~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please, 10:45 -10C in Calgary, AB.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I missed walking my little buddy this morning as I was up much of the night with the flu. And when I finally got to sleep around 5 this morning, my little buddy had to go out. Oh well.

Meeting with my accountant tomorrow morning to deliver income tax documents. So glad to have that into his capable hands.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick fly-by check in for another 24 af hours..

Comment

"The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man’s foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher."

— Thomas Huxley

For me, as with most of us here at MWO, that ladder was on the inside of a bottle. There were times that I had climbed one rung, then stepped back two, bringing me that much closer to the bottom, where there was no light or hope. I have finally reached the top of that damned bottle, and am doing everything in my power to stay out of that trap for good. Touching base here every day here is a huge help in maintaining that goal, and I can't thank you all enough!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....I haven't seen The Darkest Hour yet, but I have heard that it's very good, and will have to make time for it.

Mr. V.....hope that you didn't blow away in yesterday's windstorm. At one point here, the snow was literally coming down sideways, but thankfully, it didn't last long, and the wind was the only thing that we had to deal with. Thankful that the roof didn't blow off the house and that we never lost power. Amazing!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!
          Last edited by Jude58; April 5, 2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

30F with the sun peaking through. Finally a day without rain. It won't last long, as rain and snow expected tomorrow night, followed by near record cold.
            April has always been my least favorite month. It's just a tease, lol.
            and then there was this horror movie, Ori.
            24 more here please!

Comment

Thanks Jude, for another good quote and a good visualization too!

The wind finally died down over night. What a relief! A tornado did touch down in our area night before last and several barns were destroyed. There were no injuries or deaths, but there was a news report about some loose pigs! I chuckled about that one but I know it wasn't funny to the farmer. Not in the least! We had an incident years ago of one of our dogs chasing some of our more skittish young cows. They broke thru a weak point in our fencing and were off on a what became a 30 day adventure. We live next door to a natural area park preserve and are surrounded by farms as well. Getting those cows back in proved really difficult! Our kids and friends laughed about it and made light of it but I don't think Mr. D ever once cracked a smile over any of it! There was the constant fear of one of them standing in the roadway, getting hit and causing injury. There was the damage they cause to neighbor's crops. What a nightmare!

24 more please and thank you!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

For you, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]:

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
                Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
                Memory and desire, stirring
                Dull roots with spring rain.
                _T.S. Elliot
                Last edited by dill; April 5, 2018, 06:55 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

46f here in Jersey and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:53am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great to have you back Pauly! Let's git'er done eh! You can do this, I know you can! You're too strong of a person to let alcohol beat you down time and time again! :hug:
                        Last edited by abcowboy; April 5, 2018, 08:01 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A very late check in for me, well past my bed time and, well, I need my beauty sleep! I spent an enjoyable (?) evening with a computer tech and he was able to sort out most of my technical issues.

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

— Henry David Thoreau

23 degrees F with snow in the forecast.....where is Spring?

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you!
                            Last edited by Jude58; April 6, 2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

42F and cloudy, rain and snow on the way tonight.
                              Have to travel to Kentucky for work, 3-6 inches of snow expected, Can't wait. (sarcasm, I have to work outside all day).
                              We had a cow loose in our neighborhood for about a week, years ago. It's still the stuff of lore. She escaped the stock yards and ran amuck. She was eventually caught, named Cincy Freedom, and spent her last years at an animal sanctuary owned by the artist Peter Max in upstate New York, after she was honored by riding in the Cincinnati Reds Opening day parade. You can still find artwork featuring her likeness.
                              Good to see you back, Pauly.
                              Glad the computer's sorted, QW.
                              Speaking of striking at the root, I'm still trying to address that one. Started cleaning a few areas of my house, basement mostly, I was struck by far out of control I had let my life become by drinking.
                              24 more please.

Comment

Mr. V, thanks for the cow story! Loved it! Interesting that you should mention how far your living spaces have gotten out of control bc of your drinking. We spent several days over the last couple of weeks trying to sort a friend out whose house and yard have become an absolute nightmare. We're helping him bc physically he can't do much because he has severe cirrhosis and bad knees. He let himself get wrecked by drinking. And he let his home get wrecked by neglect due to his drinking. Even his mind is diminished bc of the drinking. And yet he is in firm denial. So, sadly, while sifting thru the debris in his back room, I found beer cans tucked away. Both full and empty. Yeah, he isn't supposed to be drinking at all. He's undergoing evaluation currently to see if he can get on the list for liver transplant.

Jude, your striking at the root quote is spot on. In the case of the friend mentioned above, Mr. D and I came to the conclusion yesterday that we were just spinning our wheels trying to get his place sorted. It will not make a bit of difference if he doesn't make the changes he needs to make that are the root cause of the chaos.

Pauly, glad you're here!

Ori, I read the brain article. Truly amazing the advances being made in medical science. Thanks for that one.

The grip winter has is depressing, for sure, but on the positive side, it may just make a really good year for fruit trees! We often have a thaw, the trees bud out, then we get his with a deep freeze that kills the blossoms. Not this year, I hope!

Greetings Cowboy, LC, narilly, QW and dear readers!

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; April 6, 2018, 07:24 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X