No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't follow politics vey much, let alone US politics, but one thing I have noticed is the lack of political commercials being an election year on the US tv stations. Usually there's lots of mud-slinging going on via the TV and I haven't seen any of that, yet lol.

Spent a few hours yesterday getting ready for the Telus tech this morning. I managed to get a "fish tape" up through the wall and outside to the junction box mounted on the exterior. Explained to Adam what I did and he said the Telus guy should probably pay me because the hard work is done lol.

Once the work is done here, I'll head across country to the farm and load up material for the job I have to do Tuesday. Then back to Vegreville on the holiday Wednesday as I have to go into Edmonton Thursday morning to pick up an a/c unit for a mobile home installation. It's for a friend of ours out by the farm and when I stopped in last week to look at the job I found out he has cancer. He went in to see the doctor because he was having trouble swallowing and turns out he has a tumor in the back of his throat pressing against his esophagus. They did an MRI and CT scan and found cancer in his throat, liver, adrenal glands, lungs, and lymph nodes. Too late for surgery, doing the best they can with chemo. Not a good prognosis, but he's okay with it and trying to be positive about what time he has left...

Great to see you back [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], safe and sound I presume!
      Last edited by abcowboy; June 29, 2020, 07:19 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy, that's terrible about your friend especially cuz it's too late for surgery I agree with you 100% on your view of the virus and still getting on with life but people just need to be cautious and some just aren't doing that, 5:43 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, so sorry to here about your friend. Damn cancer!

Hi, Mr. V! Hope you had a great time.

Hope everyone has a great week. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Welcome back Mr V!

Sorry your friend is dealing with cancer Cowboy. Hopefully his diagnosis and treatment wasn’t delayed by Covid-19.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Tuesday quote...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend cowboy. Another good reason to make the most out of each and every day!

Thanks for this morning's quote Ginger!

Good to see you back Mr V!

Asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So sorry to hear about your friend Cowboy. F Cancer!!! I hope they are able to keep him comfortable thru all of this. Dill, I hear you about the libraries. I downloaded overdrive app and was able to download library books to my kindle so luckily my reading was not affected by this mess. Thanks for another great quote Ginger! Heading to the beach today with family. Should be fun. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Cowboy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's got to be tough.

It's going to be another hot one here today. I don't like hot and humid. Just sayin'.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

70F and hazy, again.
                        Good to be here with you all.
                        So sorry to hear of your friend, Cowboy. Sad indeed, sounds like it's all through him. Hope he doesn't have much pain. Glad you can give some help.
                        One of the reasons, of many, for my quitting drinking was for health. AL causes multiple forms of cancers, or a least plays a large part. I just hope I've given myself a few more years.
                        I'd rather live life, than just trudge through it.
                        As to the world today, just because you're sick of hearing about Covid, or BLM, doesn't mean they've gone away.
                        Adjust, adapt, that's what I'm trying to do.
                        24 more please

Comment

Thanks everyone for the thoughts regarding our friend. He is a prime example of this morning's quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Covid didn't affect his diagnosis and treatment at all [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. He said he hadn't been feeling well for the past year or so, but kept putting off seeing the doctor about it until he started having trouble swallowing. As soon as they suspected cancer, they immediately shipped him into Edmonton for the MRI and CT scan, then started chemo. He says it's his own fault because he waited so long to get checked out.

Comment

Ugh! That's rough, ABC. Let that be a lesson to us all. Get a check up every year and talk to your doc if you're feeling off.

Agate hunting with the grandsons today so I'm off! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, it’s a shame your friend put off seeing his doctor, at least treatment wasn’t delayed because of the virus. I’ve read that a lot of people have been reluctant to go to hospital or seek medical treatment out of fear of getting Covid. As Ginger says, if you’re not feeling right, get checked out.

Lots of rain here today and it looks like Canada Day will be wet as well. Best wishes to the Canadians here for a happy Canada Day!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe & well.

Proudly Canadian QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X