~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Going out for groceries today. Sure wish we didn't have to but it's time to stock the shelves.

Slo, thinking of you.

I'll take another 24.

Comment

6:23 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You don’t have to worry about killing my positivity, Pauly, since I don’t have any right now.

My brother’s apartment was looked over yesterday, and it looks like he wasn’t planning suicide for long. He was in the middle of doing his laundry, and had lots of freshly-purchased food. I feel somewhat better that hopefully he wasn’t living in that kind of agony for a super long time.
        It’s possible that this financial crisis tipped him over: little bro had told twin sis at little nephew’s birthday party on 3/8 that now-dead bro had “made a killing in the stock market”. He had quit his corporate job a year or two ago, and was probably hoping to live on the nest egg that he thought he had. All conjecture though, as he didn’t leave a note.

I’m still finding kind, supportive people on the phone to cry my pain & shock out with. This is new for me, as I usually just bury pain like this. This time I have the time & space, and I am facing it and moving through the endless waterfall of tears and such. It has only been a week; he was still alive a week ago at this time!! Avoiding HB like the plague though, since he is unsupportive. Had a short-lived weak moment yesterday when I woke up in pain and verbally reached out to him, but he was unsupportive. I am so, so glad that there are other people who will hear me, and make space for me, and understand.

Looking for a quiet AF day. Let’s all walk (I can a little, before the knee hurts) and bike, and sit in the beauty of nature instead of drinking today!
        Last edited by Slo; March 26, 2020, 08:46 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, great quotes! The beautiful mountain scene is Mt. Robson in Jasper National Park, Alberta and one of my favourite places.

I don’t recall if I ever mentioned that I used to collect Roman Imperial coins and I have a few from the reign of Marcus Aurelius. If you watched Gladiator, he was father to Commodus (I have a few of his coins too).

Slo, sending a big hug your way. You’ve been through a lot recently and are staying af which is amazing.

Another day in isolation. Our neighbours are picking up a few groceries for us so we don’t have to go out.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, +10 and sunny in yyc, a bit windy though.

Have a good one.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Slo, sending a big hug your way xo. I am so sorry about your brother.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Friday's quote...
                "If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else." – Booker T. Washington

Seems like we need to be lifted up these days. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks Ginger for another positive quote!
                  [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] I'm also sending a hug your way....wish that I could be there in person though. Sorry that the HB isn't being supportive at a time when you need it the most.

Another 24 for all of us please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the good quote Ginger. Slo, sending you a virtual hug today. You will get thru this one day at a time. Keep moving the best you can and know that this group has your back. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-4C (24F) this morning, should be great weather for my drive to Vegreville and some outdoor time with Hank!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I keep trying to remind myself not to look at the news, but it's like an insect being drawn to a light lol. Funny thing though, I don't look for the numbers of people infected all over the world, but I look for what sanctions are being imposed and wondering what's next in my area. It shouldn't be like that, I should be concerned at the spread and those who are infected. Anyway, enough of talk of Covid, just repeat the Serenity prayer and do what you can to stay healthy!

On a happier note, the farm boss called yesterday to see if I was still going to help with harvest and seeding this spring because of what's going on. I told him there was no better way to self-isolate than to spend 12-14 hours a day in a combine or tractor lol. It looks like we'll finish harvest first, then move on to seeding because there won't be enough trucks and manpower to do both at the same time, and he didn't think he'd be able to coordinate two crews plus get the spraying done. Then he proceeds to tell me that I'll be running new iron for seeding this year, a new tractor, air drill, and air cart! Bigger, better, and more complicated with the new electronics and technology. John Deere always has training seminars for operators to learn the new systems, but of course that can't happen now, so they have an interactive simulator set up on their webpage to learn on. I got my id set up yesterday and logged in to start playing my kind of video game lol. I have lots to do in the evenings now to keep busy lol.

Have a great day and fantastic weekend my friends! Remember, tough times don't last, but tough people do!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, I think running a big ole piece of equipment might be your "happy place".

Stay well everyone. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24 [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION],I'm sorry and I don't think most people can understand unless they've been through our kind of loss, for me the first year was a fog, the second year was actually harder cuz the shock wore off, now I think about Jon everyday, even if it's just brief a song might come on, I see someone who looks like him, a memory will pop up, etc don't be surprised if this is with you for a long time, my husband cares but he's not very supportive either says he chose to do that for his reasons and leaves it at that and I get pissed cuz I want someone to breakdown and cry over him like I do, my daughter does but I don't want her feeling that pain either, my dad is still a wreck anyhoo I probably should have pm'd you this response didn't think of that til now just wanted you to know-i get it.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another great quote today. How true!

We took up the kind offer our neighbours made to grocery shop for us so we didn’t have to go out. Very much appreciated!

Jessie and I took advantage of sunny, warm weather yesterday and went for a long walk. Hope to do the same today. Hope they don’t ban dog walking!!!

I read online this morning that the government run liquor stores in Ontario are starting home delivery at 7AM to keep up with demand. Guess when you’re an essential service, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Cowboy, enjoy the training on your new rides.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome news for you, Cowboy! A brand spanking new piece of machinery to pilot for you to look forward to, and busy evenings getting ready! Also, I had not heard the saying 'tough times don't last, tough people do'. I like it!

I have never willingly gone to counselling but have had to go a time or two, one time being at my doctor's insistence so I could get her to prescribe campral to help me with cravings. But I think grief counselling would be one that I would willingly sign up for if I were dealing with grief. I know how important it is to be able to talk those feelings out. Just a thought, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Maybe for you too, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], even tho it's two years on now? You have probably already thought of that.

QW, how ironic and sad that liquor stores are considered "essential". But indeed they are, from the government's perspective as a revenue source, and from a medical perspective to prevent severe DT's for some.

It's a rainy spring day here. A good day to stay af! 24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X