No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Brrrr, -22C (-7F) this morning, snow is supposedly on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

More medical appointments today, thankful we have a very good health care system.

My DIL’s birthday today, she’s the daughter we never had! Nice to see Tom Hanks acknowledge his DIL as his 5th child at the award show the other night.

It’s cold out there today, -17C with the windchill. It’ll either be a treadmill day or a walk at the indoor track. Jessie didn’t stay out long this morning!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

True quote! Thanks, Dill.

Going to try a short hike today. Don't want to waste a 70° day if I can help it!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Birthday Slo!

Hope you have a great day!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, -10C at 3:24 in Calgary.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks! A decision was made late last night to induce labor in daughter this morning, so I’ve been at her bedside all day waiting for a baby! But it looks like we’re not going to share a birthday after all.
                Last edited by Slo; January 7, 2020, 09:12 PM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo!!

Hope the grandbaby arrives soon!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy birthday Slo! �� Hope that all goes well today with the birth of your grandchild!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.

That's the bottom line, isn't it. That's the very definition of addiction and recovery right there in a nutshell. I don't know who said it, I found it on a recovery website and there was no attribution. I hope I don't offend anyone by using the word addiction. For me my drinking had reached that level, but we are all different. Still the saying applies, even if drinking was just a dependency or a bad habit, or whatever. When trying to conquer it, we have to be strong in moments of weakness. Thankfully they do pass!

Happy belated Birthday, Slo! So exciting about the baby!

Ginger, I hope you are feeling much, much better.

QW, I know exactly how you feel about your DIL. The old saying, "you're not losing a son, you're gaining a daughter" is absolutely true.

Rava, I am so jealous of you being down there in that warmth and sunshine! When we were in New Orleans the temperatures were 30 degrees warmer than back in Ohio. Even now I can still close my eyes and feel like I am back there with the sun on my face. Of course when I open my eyes I see our woodstove instead!

Cowboy, you are so good about baking those birthday cakes! We are so lucky to have you at the helm.

Our dear friend, Mr. D's cousin, is at death's door. He went into hospice on the 3rd. We went to see him but he was not conscious or able to respond to us. We talked with him anyway, of course. He has been fighting this fight against alcohol and cirrhosis, then cancer for a long time. It's gong to be hard for us and harder for his wife.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; January 8, 2020, 06:31 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Took a bike ride yesterday to a beautiful beach. This picture is from there. We listened to a random guy playing the bagpipes under the trees. Such a beautiful moment. I’m thankful for my sobriety. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Happy birthday Slo and hope your grand baby comes soon! sorry this pic is sideways!!
                        Last edited by Rava; January 8, 2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

It's -16C (3F) this morning with a wind blowing and heavy snow falling...got me a date with

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Not only do we have to be at our strongest, but we also have to be humble enough to ask for help!

Any news about the baby [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? Hope both mom and babe come out of the delivery healthy and happy!

I'm going to bet you took that pic with your phone [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and probably an iPhone at that. Looks like a place I'd rather be than having a date with a snow shovel this morning lol. A trick to posting pics with your phone, turn the phone 90 degrees counter clockwise and take the pic in "landscape" style, it should post correctly then...

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24 Happy Birthday Slo and hope everything is going well with your daughter and grandbaby! Rava nice pic
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Anxiously awaiting news from our doctor after X-rays and bloodwork done yesterday. Sometimes I think getting older sucks and maybe it does but it sucks less if you’re sober!

I told our DIL yesterday that she’s loved and that we’re very proud of her. She said we made her day!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X