~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the great quotes this past week Ginger! Some of us are trying to be better humans during this pandemic.....others, not so much. :fatigue:

Happy 4th of July to all who celebrate it! I will be working, so no parties or fireworks for me. At least it won't be hard to stay AF!

Another 24 please and thank you!
    Last edited by Jude58; July 4, 2020, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe . The site was much easier today to get onto. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you...

Comment

70F already and sunny. Hot, hot, hot, mid 90's for the next week at least.
        Happy fourth for those stateside, or did all youse move to Canada?
        Crazy fireworks last night, some sounded like mortar rounds, jeez. feel so sorry for the pets. Where do people even get those.
        Went to our club pool yesterday for the first time, nice. Not to many people, all chairs kept about 10' apart. Swam laps, and came home, felt good, felt normal.
        Maybe smoke some ribs today or tomorrow. I used to drink beer all day smoking things, no more! Now I can really enjoy them, and remember eating.
        24 more please.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And for all my friends south of the 49th, Happy 4th of July!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It seems the site has gotten a bit back to normal speed! Very frustrating when it takes 10 minutes to do 2 posts lol.

Thanks for all the great quotes this past week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I have to admit that yesterdays hit real close to home for me, and todays pretty much sums up everything!

I got a good chuckle when I read your post about the VW van [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! I have this vision of a van painted in a light purple with flowers and peace symbols painted all over it, and all of you falling out the doors when you finally got up here! It definitely made my day!

Back in Veg for the weekend, then back again Tuesday afternoon for a lawyer appointment to sign the papers to make the house ours. We'll have to pay out the home equity loan that is still owing, a fair big number, but we'll take it out of our line of credit then pay it back once the house in Vermilion sells. In the meantime I'll slowly start boxing everything up and move it over here each time I come over till all that's left is the bigger furniture, then Adam will help me load and move those things. Things are falling into place, not quite the way I imagined or wanted them to, but still moving forward...

Hank and I enjoyed the nice weather yesterday afternoon in the new backyard lol

Last edited by abcowboy; July 4, 2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Aww Hank looks cute! That lawn looks pretty darn cozy too, I'm glad you're getting things sorted with your homes Cowboy, so that means you'll be living with Bubba full time now? Happy 4th of July to the cafe it really doesn't feel like it to me tho my hometown was all set to go with their usual small town plans, parade and stuff but cancelled it all last minute yesterday, made me very melancholy even though I'm not there, I've spent so many fourths on that small town street really enjoying the parade, then hot dogs and fun games in the park, fireworks at night and our own BBQs at the lake somewhere in between with all my brothers and mom, those were some of my best days of my life. 5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Smoked ribs - yum. They’re the best! Thanks for the inspiration Mr V.

Cowboy, Jessie sends Hank a scratch behind the ears! What a good boy!!!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; July 4, 2020, 09:26 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Pauly, your small town 4th celebration sounds like this little town's Labor Day celebration. We don't do much here for the 4th, but we have a great celebration on Labor Day, including a fireworks display. I wonder if we'll be able to have it this year....

Love the picture of Hank, Cowboy. I am glad you have found a way forward together with you, Bubba and Hank all together again. Oh, and also, thanks for the song. I was humming that to myself this morning. I love it!

Glad you got some time in the pool, Mr. V.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy...Hank looks like a happy boy! Sorry that there is so much stress in your life right now. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if you were drinking? Uggh!

MWO is super slow again today. It took me 10 minutes just to log in!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

72F already, hot and hazy, on the way to 96 today.
                          Hank looks pretty happy on the new lawn, Cowboy! Glad things are getting sorted. Things often don't turn out the way we plan, at least in my life, but sometimes they're much better. Time will tell.
                          Three hour bike ride yesterday in the heat. Gonna try again today. Exercise takes the place of all the stupid drinking.
                          For some reason, my facebook feed has been flooded with beer and AL ads, don't know what I clicked to set that off, ugh. Maybe stay away for a while.
                          Here's to 24 more

Comment

“One day you will be exactly where you want to be. Until then; keep going, keep believing, keep learning, keep working, and keep growing.” – Unknown

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Cowboy, love Hank laying in your comfy yard. I hope this move means you will be closer to your wife. Will this make your farming harder since you have to drive back to the farm? Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Figured I might as well whip up some pancakes to go along with the bacon and eggs since the site is slower than maple syrup in January again!

Last edited by abcowboy; July 5, 2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X