~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Aww Ginger I was reading on my fitness forum about how a lady in a nursing home died and at the end she had thought her family had "thrown her away" cuz they weren't visiting, she was too old to understand that they weren't allowed to visit and had stopped eating and refusing her medication cuz she was too sad, broke my damn heart! 5:52 am in Vegas another 24, wishing everyone a fabulous AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Omg, Pauly, that could be my aunt. So very sad.

Love that quote, Rava!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had some very loud thunderstorms last evening and through the night. I love listening to a storm. Jessie didn’t let the booming bother her sleep!

Phase 2 of the re-opening is underway here. I can understand people want to get back to normal but I hope we’re not undoing what we accomplished in the last few months through self isolation and social distancing.

Pauly, what a sad story about the lady in a nursing home thinking her family threw her away. I bet that’s happened hundreds of times.

Thanks for a week of great quotes Rava, you’re a tough act to follow!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; June 13, 2020, 08:46 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great posts this past week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I don't imagine many recovery stories are exactly the same, how long it takes, the deciding factor to quit, what method is used... But I'm almost certain one factor stays constant, it's almost impossible to do alone! Thanks again for being here my friends, and for being my sounding board when I thought no one else would listen, or understand...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That’s hilarious that it’s your chef son who got the sandwich with the unwrapped cheese slice, QW! That’s the way to handle it; with humor, but getting your point across that you won’t be taken advantage of.

I wanted to comment on your aunt last time, Ginger; but didn’t want to make my post too long, and I had something important that I wanted to say about alcohol & alcoholism and how it was impacting my life, on this site that is supposed to be about that topic.
            That’s a terrible situation that she is in! It’s like being in jail. And here I think assisted living centers are so great, but then this happens. HB’s aunt is in one in California, even though I think a senior living apartment would be better for her because she is a spry & independent, socially adept and gregarious 88-year-old. It has been really hard for her to be locked up all this time. But it’s especially hard for your aunt with some confusion going on.

Thank you for all the spot-on quotes, Rava. Especially “Let shit go.” That’s a challenging one!

I realize that I am on the wrong thread, as this one is just for saying a quick “24 more hours please”, and I already do that on the daily Roll Call thread. And I don’t feel like talking about the weather and my dog, as that’s not why I’m here.
            It was very nice getting to know you all, and good luck to you!
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slow progress is still progress

It’s important to remember it takes time to get to where we want to be.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes last week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

58F and sunny.
                  I'll be off the grid for the next few weeks so it's likely you won't be hearing from me. Headed to both South and North Dakota for some cycling, then on to Colorado.
                  Slo, Does this mean your leaving us? Hope not, at least check back once in a while.
                  24+ more please.

Comment

I got too busy doing seasonal projects yesterday and forgot to check in!

Slo, our thread is mostly a drinking support thread but we do share our daily lives as well as talk of the weather and such. Perhaps we don't do that to the level of your expectation or need. But we are always here for you and like Mr. V, I hope you will stop in once in a while, and more often if possible. We will miss you. Your contribution here was very much appreciated.:heartbeat:

I have no doubt that their are thousands of folks in adult care facilities feeling lonely, forgotten and discarded due to this current pandemic circumstance. I know I would. And even if I cognitively understood the reason for the forced isolation, it wouldn't make things better. Loneliness is an awful thing and too difficult to bear if there's no hope in sight. Thankfully our state is currently allowing outdoor visitations in care facilities since the beginning of June.

Mr. V, enjoy your adventures in the Dakotas. Safe travels and send a virtual postcard when you can.

We acquired a new cat this week. It was a stray that turned up and Mr. D's cousin's place a hear or so ago as a kitten. This is the cousin that died of cancer in February. Then two months later his wife died, also of cancer. So poor Toby (the cat) was orphaned. The sister of the deceased wife is taking care of the estate and asked us if we would take the cat. How could we refuse?! Anyway, he is a lovely cat and seems to like it here so far. He's still getting used to things.

Rava, thanks for the week of excellent quotes. The one about the egg and potato really made me stop and think!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; June 14, 2020, 06:32 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pretty simple breakfast this morning, but tasty!

Comment

Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Hope everyone has a great week. Slo, I dont think you are on the wrong post. Some of us share more than others. I like checking in and reading the posts but most times I just keep it short and sweet. I actually was on another thread for a while and people posted so much information that I felt like I wasn’t posting enough so I joined this one which to me was simple and quick. Hope you find what you are looking for. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

You're right, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], any kind of progress is still progress!

Stay safe on your travels and adventures [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!

Sorry to see you go [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I understand where you're coming from, just not sure how to make things any different. I could tell horror story after horror story of the things I did while drinking, what it took to get sober, but we've all been there and it would get boring in a hurry. MWO has changed big time since when I first joined, just take a look at all the threads... The Army thread appears to be the busiest thread now, even the Nest doesn't have near the posts it used to. Lots of new members have been joining, but not posting. Who knows why? I know that when my subscription runs out in July, I won't be renewing it, just not enough benefit being a subscriber to justify the expense.

It's not always about what we talk about that matters, just being here for each other when we need it has to count for something....

Comment

I'm confused [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? I'm not sure what got posted or didn't get posted to make you feel like this thread isn't for you? Wish you well. Dill, congrats on the new kitty I'm sure it'll bring lots of happiness to your household, I love animals even though it's alot of work sometimes, when they want to be fed they want it NOW! 6:01 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote, WE!

Sorry to see you go, Slo. I'll miss your check in posts. Stop in once in awhile. 😁

Mr. V, enjoy your adventure! Yummy brekkie, ABC.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X