• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

37F cool, and hopefully sunny
    Bike ride in order
    24 more please

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Count me in for a big plateful of that [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], it looks yummy!

Thursday night at the Town Council Meeting, the Councilors approved a by-law requiring masks be worn inside all public buildings. I think it's going to happen in a lot of places moving forward, wish I would have bought shares in Amazon lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Me too Cowboy, we'd be rich! QW, we were just talking about the numbers in a couple of weeks will be huge, sooooo many people still traveled and the stores are packed, drove by Walmart yesterday cuz I usually go on Friday to get guinea pig food and hay and the cars in the parking lot were many so I drove right on by, forget that! 5:37 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a super AF Saturday!
          Last edited by paulywogg; November 28, 2020, 08:38 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

With all the photos and stories of food in the Cafe lately, maybe we should start a culinary tour! Moose, beef Wellington, turkey, chicken, pumpkin pie, sounds wonderful! I’m in.

A mild day with Chinook winds blowing. The forecast for the next week has mild temps, unusual for this time of year.

Cowboy, I wish our council had made mask wearing mandatory. Anti-maskers from all over southern Alberta are shopping here although several stores have policies requiring that shoppers wear masks, including WalMart. I dislike wearing a mask but I wear one to protect me and those I meet. It’s worth the inconvenience as far as I’m concerned. Sadly we’re likely to see huge increases in the number of infected people as we head into winter with hospitals already at or near capacity.

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No big plans around here. Recumbent bike ride and a short walk with the pup. That's my excitement for today. All this covid crap has messed with my wanderlust. Hope it returns when things get back to "normal". 24 more...

Comment

The weather cooperated yesterday so my son and grandkids were able to come over for a campfire in the woods. We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and had a great day! It made such a difference to me just having that bit of time with them.

Hmmm, "normal", [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? I was thinking today about how quickly we will make a return to normal once this is all in the rearview. I think as far as human-to-human contact like handshakes and hugs and social gatherings....I think we'll snap back almost overnight! But some things may remain such as card purchases instead of cash, zoom meetings, increased internet shopping levels. Those will remain. But I think we will go back to in person dining and shopping to a large extent fairly quickly. I know Mr. D will want to continue curbside pick up forever! He has really taken to it.

How's about another 24 for today while we ponder it all?
                Last edited by dill; November 28, 2020, 10:51 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Heading out on a long run, but before I go did I mention another 24.
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

29F cooling
                      orf to work today
                      24 more please

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I was sure I set breakfast out earlier, guess not. Best get it down before heading out on our last day of hunting this year!

Comment

6:08 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a fabulous AF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, thanks for another great brekkie. Stay safe and good hunting today.

Ginger, I love my recumbent bike. I need to increase my time, currently 45 minutes, to an hour every day. I’m hoping that with the last of my current hip treatments I can do a ride and a walk daily.

Mr V, hope work goes well today.

I realize that I’ve often spoken in the Cafe on the side of science and not economy when talking about this virus. My perspective has been influenced by my own situation, not everyone is in the same position. I appreciate every day what I have and how fortunate I am. I can’t imagine what it must be like to not have an income or a job. Our federal government has mortgaged our grandchildren’s grandchildren’s future by supporting Canadians in need with funds through hard times with a monthly subsidy plus enhancements to our employment insurance program for individuals and rent and wage subsidies for businesses, but they have been there for those in need.
                              I realize not everyone has benefitted from the same level of government support. My apologies for not being as understanding as I should have been.

Have a safe af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, you are so right. We are fortunate only to have the health concerns to worry about in this pandemic. Others have it way worse.

Yummy breakfast, ABC. My son got his elk and deer this weekend. He's an archery hunter. He's also a certified taxidermist, if you ever need one!

Dill, I'm so happy you and your family got together. Definitely a balm to our lonely grandparent's souls!

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X