking forward to getting out in the yard.

Happy Anniversary to the Dill’s!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; June 18, 2020, 10:20 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Just because you took longer than others doesn’t mean you failed. Remember that!

I know a few times when I quit I was discouraged by the fact some people had successfully put together long periods of being alcohol free. It didn’t prevent me from trying and trying again, it just took me longer. And here I am at Day 478.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Congrats on 478 days QW! It's not always about how long it takes to get sober, but maintaining an AF lifestyle is the key.

Happy anniversary dill!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and great post QW. Some of us just have to do it the hard way! Happy Anniversary to the Dills. Ginger, why are you wearing masks in the truck? Is it because your grandkids are in there too? I’m confused. Hope you find that petrified wood! Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X